Tippmann Pneumatics Inc. Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

OMG CCW!!11

 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 45678 10>
Author
evillepaintball View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Avatar
Not sexy - only dangerous to self

Joined: 08 March 2005
Location: United States
Status: Online
Points: 4927
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote evillepaintball Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 September 2007 at 5:08pm
Originally posted by stratoaxe stratoaxe wrote:


 There is little reason to carry a handgun on you in most places



small penis?
Back to Top
Dune View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Avatar
<placeholder>

Joined: 05 February 2004
Status: Offline
Points: 4347
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dune Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 September 2007 at 5:08pm
Originally posted by Nuclear Nuclear wrote:

Originally posted by stratoaxe stratoaxe wrote:

Originally posted by carl_the_sniper carl_the_sniper wrote:

Ok, I've never had any problem with the ccw in comparison to not having a ccw.

I noticed that this arguement has changed direction drastically. My origional point was that in Canada, I have no reason to carry a handgun on me and that makes me happy.

lol...it's a little offtrack. To your original point-I feel no less safe without a handgun. It's a right that I defend, but one that I'll rarely excercise. There is little reason to carry a handgun on you in most places (read:most).



when your in downtown Detroit, you want a gun.Same goes for up north and such, personally i wouldn't carry everyday all overt with me, only if i planned to go somewhere, i don't think its really smart to ALWAYS carry.

I've been all through Detroit, and no...I don't feel like I need a gun, because I don't let overgeneralizations scare me.



Edited by Dune - 06 September 2007 at 5:09pm
Back to Top
little devil View Drop Down
Member
Member
Avatar
one language strike, 2/23/10

Joined: 29 June 2006
Location: Canada
Status: Offline
Points: 981
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote little devil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 September 2007 at 5:09pm
Originally posted by carl_the_sniper carl_the_sniper wrote:

Ok, I've never had any problem with the ccw in comparison to not having a ccw.

I noticed that this arguement has changed direction drastically. My origional point was that in Canada, I have no reason to carry a handgun on me and that makes me happy.
Same here, im glad i've never had to "defend myself" with a gun. What would have to happen for you to defend yourself with a gun? Get one pulled on you?
Back to Top
Nuclear View Drop Down
Member
Member
Avatar
Guested 9/6 Racial Slur

Joined: 12 August 2007
Location: United States
Status: Offline
Points: 846
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nuclear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 September 2007 at 5:10pm
Originally posted by Dune Dune wrote:

Originally posted by Nuclear Nuclear wrote:

Originally posted by stratoaxe stratoaxe wrote:

Originally posted by carl_the_sniper carl_the_sniper wrote:

Ok, I've never had any problem with the ccw in comparison to not having a ccw.

I noticed that this arguement has changed direction drastically. My origional point was that in Canada, I have no reason to carry a handgun on me and that makes me happy.

lol...it's a little offtrack. To your original point-I feel no less safe without a handgun. It's a right that I defend, but one that I'll rarely excercise. There is little reason to carry a handgun on you in most places (read:most).



when your in downtown Detroit, you want a gun.Same goes for up north and such, personally i wouldn't carry everyday all overt with me, only if i planned to go somewhere, i don't think its really smart to ALWAYS carry.

I've been all through Detroit, and no...I don't feel like I need a gun, because I don't let overgeneralizations scare me.



Having been through there is not enough, you have to have lived in the area, and know the place, a lot of people think its overrated for crime, but its not. Especially at night.
Back to Top
BradNowell View Drop Down
Member
Member
Avatar
Not sensitive to others needs

Joined: 30 July 2004
Status: Offline
Points: 522
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BradNowell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 September 2007 at 5:11pm
Originally posted by Dune Dune wrote:

Originally posted by Nuclear Nuclear wrote:

Originally posted by stratoaxe stratoaxe wrote:

Originally posted by carl_the_sniper carl_the_sniper wrote:

Ok, I've never had any problem with the ccw in comparison to not having a ccw.

I noticed that this arguement has changed direction drastically. My origional point was that in Canada, I have no reason to carry a handgun on me and that makes me happy.

lol...it's a little offtrack. To your original point-I feel no less safe without a handgun. It's a right that I defend, but one that I'll rarely excercise. There is little reason to carry a handgun on you in most places (read:most).



when your in downtown Detroit, you want a gun.Same goes for up north and such, personally i wouldn't carry everyday all overt with me, only if i planned to go somewhere, i don't think its really smart to ALWAYS carry.

I've been all through Detroit, and no...I don't feel like I need a gun, because I don't let overgeneralizations scare me.



 I think if you bring a gun into bad areas you are asking for violence.
"When I travel through mountainous areas or places of questionable hillbilly population, I usually keep a gun in the vehicle"

-Da Hui
Back to Top
stratoaxe View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Avatar
And my axe...

Joined: 21 May 2005
Location: United States
Status: Offline
Points: 6831
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stratoaxe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 September 2007 at 5:11pm
Originally posted by evillepaintball evillepaintball wrote:

Originally posted by stratoaxe stratoaxe wrote:


 There is little reason to carry a handgun on you in most places



small penis?

The desert eagle-the ultimate compensator.

Back to Top
BradNowell View Drop Down
Member
Member
Avatar
Not sensitive to others needs

Joined: 30 July 2004
Status: Offline
Points: 522
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BradNowell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 September 2007 at 5:12pm
Originally posted by stratoaxe stratoaxe wrote:




 Brutal
"When I travel through mountainous areas or places of questionable hillbilly population, I usually keep a gun in the vehicle"

-Da Hui
Back to Top
Nuclear View Drop Down
Member
Member
Avatar
Guested 9/6 Racial Slur

Joined: 12 August 2007
Location: United States
Status: Offline
Points: 846
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nuclear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 September 2007 at 5:13pm
Originally posted by little devil little devil wrote:

Originally posted by carl_the_sniper carl_the_sniper wrote:

Ok, I've never had any problem with the ccw in comparison to not having a ccw.

I noticed that this arguement has changed direction drastically. My origional point was that in Canada, I have no reason to carry a handgun on me and that makes me happy.
Same here, im glad i've never had to "defend myself" with a gun. What would have to happen for you to defend yourself with a gun? Get one pulled on you?


A clearly deranged person running at you with a crowbar or something of the likes or a knife.

But you don't just pull the gun and go bam, if you have time(you should make time) And you think they intend to hurt you, announce you have a gun, if they continue, show the gun, make sure you tell them you will use it, if it continues, maybe put a round into the ground, if they continue and are close, shoot them.

Don't just be like : OMGZ BANG BANG
Back to Top
little devil View Drop Down
Member
Member
Avatar
one language strike, 2/23/10

Joined: 29 June 2006
Location: Canada
Status: Offline
Points: 981
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote little devil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 September 2007 at 5:17pm
Originally posted by Nuclear Nuclear wrote:

Originally posted by little devil little devil wrote:

Originally posted by carl_the_sniper carl_the_sniper wrote:

Ok, I've never had any problem with the ccw in comparison to not having a ccw.

I noticed that this arguement has changed direction drastically. My origional point was that in Canada, I have no reason to carry a handgun on me and that makes me happy.
Same here, im glad i've never had to "defend myself" with a gun. What would have to happen for you to defend yourself with a gun? Get one pulled on you?


A clearly deranged person running at you with a crowbar or something of the likes or a knife.

But you don't just pull the gun and go bam, if you have time(you should make time) And you think they intend to hurt you, announce you have a gun, if they continue, show the gun, make sure you tell them you will use it, if it continues, maybe put a round into the ground, if they continue and are close, shoot them.

Don't just be like : OMGZ BANG BANG
do u get people running at you with crowbars and knives all the time?
Back to Top
stratoaxe View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Avatar
And my axe...

Joined: 21 May 2005
Location: United States
Status: Offline
Points: 6831
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stratoaxe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 September 2007 at 5:18pm

Originally posted by Nuclear Nuclear wrote:

Originally posted by little devil little devil wrote:

Originally posted by carl_the_sniper carl_the_sniper wrote:

Ok, I've never had any problem with the ccw in comparison to not having a ccw.

I noticed that this arguement has changed direction drastically. My origional point was that in Canada, I have no reason to carry a handgun on me and that makes me happy.
Same here, im glad i've never had to "defend myself" with a gun. What would have to happen for you to defend yourself with a gun? Get one pulled on you?


A clearly deranged person running at you with a crowbar or something of the likes or a knife.

But you don't just pull the gun and go bam, if you have time(you should make time) And you think they intend to hurt you, announce you have a gun, if they continue, show the gun, make sure you tell them you will use it, if it continues, maybe put a round into the ground, if they continue and are close, shoot them.

Don't just be like : OMGZ BANG BANG

Wow...just wow...

This is what I meant in my long ass rant I posted a page earlier. You never pull a gun unless you're going to use it. Never.

And you for sure don't "put a round into the ground". If someone comes at you with a knife/and weapon, that's a situation where you make the on the spot judgement and make a firm decision. My belief has always been when the gun comes out, I pull the trigger. If I'm not sure the trigger needs to be pulled, the gun doesn't come out. Once you pull a gun with a case of indecision, you immediately endanger yourself and everyone around you.

In a high capacity pistol like mine, you have about 16 rounds. If someone takes that gun from you while you're making up your mind, you probably just died, and likely just killed a few other people, likely including officer.

Back to Top
Dune View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Avatar
<placeholder>

Joined: 05 February 2004
Status: Offline
Points: 4347
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dune Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 September 2007 at 5:20pm
Originally posted by Nuclear Nuclear wrote:

Originally posted by Dune Dune wrote:

Originally posted by Nuclear Nuclear wrote:

Originally posted by stratoaxe stratoaxe wrote:

Originally posted by carl_the_sniper carl_the_sniper wrote:

Ok, I've never had any problem with the ccw in comparison to not having a ccw.

I noticed that this arguement has changed direction drastically. My origional point was that in Canada, I have no reason to carry a handgun on me and that makes me happy.

lol...it's a little offtrack. To your original point-I feel no less safe without a handgun. It's a right that I defend, but one that I'll rarely excercise. There is little reason to carry a handgun on you in most places (read:most).



when your in downtown Detroit, you want a gun.Same goes for up north and such, personally i wouldn't carry everyday all overt with me, only if i planned to go somewhere, i don't think its really smart to ALWAYS carry.

I've been all through Detroit, and no...I don't feel like I need a gun, because I don't let overgeneralizations scare me.



Having been through there is not enough, you have to have lived in the area, and know the place, a lot of people think its overrated for crime, but its not. Especially at night.

Okay, let me rephrase that. After living in Detroit and spending enough time there to "qualify" me to speak on the topic. I still do not feel like I need a gun to go through it. I've felt threatened in smaller places than that, and I don't think by bringing a gun into the city, especially someone who has just a class under their belt, it's a wise decision.

Back to Top
Nuclear View Drop Down
Member
Member
Avatar
Guested 9/6 Racial Slur

Joined: 12 August 2007
Location: United States
Status: Offline
Points: 846
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nuclear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 September 2007 at 5:20pm
Originally posted by stratoaxe stratoaxe wrote:

Originally posted by Nuclear Nuclear wrote:

Originally posted by little devil little devil wrote:

Originally posted by carl_the_sniper carl_the_sniper wrote:

Ok, I've never had any problem with the ccw in comparison to not having a ccw.

I noticed that this arguement has changed direction drastically. My origional point was that in Canada, I have no reason to carry a handgun on me and that makes me happy.
Same here, im glad i've never had to "defend myself" with a gun. What would have to happen for you to defend yourself with a gun? Get one pulled on you?


A clearly deranged person running at you with a crowbar or something of the likes or a knife.

But you don't just pull the gun and go bam, if you have time(you should make time) And you think they intend to hurt you, announce you have a gun, if they continue, show the gun, make sure you tell them you will use it, if it continues, maybe put a round into the ground, if they continue and are close, shoot them.

Don't just be like : OMGZ BANG BANG

Wow...just wow...

This is what I meant in my long ass rant I posted a page earlier. You never pull a gun unless you're going to use it. Never.

And you for sure don't "put a round into the ground". If someone comes at you with a knife/and weapon, that's a situation where you make the on the spot judgement and make a firm decision. My belief has always been when the gun comes out, I pull the trigger. If I'm not sure the trigger needs to be pulled, the gun doesn't come out. Once you pull a gun with a case of indecision, you immediately endanger yourself and everyone around you.

In a high capacity pistol like mine, you have about 16 rounds. If someone takes that gun from you while you're making up your mind, you probably just died, and likely just killed a few other people, likely including officer.



Actually hearing / seeing that you aren't afraid to use the gun could make them think twice.
Back to Top
little devil View Drop Down
Member
Member
Avatar
one language strike, 2/23/10

Joined: 29 June 2006
Location: Canada
Status: Offline
Points: 981
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote little devil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 September 2007 at 5:21pm
how many times can you lives be endangered to think its a good idea to carry like really, if i was that scared to walk around without a gun i would get my ass outta there
Back to Top
Dune View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Avatar
<placeholder>

Joined: 05 February 2004
Status: Offline
Points: 4347
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dune Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 September 2007 at 5:21pm
^^(To Nuclear's Post) That is not valid evidence. There is conflicting arguments on the deterrent effects of guns.

Edited by Dune - 06 September 2007 at 5:22pm
Back to Top
BradNowell View Drop Down
Member
Member
Avatar
Not sensitive to others needs

Joined: 30 July 2004
Status: Offline
Points: 522
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BradNowell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 September 2007 at 5:22pm
Originally posted by Nuclear Nuclear wrote:

Originally posted by stratoaxe stratoaxe wrote:

Originally posted by Nuclear Nuclear wrote:

Originally posted by little devil little devil wrote:

Originally posted by carl_the_sniper carl_the_sniper wrote:

Ok, I've never had any problem with the ccw in comparison to not having a ccw.

I noticed that this arguement has changed direction drastically. My origional point was that in Canada, I have no reason to carry a handgun on me and that makes me happy.
Same here, im glad i've never had to "defend myself" with a gun. What would have to happen for you to defend yourself with a gun? Get one pulled on you?


A clearly deranged person running at you with a crowbar or something of the likes or a knife.

But you don't just pull the gun and go bam, if you have time(you should make time) And you think they intend to hurt you, announce you have a gun, if they continue, show the gun, make sure you tell them you will use it, if it continues, maybe put a round into the ground, if they continue and are close, shoot them.

Don't just be like : OMGZ BANG BANG

Wow...just wow...

This is what I meant in my long ass rant I posted a page earlier. You never pull a gun unless you're going to use it. Never.

And you for sure don't "put a round into the ground". If someone comes at you with a knife/and weapon, that's a situation where you make the on the spot judgement and make a firm decision. My belief has always been when the gun comes out, I pull the trigger. If I'm not sure the trigger needs to be pulled, the gun doesn't come out. Once you pull a gun with a case of indecision, you immediately endanger yourself and everyone around you.

In a high capacity pistol like mine, you have about 16 rounds. If someone takes that gun from you while you're making up your mind, you probably just died, and likely just killed a few other people, likely including officer.



Actually hearing / seeing that you aren't afraid to use the gun could make them think twice.


 and then when you hesitate to fire they might think again.
"When I travel through mountainous areas or places of questionable hillbilly population, I usually keep a gun in the vehicle"

-Da Hui
Back to Top
Nuclear View Drop Down
Member
Member
Avatar
Guested 9/6 Racial Slur

Joined: 12 August 2007
Location: United States
Status: Offline
Points: 846
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nuclear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 September 2007 at 5:22pm
Originally posted by Dune Dune wrote:

Originally posted by Nuclear Nuclear wrote:

Originally posted by Dune Dune wrote:

Originally posted by Nuclear Nuclear wrote:

Originally posted by stratoaxe stratoaxe wrote:

Originally posted by carl_the_sniper carl_the_sniper wrote:

Ok, I've never had any problem with the ccw in comparison to not having a ccw.

I noticed that this arguement has changed direction drastically. My origional point was that in Canada, I have no reason to carry a handgun on me and that makes me happy.

lol...it's a little offtrack. To your original point-I feel no less safe without a handgun. It's a right that I defend, but one that I'll rarely excercise. There is little reason to carry a handgun on you in most places (read:most).



when your in downtown Detroit, you want a gun.Same goes for up north and such, personally i wouldn't carry everyday all overt with me, only if i planned to go somewhere, i don't think its really smart to ALWAYS carry.

I've been all through Detroit, and no...I don't feel like I need a gun, because I don't let overgeneralizations scare me.



Having been through there is not enough, you have to have lived in the area, and know the place, a lot of people think its overrated for crime, but its not. Especially at night.

Okay, let me rephrase that. After living in Detroit and spending enough time there to "qualify" me to speak on the topic. I still do not feel like I need a gun to go through it. I've felt threatened in smaller places than that, and I don't think by bringing a gun into the city, especially someone who has just a class under their belt, it's a wise decision.



I'm talking about people who have been shooting their entire life, and gone to classes other than just the CCW training, theres a good combat pistol shooting course many places have, 3 days , 700 rounds.
Back to Top
Nuclear View Drop Down
Member
Member
Avatar
Guested 9/6 Racial Slur

Joined: 12 August 2007
Location: United States
Status: Offline
Points: 846
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nuclear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 September 2007 at 5:24pm
Originally posted by BradNowell BradNowell wrote:

Originally posted by Nuclear Nuclear wrote:

Originally posted by stratoaxe stratoaxe wrote:

Originally posted by Nuclear Nuclear wrote:

Originally posted by little devil little devil wrote:

Originally posted by carl_the_sniper carl_the_sniper wrote:

Ok, I've never had any problem with the ccw in comparison to not having a ccw.

I noticed that this arguement has changed direction drastically. My origional point was that in Canada, I have no reason to carry a handgun on me and that makes me happy.
Same here, im glad i've never had to "defend myself" with a gun. What would have to happen for you to defend yourself with a gun? Get one pulled on you?


A clearly deranged person running at you with a crowbar or something of the likes or a knife.

But you don't just pull the gun and go bam, if you have time(you should make time) And you think they intend to hurt you, announce you have a gun, if they continue, show the gun, make sure you tell them you will use it, if it continues, maybe put a round into the ground, if they continue and are close, shoot them.

Don't just be like : OMGZ BANG BANG

Wow...just wow...

This is what I meant in my long ass rant I posted a page earlier. You never pull a gun unless you're going to use it. Never.

And you for sure don't "put a round into the ground". If someone comes at you with a knife/and weapon, that's a situation where you make the on the spot judgement and make a firm decision. My belief has always been when the gun comes out, I pull the trigger. If I'm not sure the trigger needs to be pulled, the gun doesn't come out. Once you pull a gun with a case of indecision, you immediately endanger yourself and everyone around you.

In a high capacity pistol like mine, you have about 16 rounds. If someone takes that gun from you while you're making up your mind, you probably just died, and likely just killed a few other people, likely including officer.



Actually hearing / seeing that you aren't afraid to use the gun could make them think twice.


 and then when you hesitate to fire they might think again.



how does that show hesitation.
Back to Top
Dune View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Avatar
<placeholder>

Joined: 05 February 2004
Status: Offline
Points: 4347
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dune Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 September 2007 at 5:25pm
Originally posted by Nuclear Nuclear wrote:

Originally posted by Dune Dune wrote:

Originally posted by Nuclear Nuclear wrote:

Originally posted by Dune Dune wrote:

Originally posted by Nuclear Nuclear wrote:

Originally posted by stratoaxe stratoaxe wrote:

Originally posted by carl_the_sniper carl_the_sniper wrote:

Ok, I've never had any problem with the ccw in comparison to not having a ccw.

I noticed that this arguement has changed direction drastically. My origional point was that in Canada, I have no reason to carry a handgun on me and that makes me happy.

lol...it's a little offtrack. To your original point-I feel no less safe without a handgun. It's a right that I defend, but one that I'll rarely excercise. There is little reason to carry a handgun on you in most places (read:most).



when your in downtown Detroit, you want a gun.Same goes for up north and such, personally i wouldn't carry everyday all overt with me, only if i planned to go somewhere, i don't think its really smart to ALWAYS carry.

I've been all through Detroit, and no...I don't feel like I need a gun, because I don't let overgeneralizations scare me.



Having been through there is not enough, you have to have lived in the area, and know the place, a lot of people think its overrated for crime, but its not. Especially at night.

Okay, let me rephrase that. After living in Detroit and spending enough time there to "qualify" me to speak on the topic. I still do not feel like I need a gun to go through it. I've felt threatened in smaller places than that, and I don't think by bringing a gun into the city, especially someone who has just a class under their belt, it's a wise decision.



I'm talking about people who have been shooting their entire life, and gone to classes other than just the CCW training, theres a good combat pistol shooting course many places have, 3 days , 700 rounds.

Okay, so minus that 5% of the pistol carrying population, the rest I have very little confidence in.

Back to Top
stratoaxe View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Avatar
And my axe...

Joined: 21 May 2005
Location: United States
Status: Offline
Points: 6831
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stratoaxe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 September 2007 at 5:26pm

Addressing your argument-

If a person is going to stop coming at you, they will stop when the gun comes out. At that point, if they retreat you immediately find an officer and report the incident.

However, again, if they don't stop when you pull the gun, then no words you say are going to deter them. You then pull the trigger, and don't stop until they hit the ground.

It seems that hollywood has really glamourized what is in essence murder to save your own life. There are no Mexican standoffs in real life, there are no holding the gun to each other's heads trying to talk the other person down. When a gun comes out, generally one person dies.

 

Back to Top
carl_the_sniper View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Avatar
Strike 1 - 7/29, Bad Linky

Joined: 08 April 2006
Location: Canada
Status: Offline
Points: 11259
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote carl_the_sniper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 September 2007 at 5:27pm
Originally posted by Nuclear Nuclear wrote:


Originally posted by stratoaxe stratoaxe wrote:

Originally posted by Nuclear Nuclear wrote:

Originally posted by little devil little devil wrote:

Originally posted by carl_the_sniper carl_the_sniper wrote:

Ok, I've never had any problem with the ccw in comparison to not having a ccw. I noticed that this arguement has changed direction drastically. My origional point was that in Canada, I have no reason to carry a handgun on me and that makes me happy.
Same here, im glad i've never had to "defend myself" with a gun. What would have to happen for you to defend yourself with a gun? Get one pulled on you?
A clearly deranged person running at you with a crowbar or something of the likes or a knife.But you don't just pull the gun and go bam, if you have time(you should make time) And you think they intend to hurt you, announce you have a gun, if they continue, show the gun, make sure you tell them you will use it, if it continues, maybe put a round into the ground, if they continue and are close, shoot them.Don't just be like : OMGZ BANG BANG


Wow...just wow...


This is what I meant in my long ass rant I posted a page earlier. You never pull a gun unless you're going to use it. Never.


And you for sure don't "put a round into the ground". If someone comes at you with a knife/and weapon, that's a situation where you make the on the spot judgement and make a firm decision. My belief has always been when the gun comes out, I pull the trigger. If I'm not sure the trigger needs to be pulled, the gun doesn't come out. Once you pull a gun with a case of indecision, you immediately endanger yourself and everyone around you.


In a high capacity pistol like mine, you have about 16 rounds. If someone takes that gun from you while you're making up your mind, you probably just died, and likely just killed a few other people, likely including officer.

Actually hearing / seeing that you aren't afraid to use the gun could make them think twice.

Are you serious?
I honestly hope you don't have a ccw because if so, the lessons didn't do you any good.
<just say no to unnecessarily sexualized sigs>
Back to Top
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 45678 10>
  Share Topic   

Forum Jump Forum Permissions View Drop Down

Forum Software by Web Wiz Forums® version 10.03

This page was generated in 0.187 seconds.