Tippmann Pneumatics Inc. Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Huge leak on tippy Regulator!!

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
130mphwheelie View Drop Down

Strike 1 - Language, 8/22

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 130mphwheelie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Huge leak on tippy Regulator!!
    Posted: 26 August 2007 at 5:42pm

Ok so I took my gun apart a few times this weekend painting it and polishing the internals, I went out to sight my red dot in some more and when I hooked the Air tank up It blows full blast out of the lil relase vent on the side of the regulator. It has never done that b4 except when I take the tank off it relases a lil bit of air thru it untill the valve is fully closed, I have no idea how to post pics so I will tell ya what I can.

98 Custom

Titanium hammer

Madd dog spring kit

Rear velocity adjuster

Fire bolt front bolt

polished internals

Expansion chamber

drop forward

Tippmann Pro bottom line regulator

Lapco Big shot barrel

It seams like there is something "shut off" inside the gun and makes all the air blow out the lil release hole in the regulator. The gun is un cocked, the rear velocity adj was taken all the way back, the regulator was cranked all the way down. Im just not sure what the heck to do next. Please help oh mighty tippmann gods!!

Edited by 130mphwheelie - 26 August 2007 at 5:44pm
Party like a Rock Star,
Play like an All Star,
<nope>

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 130mphwheelie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 August 2007 at 10:53pm
'][' '][' ']['
Party like a Rock Star,
Play like an All Star,
<nope>

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 130mphwheelie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 August 2007 at 6:37pm
could it be the o ring on the tank could be bad? I mean would it be visable? if it was?
Party like a Rock Star,
Play like an All Star,
<nope>
Enos Shenk View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
~-o@

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Enos Shenk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 August 2007 at 9:27pm
Regulators are pretty difficult to take apart and clean, hence why most of them are designed so they dont need regular maintenance.

I would try this first. Do the old standby, take off the barrel, drip 3 or 4 drops of gun oil in the air hole in the ASA, put the tank on. If it isnt totally shot, it will lube up the reg seat at least, sometimes that will fix sealing problems.

If not, and you feel comfortable taking apart the reg (Ive never broken down a tippmann reg, but theyre all pretty tricky), I can give you a few pointers of what to check.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 130mphwheelie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 August 2007 at 8:01pm
the damn thing is brand new!! lol I havent shot 10 balls thru it yet.
Party like a Rock Star,
Play like an All Star,
<nope>
RoboCop View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Aw man, my butt is rusted...

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RoboCop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 August 2007 at 8:57pm
The gun is supposed to be cocked before putting the tank on. Does the valve to the tank look messed up? Is the o-ring on the tank valve shredded?

SandMan:"oh yeah, sporx is totally hot"
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic