FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

PS2 Online

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Yomillio View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Retard

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Yomillio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: PS2 Online
    Posted: 16 September 2007 at 9:04am
May be getting an online adaptor for my PS2 before I truly decide to get a 360, just to see if it is really worth it for me.  Im looking to get some good online games for it.  I already have Gran Turismo 4, Call of Duty 3, and Socom 3, so you don't have to suggest those.  I enjoy most any shooter or sports game, but Im not really into RPGs.  Im also planning on picking up madden sometime, so thats covered also.  Anything you guys have to suggest - just put it down.
Horsepower View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
Warning: Fail is closer than it seems!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Horsepower Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 September 2007 at 9:48am
Socom Combined Assault.

Come Get Some !
xXK1CK1NVV1NGXx View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Strike 2, 7/17 - quote offensive post

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote xXK1CK1NVV1NGXx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 September 2007 at 9:50am
IMO don't compare PS2 online to the xbox's, because PS2's interface pretty much sucks. As for games I have this game called Sniper Elite, and it is really fun basically you are a sniper in WW2 that has been deployed in Europe and throughout the game you complete different missions. But the fun part is, when you shoot you have to factor in wind and bullet drop, and when you get that good shot it has this thing called bullet timinng which follows the bullet right into head chest or wherever you shot the person. Online for the game is just like most, all you do is run around and shoot people while trying not to be found/shot.
<Sig violation, Section 1>
stratoaxe View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
And my axe...

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stratoaxe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 September 2007 at 2:58pm
My PS2 was always laggy as hell online, not sure why. I've got a good Internet connection. I just quit and moved on to the 360.
choopie911 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Commie Canuck

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote choopie911 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 September 2007 at 4:27pm
PS2 online kind of sucks, and kind of doesn't. It's nice because it's free, it sucks because it's free.

The reason it's free is that Sony itself doesn't host the online content, they're not who runs the servers. This means the manufacturer of each game, if they want online content, has to run it themselves. This means you dont have the same username for all online access, you need to sign up for services each time you want to play a new game, and just in general less features than online pay services.

Socom and THUG were decent online.
jmac3 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Official Box Hoister

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jmac3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 September 2007 at 6:46pm
Originally posted by choopie911 choopie911 wrote:

PS2 online kind of sucks, and kind of doesn't. It's nice because it's free, it sucks because it's free.

The reason it's free is that Sony itself doesn't host the online content, they're not who runs the servers. This means the manufacturer of each game, if they want online content, has to run it themselves. This means you dont have the same username for all online access, you need to sign up for services each time you want to play a new game, and just in general less features than online pay services.

EA games are all the same user name if I remember correctly.

That does make it suck.

Socom is pretty much the only online game where you could get a decent amount of play time. There is always people on there. Combined Assault is the newest, therefore it will have the most people.

Socom really never lagged that bad for, and it's pretty fun. I forget if it's 32 or 16 players.

Greg Hastings is also a decent game, but not enough people on it. Same with Tony Hawk.

Not much else that is fun to play.

Edited by jmac3 - 16 September 2007 at 6:47pm
Que pasa?

High Voltage View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Fire in the disco

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote High Voltage Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 September 2007 at 7:02pm
But it doesn't have l33t graphics. That's the only important aspect of the game, right?
Horsepower View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
Warning: Fail is closer than it seems!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Horsepower Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 September 2007 at 10:14pm
Originally posted by jmac3 jmac3 wrote:

Originally posted by choopie911 choopie911 wrote:

EA games are all the same user name if I remember correctly.

That does make it suck.

Socom is pretty much the only online game where you could get a decent amount of play time. There is always people on there. Combined Assault is the newest, therefore it will have the most people.

Socom really never lagged that bad for, and it's pretty fun. I forget if it's 32 or 16 players.

Greg Hastings is also a decent game, but not enough people on it. Same with Tony Hawk.

Not much else that is fun to play.

Socom used to be a total of 16 in a game, now its 16 per team,a whopping 32 people per game.

Come Get Some !
pb125 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
1 language strike, 10/15

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pb125 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 September 2007 at 2:01am
Idk if ps3 online is the same as ps2,  but so far I've been more than happy with the ps3's online capabilities.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic