Tippmann Pneumatics Inc. Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

My X7 went full auto without the eGrip!

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
ILuvSailorVENUS View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ILuvSailorVENUS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: My X7 went full auto without the eGrip!
    Posted: 25 August 2007 at 9:10pm

Can someone tell me what's wrong with my X7?  I have only played with it once so far and put it on haitus until I had upgraded.  I haven't done anything to the insides and only added aesthetic things such as a scope, stock, a new barrel, a carry handle, foregrip and a sling.  I don't have a R/T or an eGrip.

Just 10 minutes ago, I decided to shoot around with my X7 in my backyard and had attached the CO tank.  I always take it off if I'm not using it.

Well, after a shot or two, I decided it was too loud since the sun had already gone down and houses here are so close together.  I didn't want people complaining.  So here I am, about to unshoulder my X7 when all of a sudden.  PRRRRRRRRRRRRR!!!!!!  It sounded like a good 30 shots before it stopped on it's own.  I wasn't even touching the trigger when it went off!  It was definately a good 20+ bps.

I went for the safety and was shocked to see that the safety was ON.  I started getting scared because I knew that I had to remove the CO2 tank.  I started to twist off the tanks and a huge amount of gas was escaping so I decided to twist a little faster to save some gas.  Once the tank was just about unscrewed, an enormous explosion of gas went off and sent my NEW O-ring, which I had ordered online, flying to God knows where.  There was no way I'd find it in the grass in the dark so looks like my X7 is once again out of commission until I get a new o ring.

What could have caused this?  I had accidentally put 5 or so drops of oil in the tank valve where my o ring was.  Could that have been it?

Oh I also forgot to mention that I had increased the flow of gas by turning the screw about half a turn but that shouldn't be that bad.  I was at 246 fps when I last checked it and half a turn shouldn't even have brought it to 300 fps.  Can someone help me?

EDIT:  Also forgot to mention that I didn't uncock the gun when I went to remove the tank.  I was afraid it might for full auto crazy again.  Luckily I had removed all the balls prior to the gun going crazy.

Edited by ILuvSailorVENUS - 25 August 2007 at 9:21pm
"You better watch who you're calling a child Lois. Because if I'm a child, do you know what that makes you? A pedophile. And I'll be damned if I'm gonna stand here and be lectured by a pervert." Peter
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic