Tippmann Pneumatics Inc. Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Guages

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Zippo25 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zippo25 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Guages
    Posted: 11 October 2007 at 4:07am

ok very quick question. i've got a custom set up i'm tinkering with and want to measure the pressure spikes/dips its causing with my co2. are the gauges u see on hpa tanks ok to attach to my line using co2? thanks in advance

Edited by Zippo25 - 11 October 2007 at 10:25am
tallen702 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Strike 1 - Swearing on Facebook

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tallen702 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 October 2007 at 11:20am
The thing to remember is that you don't actually get a dip in or a spike of pressure from CO2 in the marker until the bottle starts running out. Otherwise, you're getting a constant of 850psi (operating pressure for a tippmann) all the way to the valve. The way a pressure spike in the valve with CO2 works is that liquid CO2 under 850psi of pressure enters the valve chamber. When the valve is opened to fire the round, an excessive amount of CO2 expands giving you more propellant behind the ball, similar to say, a magnum round in a real fire-arm having more powder in it. Otherwise, until you start running out of air in the tank, you wouldn't actually see any difference in pressure other than a little bit of a recharge rate where the CO2 moves through the system.
<Removed overly wide sig. Tsk, you know better.>
TheWarHam View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TheWarHam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 October 2007 at 7:37pm
Wait wait wait, I know this topic is like a week old (OH MY GOD HELP US ALL!!), but are you saying there really aren't any velocity spikes until you start to run out of air? Or are you saying that pressure stays the same but velocity changes because of temperature, so a regulator would actually be... useless?
Im pretty sure I misinterpreted what you said, but I want to confirm what you meant, as my mind is turning into salad.

Edited by TheWarHam - 18 October 2007 at 9:06pm
Indeedly
tallen702 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Strike 1 - Swearing on Facebook

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tallen702 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 October 2007 at 9:29pm
I think he just wants a gauge to measure what the constant pressure in his system is. I.E. whether pressure is spiking or dropping in his system. The problem is, the CO2 will be at a constant pressure until the valve opens. Then you'll see a bit of a spike or a dip from the co2 moving through the system and expanding to fill the void in the valve if you have some liquid in the system, but it will be so fast, you won't be able to properly measure it without forcing the system.

and I've got no problem with week-old posts. It's just the 4 month and year-old ones that are senseless.

Edited by tallen702 - 18 October 2007 at 9:30pm
<Removed overly wide sig. Tsk, you know better.>
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic