Tippmann Pneumatics Inc. Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Umm i lost these pins do i need them??

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
gardy90 View Drop Down
Strike 1 - Filter Dodge, 4/14

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gardy90 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Umm i lost these pins do i need them??
    Posted: 22 August 2007 at 9:58pm
yea, i had my friends 98c apart to polish the internals and it DOES have two pins, one on top and one on bottom of the linkage arm, and NO its not an ACT
"FIRST THERE"

a-5
16" J&J ceramic
polished internals
X7 low profile hopper
costom painted 20 oz tank
jesseat956 View Drop Down
Guested - Language

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jesseat956 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 August 2007 at 3:20pm
^^^^ yea seriously my manual wasnt updated either
Monk View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Monk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 August 2007 at 2:29am
For some reason Tippmann Sports has been real D-bags lately, they havent been updating their manuals to show new changes.
/\ /\ \/ \/ < > < > B A START
Guested - Language

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jesseat956 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 August 2007 at 1:38am
^^^ oh ok cool thanx i guess it is a newer version
Monk View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Monk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 August 2007 at 12:51am
Originally posted by jesseat956 jesseat956 wrote:

ok yea but its not it has the pins in the same place where the linkage arm is but the arm isnt bent like the a.c.t 1, heres the a.c.t the pins are in the same place

http://www.tippmann.com/product_guide/actTechnology.aspx

You must have a newer version of the 98c without act, this will still have the pins, but without the act springs/linkage arm.

I do believe.
/\ /\ \/ \/ < > < > B A START
Guested - Language

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jesseat956 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 August 2007 at 12:06am
Originally posted by Bruce A. Frank Bruce A. Frank wrote:

OK, it appears that those pins provide the sliding contact points of the linkage rod. Watching the function animation, I would guess without them there that the linkage may not function after a while.

Easy to get replacements. Drill bits were suggested. TippmannParts, and I have bought slightly oversize pins from McMaster Carr to make a tighter fit on the trigger pivot.

Dude thanx man i thought the gun wasnt gonna work normally again or sumthing because it was missing them
Bruce A. Frank View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
KRL Reincarnated?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bruce A. Frank Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 August 2007 at 11:27pm

OK, it appears that those pins provide the sliding contact points of the linkage rod. Watching the function animation, I would guess without them there that the linkage may not function after a while.

Easy to get replacements. Drill bits were suggested. TippmannParts, and I have bought slightly oversize pins from McMaster Carr to make a tighter fit on the trigger pivot.

Guested - Language

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jesseat956 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 August 2007 at 11:11pm
ok yea but its not it has the pins in the same place where the linkage arm is but the arm isnt bent like the a.c.t 1, heres the a.c.t the pins are in the same place

http://www.tippmann.com/product_guide/actTechnology.aspx
uno187 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote uno187 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 August 2007 at 10:55pm
Got it you must have the ACT model which has a guide pin.

Don't see a diagram though.

http://www.tippmannparts.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=catalog.pr odInfo&productID=1062&categoryID=124
98 Custom Pro
E-grip
cp reg
cp on/off
custom drop
freak barrel kit
Ricochet Apache
68/4500 crossfire
fang trigger
macro line
low pressure kit
Guested - Language

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jesseat956 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 August 2007 at 10:53pm
ok thanx 
uno187 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote uno187 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 August 2007 at 10:51pm
It's cool.  I can't seem to find a pic with pins located on top by the linkage arm. Sorry. If I find something I'll post it.
98 Custom Pro
E-grip
cp reg
cp on/off
custom drop
freak barrel kit
Ricochet Apache
68/4500 crossfire
fang trigger
macro line
low pressure kit
Guested - Language

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jesseat956 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 August 2007 at 10:48pm
oh no its ok but i couldnt find a pic of my model so i just used that as a referance sry my fault 
uno187 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote uno187 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 August 2007 at 10:46pm
Sorry but that is the blown up pic of the same model gun in your pic above.  Just trying to help> I'll look for newer pic.
98 Custom Pro
E-grip
cp reg
cp on/off
custom drop
freak barrel kit
Ricochet Apache
68/4500 crossfire
fang trigger
macro line
low pressure kit
Guested - Language

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jesseat956 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 August 2007 at 10:40pm
Originally posted by uno187 uno187 wrote:

This is quite blown up but it shows you there are no pins on the top of the by the linkage arm.

http://www.tippmannparts.com/downloadFiles/98customdiagram2. jpg

ummm that model is diffrent, the sear is diffrent in my gun but there are pins that belong there, it is a 98 custom but i guess its diffrent cuz i just bought it a while back like 5-6 months ill try to put pics if i get my cuzs camera.

i dont know if u can see them here because the pic is too small

Edited by jesseat956 - 15 August 2007 at 10:45pm
uno187 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote uno187 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 August 2007 at 10:32pm
Are you talking about the 6 pins for the trigger and sear and spring?
All the 1's on the diagram. Those are definitely needed. If you lost them you can make you own from drill bit shafts.  Or order a parts kit from

http://www.tippmannparts.com
98 Custom Pro
E-grip
cp reg
cp on/off
custom drop
freak barrel kit
Ricochet Apache
68/4500 crossfire
fang trigger
macro line
low pressure kit
uno187 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote uno187 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 August 2007 at 10:26pm
This is quite blown up but it shows you there are no pins on the top of the by the linkage arm.

http://www.tippmannparts.com/downloadFiles/98customdiagram2. jpg
98 Custom Pro
E-grip
cp reg
cp on/off
custom drop
freak barrel kit
Ricochet Apache
68/4500 crossfire
fang trigger
macro line
low pressure kit
Guested - Language

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jesseat956 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 August 2007 at 10:22pm
yea there there if u open the gun u can see the slots where they go, i put them in a paper for safe keeping while i cleaned my gun but my cuzen through them away by accident along w/ the ball latch but i had an extra latch so that dont matter but i was worried maybe the pins were used for something

Edited by jesseat956 - 15 August 2007 at 10:24pm
RoboCop View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Aw man, my butt is rusted...

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RoboCop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 August 2007 at 10:05pm
There are pins there? I've never seen a pin at the top by the linkage arm.

SandMan:"oh yeah, sporx is totally hot"
Guested - Language

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jesseat956 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 August 2007 at 8:50pm
Any 1 know if these pins that are around the linkage arm neccesary??? cuz they kinda fell out and i lost them

This isnt the same as my gun, the sear on mine is diffrent so yea

Edited by jesseat956 - 15 August 2007 at 10:49pm
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic