Tippmann Pneumatics Inc. Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

x7 problem

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Pwny Xprez View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pwny Xprez Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: x7 problem
    Posted: 28 September 2007 at 4:57pm

hey i just bought a brand new x7 and i installed the flatline barrel. when i put the co2 tank on and tried to fire, the co2 shot out but the paintball just rolled out of the barrel. any suggestions. 

its my first gun so i might be overlooking something simple.

Mack View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Has no impulse! control

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 September 2007 at 5:20pm
If the tank is new as well, it may be empty.  They don't come filled.  Pardon me, but I'm assuming you're brand new to paintball.  If not, my apologies; but you need to explain exactly what happened when you pulled the trigger.

Edited by Mack - 28 September 2007 at 5:32pm

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pwny Xprez Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 September 2007 at 5:22pm

the tank is filled. i hooked it up and shot several times with gas coming out of the barrel followed by the paintball just falling out with no force at all. i tried adjusting the velocity screw but the same thing happened.

Mack View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Has no impulse! control

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 September 2007 at 5:33pm
Is the marker stock or modified.  If it is modded, please list every mod.  Additionally, what size CO2 tank are you using and does it have a standard pin valve or an on/off valve?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pwny Xprez Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 September 2007 at 5:37pm
the only mods i have added was the flatline barrel and the egrip which came pre-installed(it is otherwise stock). the tank is a 20oz co2 tank with no on/off switch. the paintballs are procaps.
Mack View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Has no impulse! control

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 September 2007 at 5:49pm
The Flatline (F/L) may be part of your problem, but it isn't the entire problem.  Keep this info in mind for later if you have velocity issues:
  • The F/L uses a rough internal surface combined with an arced barrel to induce spin on the ball. (The arc forces the ball to ride the top of the barrel while the rough surface grabs and spins the ball.)
    • Both of these factors (rough surface and arced barrel) create extra friction on the ball.  While this friction is what makes the F/L work, it also slows the ball down in the barrel.
    • Some F/L owners find that they have issues with low velocity (230-240 fps) normally once the barrel is installed.
    • This can generally be fixed with an after-market spring kit.
      • Installing a heavier drive spring causes the hammer to hit the valve harder, thus opening it for longer.  More propellant is released, which compensates for the extra friction from the barrel.
    • As a side note, once you start working with your barrel, you should know that most A5 F/Ls seem to have the best accuracy at velocities around 265 fps.
Now, back to your problem.

Has this marker been used with this tank before?

If so, did it work before?

Has this tank been used with any marker before?

If so did the different marker work with this tank?

How far did you disassemble the marker to install the F/L barrel?

How much experience do you have with paintball markers?  (I.E. borrowing other peoples, renting, etc.  I need to know this because it will affect what I suggest you try.)

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pwny Xprez Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 September 2007 at 5:53pm
everything i used was all out of the box new.  i did have to loosen most of the screws and pins to get the original barrel adapter out.  i have very little experience with markers. only used them a few times before from friends.  appreciate the advice so far by the way.
Mack View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Has no impulse! control

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 September 2007 at 6:01pm
Your welcome.

Tippmanns are the most dependable markers made, so this is a little out of my experience range.  One just out of the box not working is practically unheard of. 

With this in mind, I'm going to start with the assumption that the problem is with the tank and ask a few more questions.

Where did you get it filled?

How long ago did you get it filled?

Can you depress the valve pin with your thumbnail and get it to release CO2?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pwny Xprez Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 September 2007 at 7:17pm
it appears to be some problem with the flatline barrel. i switched the original back in and it worked no problem.
Mack View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Has no impulse! control

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 September 2007 at 2:02am
If it seems to be the barrel, then the first question should be "Will your paint roll freely through the barrel?"
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic