FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Best Invention

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 456
Author
Skillet42565 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Actuarry itís Skirret

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Skillet42565 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 August 2007 at 10:55pm
Originally posted by Nuclear Nuclear wrote:

Originally posted by WGP guy2 WGP guy2 wrote:

Originally posted by Ticalxx421 Ticalxx421 wrote:

yeah im in befor it locks to, and bendover gets guested

I'd personally prefer an IP ban.  Nuclear can go too.

We get it, you don't like me.
lul planez
WGP guy2 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
I play the Bag Pipes

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WGP guy2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 August 2007 at 10:56pm

We get it, the majority of the forum doesn't like me.

Fixed.
Nuclear View Drop Down
Guested 9/6 Racial Slur

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nuclear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 August 2007 at 10:58pm
Originally posted by WGP guy2 WGP guy2 wrote:

We get it, the majority of the forum doesn't like me.

Fixed.

Lighten up...

Did you get those new AVIATORS yet?
Ticalxx421 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
guested. Doesnít learn.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ticalxx421 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 August 2007 at 10:58pm
This went From a Best Invention thread, to a I am against gay marrige thread(not me), a religeon thread, back to a gay marrige thread and finaly onwards to another argument.
[IMG]http://i14.tinypic.com/73e0l8j.jpg">
     Represent!
Skillet42565 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Actuarry itís Skirret

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Skillet42565 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 August 2007 at 11:03pm
Typical T&O.
Tolgak View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Master of MSPaint and bri's Daddy

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tolgak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 August 2007 at 11:05pm
Originally posted by Da Hui Da Hui wrote:

/waits for the Atheists to crawl from the woodwork.

*Emerges from woodwork.*

Originally posted by Dye Playa Dye Playa wrote:

...but marriage is iffy since it's the church.

Herein lies the problem...

People say "church" like it's an all encompassing term for religion. It implies that religion = monotheistic Judeo-Christian belief. You may not think of it that way, but you didn't just say "religion" either.

Remember that marriage wasn't invented by Christianity, or Judaism or any other religions. It was a result of societal evolution at the point when having committed partners was doing more to benefit us as a species. Without adding religion to the process, marriage is simply a contractual monogamous relationship.

Monogamy means "one partner per relationship", not "one opposite-sex partner per relationship."

Because it's illegal by the constitution to govern on the basis of religion, marriage MUST be looked upon by its non-religious definition; again, a "contractual monogamous relationship."

The government knows it cannot legally hold-back same-sex marriage, but proceeds to anyway under the guise of democracy.

And no, civil unions are not the same thing. Besides governing the religious context of the relationship, forcing homosexuals out of the right to call it marriage is simply degradation and intimidation ("you will never be equal to us straight people").

But, the religious folk and homophobes (sort of a synonym these days, don'cha think?) have another trick up their sleeves. They call it "unnatural."

What else is not considered a disorder but has the same rate of occurrence as homosexuality?

Left-Handedness
An AB- Bloodtype
Various bodily control not common to all people (wiggling ears and whatnot)

These are only a few of the many (my google-fu is week), but you should get my point.

"But you can choose to be straight!", they cry.

WRONG! Look it up, I don't need to do it for you. Try to find ONE site that makes this claim and doesn't have some sort of connection to republicans or religious fundamentalism. You can't. Ok, it's possible in SOME people to choose homosexuality or bisexuality. That doesn't mean all people can choose their orientation. In fact, the majority probably can't without feeling extremely uncomfortable in their lives.

All this discrimination is simply born out of hate. A good majority of that hate is justified by religion. Both are illegal principals to govern by, and therefore the government should have no say in homosexual matters.

Besides, gay people are humans like straight people, black people, and non-Christians are. Nobody has any sort of right to hold them back, and anyone with an opposing opinion is a closed-minded prick.
Nuclear View Drop Down
Guested 9/6 Racial Slur

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nuclear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 August 2007 at 11:07pm
I really don't want to read all of that, so i read half and saved the rest for later.
WGP guy2 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
I play the Bag Pipes

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WGP guy2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 August 2007 at 11:11pm

I really don't want to read all of that, so i read half and saved the rest for later.

Thanks for sharing.

It would certainly benefit you to read all of it though.
Darur View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Stare directly into my avatar...

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Darur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 August 2007 at 1:24am
Originally posted by Tolgak Tolgak wrote:

Because it's illegal by the constitution to govern on the basis of religion

Erm, have to nitpick here.  The constitution only says " Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion".  The Supreme Court however gave us the "Separation of Church and State", which is equivalent to the constitution technically, except it can be overturned , and which isn't exactly the same as "Illegal to govern on the basis of religion". :)

Edited by Darur - 20 August 2007 at 1:25am
Real Men play Tuba

PH33R TEH 1337 Dwarf!
DONT CLICK ME!!1
Nuclear View Drop Down
Guested 9/6 Racial Slur

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nuclear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 August 2007 at 1:28am
So back on the topic of inventions.
jordanpischke View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jordanpischke Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 August 2007 at 1:49am

The toilet. I couldn't imagine crapping in the snow.

Nuclear View Drop Down
Guested 9/6 Racial Slur

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nuclear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 August 2007 at 1:52am
Originally posted by jordanpischke jordanpischke wrote:

I'm still gonna say toilet paper, sure you could crap outside, but what do you wipe with ?
jordanpischke View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jordanpischke Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 August 2007 at 1:57am

I'm still gonna say toilet paper, sure you could crap outside, but what do you wipe with ?

Ah touchť

BARREL BREAK View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Prettiest Princess in all the lands

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BARREL BREAK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 August 2007 at 3:53am

Leaf, towel, clean it with water...
Tolgak View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Master of MSPaint and bri's Daddy

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tolgak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 August 2007 at 9:26am
Originally posted by Darur Darur wrote:

Originally posted by Tolgak Tolgak wrote:

Because it's illegal by the constitution to govern on the basis of religion

Erm, have to nitpick here.  The constitution only says " Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion".  The Supreme Court however gave us the "Separation of Church and State", which is equivalent to the constitution technically, except it can be overturned , and which isn't exactly the same as "Illegal to govern on the basis of religion". :)

The statement in the Constitution means that there must be significant non-religious influence for every law created. You're right, it's not the exact same thing as what I said; my statement adds non-law decisions like going to war because a country has a different religious majority. But that's where the Supreme Court ruling kicks in.

I was wrong in pointing to just the Constitution, but I am still right that the making of laws and decisions with a significant or purely religious motivation is wrong and illegal due to those two statements.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 456
  Share Topic