Tippmann Pneumatics Inc. Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

X7 GAS HOG

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
truggy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote truggy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: X7 GAS HOG
    Posted: 20 August 2007 at 12:38pm

Allright, is the X7 an Air Hog? I played this weekend with my team and it seems I was refilling more than ever. I run a 72/3000 compressed air tank. How can I make my marker a little more air efficient.

TheWrAith View Drop Down
Strike one, swearing

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TheWrAith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 August 2007 at 1:46pm

Polish the internals, it may help, maybe buy a regulator.

I have not noticed my X7 being to much of a gas hog, atleast compared to my A5, it uses about the same, you could buy a remote line.

Edited by TheWrAith - 20 August 2007 at 1:47pm
truggy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote truggy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 August 2007 at 4:54pm

I am using a remote line right now, when you say polish the internals, do you mean take the marker apart  and polish which parts? Should I use an specific kind of wax? I know these might sound like very dumb questions to some of you but I just want to be clear.

Truggy 

Jason Doering View Drop Down

Guested - Language

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jason Doering Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 August 2007 at 2:03am
umm what u do is take apart the gun take all the internal pats out of the 2 halfs then u fill up a sink with water and soap and get a sponge and with the rough side polish were the internal part are and move until its a nice chrome shine... then dry 2 halfs then get some wd 40 or 5 way and spray on cloth and wipe on were u polished to remove any left over dirt and to lube were internal parts move...then put back together and u will probly need to turn down the velosity quite a bit! and this could take some time...but its well worth it...there are other methods of doing it like u can use sand paper.

Edited by Jason Doering - 24 August 2007 at 2:06am
RoboCop View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Aw man, my butt is rusted...

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RoboCop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 August 2007 at 12:47pm
Don't use polish, just get some steel wool and take off only the paint and make it all smooth for where there are moving parts. Clean it off with some water when your done and dry it off then put the gun back together.

SandMan:"oh yeah, sporx is totally hot"
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic