Tippmann Pneumatics Inc. Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

you haven’t experienced Drama...

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
jordanpischke View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jordanpischke Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 October 2007 at 9:12am
/\ /\ Wrong to quote the website " Sounds like a baby being punched and an egyptian slave being brutally beaten with multiple dead cats until he bleeds to death"
reifidom View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Zatoichi

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reifidom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 October 2007 at 9:17am
Holy crap... did OS just quote Green Day?

Yeoman View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Yeoman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 October 2007 at 11:01am

Originally posted by Panda Man Panda Man wrote:

The bad thing, the singer is ALWAYS gone... it kinda sucks, we make a kick<butt> rift, but without him trying to think of something...

I had the same exact problem.  I played guitar in a high school band, our singer was always off with his girlfriend and never made time for anyone else.  Eventually we got over it and stopped asking him to come to practice.  He got the idea and started showing up more when we told him we were looking for other people to replace him. 

Don't worry about the critics here on the forum.  I never made music with the intention of making other people happy.  If you like it, that's all that should matter.  Fans are just icing on the cake.

Panda Man View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Iíll feed you to my SNAKE!! METALFACE!!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Panda Man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 October 2007 at 11:10am
^No, I love critics just as much as Fans

I mean if I have a room full of people saying "you guys suck!" and we have a small group sitting their having fun, were going to keep playing, hell even if the entire room wants to come kick our ass, were going to continue... but our vocals are bad, the only problem with me, is that it takes awhile to "find it". I scream/talk, where Jon(or vocalist) cannot do that, I've tried to teach him but... Trying to pound that Lyrics are just as import as a perfectly performed rifts is like asking a Sheep to turn into a pig... it wont happen. We call Johns voice "Distorted pterodactyl"... its allright for now, you also have to remember were using some aweful recording equipment as well... that old P.O.S were using is a joke.
Da Hui View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Guested, 9/13 Inappropiate post content

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Da Hui Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 October 2007 at 11:20am
Apparently your screaming has no idea of how to control his air.

Edited by Da Hui - 15 October 2007 at 11:22am
Skillet42565 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Actuarry itís Skirret

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Skillet42565 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 October 2007 at 11:32am
And your bass player is terrible.
Panda Man View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Panda Man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 October 2007 at 12:02pm
Originally posted by Skillet42565 Skillet42565 wrote:

Yes he is... I'm tired of working with myself, I should just go into a corner and start cutting myself, hell that would be an easy ticket to fame.
Man Bites Dog View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
The forumer formely known as TKD

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Man Bites Dog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 October 2007 at 12:44pm
Originally posted by reifidom reifidom wrote:

Holy crap... did OS just quote Green Day?

Something is very wrong with the universe.
Skillet42565 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Actuarry itís Skirret

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Skillet42565 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 October 2007 at 2:10pm
Originally posted by Panda Man Panda Man wrote:

Originally posted by Skillet42565 Skillet42565 wrote:

Yes he is... I'm tired of working with myself, I should just go into a corner and start cutting myself, hell that would be an easy ticket to fame.

You could join Hawthorne Heights.
choopie911 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Commie Canuck

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote choopie911 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 October 2007 at 2:20pm
It's not just bad vocals, it's bad everything. The drummer sounds like he's off playing his own song, using his own timing sometimes.

And it's 'riffs' not 'rifts'....
Benjichang View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
I pwned Leroy Jenkins!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Benjichang Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 October 2007 at 3:45pm
Originally posted by choopie911 choopie911 wrote:

And it's 'riffs' not 'rifts'....
oldsoldier View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Frequent target of infantile obsessives

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oldsoldier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 October 2007 at 8:43pm
Hey I like Green Day....reminds me of early NY Garage Rock. The boy's band plays all this new era stuff, so I tell em that I need either CD's or sheets before he "volunteers" me to stand in when one of his mates throw a tantrum. We did a wedding a few months back and for the parents I did a set of some 80's and threw the boys in the band for a loop since they do have difficulty playing by ear or improvising.
Da Hui View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Guested, 9/13 Inappropiate post content

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Da Hui Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 October 2007 at 8:46pm
I liked Green Day's early career. American idiot really turned me off on them.
Glassjaw View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Took down Mike Tyson

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Glassjaw Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 October 2007 at 8:46pm
Originally posted by Da Hui Da Hui wrote:

I liked Green Day's early career. American idiot really turned me off on them.

QFT.
The desire for polyester is just to powerful.
oldsoldier View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Frequent target of infantile obsessives

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oldsoldier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 October 2007 at 8:47pm
Same here after Dookie...downhill..........
ANARCHY_SCOUT View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
strike 1 1/24 rudeness to newer members

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ANARCHY_SCOUT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 October 2007 at 9:02pm
Originally posted by oldsoldier oldsoldier wrote:

Nimrod was quite different but like stated downhill from there.
Gamertag: Kataklysm999
Panda Man View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Panda Man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 October 2007 at 10:57am
meh? green day is green day, a bunch over paid low talents. I swear they have the same Rhythm in EVERY song.
carl_the_sniper View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Strike 1 - 7/29, Bad Linky

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote carl_the_sniper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 October 2007 at 11:10am

Havent listened to the clip

So are you guys metalcore?

<just say no to unnecessarily sexualized sigs>
Man Bites Dog View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
The forumer formely known as TKD

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Man Bites Dog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 October 2007 at 11:53am
Originally posted by oldsoldier oldsoldier wrote:

I think it is split. After Dookie, they had two really good albums, Nimrod and Warning.

They also had two really bad albums, Insomniac and American Idiot.

Neither Nimrod nor Warning were as good as Dookie, but I thought they were pretty solid albums.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic