Tippmann Pneumatics Inc. Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

X7 Egrip and Double Trigger

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
broken_man View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote broken_man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: X7 Egrip and Double Trigger
    Posted: 22 August 2007 at 7:46am
So, I recently acquired the X7 e-trigger and it rocks. So, simply for looks (obviously not performance) I bought the double trigger kit which is supposed to work with the e-trigger. I did everything the way the instructions said but the trigger would not work.

I then started comparing the two triggers because the original obviously worked fine. I then discovered that the double trigger has more of a curve to it thus placing the magnet too far away to activate the trigger. I thought about drilling the 2nd hole in the trigger slightly larger so that it can depress more but I figured I'd see if anyone else has a better idea.

Has anyone experienced this problem as well?
::SaM::
xXLoganXx View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote xXLoganXx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 August 2007 at 7:29am

Broken_man...

I've experienced the same exact thing. Stayed up to 1am the other morning trying to figure it out. I thought the pressure from the trigger guard not fitting right had something to do with it, but tried installing without it and still no luck!! Did you come up with anything yet? I wanted to get this thing running by next weekend...!

broken_man View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote broken_man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 August 2007 at 11:25pm
Yes actually. I sanded down the trigger nub that keeps the gun from firing when safety is on just a bit, and i sanded the back of the trigger where it meets the grip of the gun. It seems to work but it's still not as responsive as I'd like it to be.

I'm going to try drilling another hole for the 2 trigger plate pins to set the whole trigger back 2 mm or so. I think this will allow the trigger to be alot more responsive since the magnet that causes the solenoid to function will be closer. I've noticed the hole for that magnet on the double trigger and single trigger are just slightly different which is what causes the problem to begin with (thanks tippmann).

The only difficulty I see in this move is getting the safety and trigger spring to still work correctly since they will be slightly off. I'll let you know how it goes. Maybe even take pictures of it when I'm done. So far however, it works when the trigger is practically fully depressed. I can live with that, but I'd rather have a nice hair trigger effect if possible. The worst that can happen is I have to put the old trigger back on.
::SaM::
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic