Tippmann Pneumatics Inc. Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Hope this catches on...

 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 6789>
Author
Linus View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Avatar
Strike 1 - language 6.29.10

Joined: 10 November 2002
Location: United States
Status: Offline
Points: 7908
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Linus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 August 2007 at 1:37pm
Originally posted by High Voltage High Voltage wrote:

Linus, remind me again how a cop patting me down isn't a search? That one really threw me for a loop, considering it involves a person being physically checked for weapons, drugs, or other paraphenalia by a cop.


Here you go HV

Frisk is to search the outer garments for weapons.

Search is a full on search for everything in possession of the individual.


#3 and #4 mainly.

Edited by Linus - 15 August 2007 at 1:38pm

Back to Top
stratoaxe View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Avatar
And my axe...

Joined: 21 May 2005
Location: United States
Status: Offline
Points: 6831
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stratoaxe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 August 2007 at 1:37pm

Originally posted by usafpilot07 usafpilot07 wrote:

Originally posted by RoboCop RoboCop wrote:

I personally would rather not see someone's undergarments in public places. Their are kids around and they don't need to be influenced to have to wear their pants low enough where they can trip or have them soo loose that they have to hold them while they walk. Soon we might have kids walking around showing their tighty whities.


Shouldn't it be up to the parent's of those children to teach them what is right and wrong?  If you aren't more influential in your child's life than an image they see on the street, maybe you should reconsider your abilities to rear children.

I love this argument-dude, you realize by your definition of freedom of speech (or we'll say freedom of expression for now), what's wrong if I just want to rip it out and wank my girlfriend in front of the daycare? Your kids shouldn't be so easily influenced, right?

The streets belong to the public at whole. And like it or not, public streets are not the place to express your ass to the rest of the world.

Back to Top
High Voltage View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Avatar
Fire in the disco

Joined: 12 March 2003
Location: 127.0.0.1
Status: Offline
Points: 14179
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote High Voltage Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 August 2007 at 1:38pm
Originally posted by RoboCop RoboCop wrote:

Also, even though I hate watching MTV, on Run's house (an african american household) the mother told her son to not wear his hat sideways because he's not "some gangbanger." They aren't white people and they still associate certain clothing styles with gangs.

Originally posted by High Voltage High Voltage wrote:

Then maybe you shouldn't walk your kids near crack houses.
You don't have to walk anywhere near a crack house to see another man's undergarments. It's almost everywhere now.


It's a bird! It's a plane! No, wait, it's just a joke soaring over robocop's sharp wit. Or is it half wit.. I'll go with dim...
Back to Top
usafpilot07 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Avatar
FreeEnterprise's #1 Fan & Potty Mouth

Joined: 31 August 2004
Location: Tokelau
Status: Offline
Points: 4447
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote usafpilot07 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 August 2007 at 1:41pm
Originally posted by stratoaxe stratoaxe wrote:

Originally posted by usafpilot07 usafpilot07 wrote:

Originally posted by RoboCop RoboCop wrote:

I personally would rather not see someone's undergarments in public places. Their are kids around and they don't need to be influenced to have to wear their pants low enough where they can trip or have them soo loose that they have to hold them while they walk. Soon we might have kids walking around showing their tighty whities.


Shouldn't it be up to the parent's of those children to teach them what is right and wrong?  If you aren't more influential in your child's life than an image they see on the street, maybe you should reconsider your abilities to rear children.

I love this argument-dude, you realize by your definition of freedom of speech (or we'll say freedom of expression for now), what's wrong if I just want to rip it out and wank my girlfriend in front of the daycare? Your kids shouldn't be so easily influenced, right?

The streets belong to the public at whole. And like it or not, public streets are not the place to express your ass to the rest of the world.



So, you consider walking around in a pair of short-shorts the same as exposing your penis and masterbating in front of toddlers?  Good to know.



Originally posted by RoboCop RoboCop wrote:

I would have no trouble keeping my kids in line. It's other parents who aren't responsible in teaching their kids what they should and shouldn't do. I'd rather my kids go to school with kids who keep themselves presentable as if they cared where their life is headed to.


It's the parent's job to raise their children, not the government's. If you're so worried about it, send your kids to a private school with a dress code. 

Besides, even most public schools have some sort of dress code now a days.
Buffalo buffalo Buffalo buffalo buffalo buffalo Buffalo buffalo
Back to Top
Benjichang View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Avatar
I pwned Leroy Jenkins!

Joined: 03 January 2004
Location: R'lyeh
Status: Offline
Points: 12518
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Benjichang Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 August 2007 at 1:42pm
LOL @ this thread.

And the people supporting this.
Back to Top
RoboCop View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Avatar
Aw man, my butt is rusted...

Joined: 06 November 2004
Location: United States
Status: Offline
Points: 5040
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RoboCop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 August 2007 at 1:42pm
It wasn't an attack towards you High voltage. More of a general knowledge thing to show it's not just around certain places.

SandMan:"oh yeah, sporx is totally hot"
Back to Top
High Voltage View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Avatar
Fire in the disco

Joined: 12 March 2003
Location: 127.0.0.1
Status: Offline
Points: 14179
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote High Voltage Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 August 2007 at 1:42pm
Originally posted by stratoaxe stratoaxe wrote:

Originally posted by usafpilot07 usafpilot07 wrote:

Originally posted by Linus Linus wrote:

No, morally wrong is you showing your underwear and complaining when you can't.


How is wanting to wear YOUR clothes the way YOU want morally wrong?

I forgot freedom of speech was immoral

As long as they're not revealing, who cares?  Boxers are no different than a pair of shorts.

If someone is going commando, should their single layer of clothing be considered underwear? 

Unless you speak from your ass, I don't see how this falls under freedom of speech by any stretch.

And I agree, boxers are really no different than shorts. But looking at it from a different perspective, even if you have a whole other set of clothing underneath, it's still indecent to have your pants pulled half mast. It's suggestive, and lots and lots of people don't care to see it.


Oh I'm sorry, I forgot the first amendment protects only what I say, not any other non-violent method of expressing my opinions.
Back to Top
stratoaxe View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Avatar
And my axe...

Joined: 21 May 2005
Location: United States
Status: Offline
Points: 6831
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stratoaxe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 August 2007 at 1:45pm

Originally posted by usafpilot07 usafpilot07 wrote:



So, you consider walking around in a pair of short-shorts the same as exposing your penis and masterbating in front of toddlers?  Good to know.

Exactly-you can't back up your own argument. You're using biased logic.

Masturbating in front of toddlers being wrong is your set of morals. However, my set of morals says that having my pants pulled down giving little kids get the impression that I'm trying to show off my underoos is wrong. Who are you to back up one set of morals but not mine?

You guys just remember when you're sticking to society and being an individual, that it's a two way street.

BTW-I wasn't talking about masturbating, I was actually speaking of sex in public, but what the hell. The point's still the same.

Back to Top
RoboCop View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Avatar
Aw man, my butt is rusted...

Joined: 06 November 2004
Location: United States
Status: Offline
Points: 5040
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RoboCop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 August 2007 at 1:45pm
I went to a private school. It was even a catholic school. Some kids wasted no time in sagging their pants when the teacher stopped looking or was away.

SandMan:"oh yeah, sporx is totally hot"
Back to Top
stratoaxe View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Avatar
And my axe...

Joined: 21 May 2005
Location: United States
Status: Offline
Points: 6831
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stratoaxe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 August 2007 at 1:46pm
Originally posted by High Voltage High Voltage wrote:

Originally posted by stratoaxe stratoaxe wrote:

Originally posted by usafpilot07 usafpilot07 wrote:

Originally posted by Linus Linus wrote:

No, morally wrong is you showing your underwear and complaining when you can't.


How is wanting to wear YOUR clothes the way YOU want morally wrong?

I forgot freedom of speech was immoral

As long as they're not revealing, who cares?  Boxers are no different than a pair of shorts.

If someone is going commando, should their single layer of clothing be considered underwear? 

Unless you speak from your ass, I don't see how this falls under freedom of speech by any stretch.

And I agree, boxers are really no different than shorts. But looking at it from a different perspective, even if you have a whole other set of clothing underneath, it's still indecent to have your pants pulled half mast. It's suggestive, and lots and lots of people don't care to see it.


Oh I'm sorry, I forgot the first amendment protects only what I say, not any other non-violent method of expressing my opinions.

Tell me how showing off your underwear to the world is expressing your opinions, and I'll show you and USAF how choking your chicken in public is expressing your opinions.

Back to Top
usafpilot07 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Avatar
FreeEnterprise's #1 Fan & Potty Mouth

Joined: 31 August 2004
Location: Tokelau
Status: Offline
Points: 4447
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote usafpilot07 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 August 2007 at 1:49pm
Originally posted by stratoaxe stratoaxe wrote:

Originally posted by usafpilot07 usafpilot07 wrote:



So, you consider walking around in a pair of short-shorts the same as exposing your penis and masterbating in front of toddlers?  Good to know.

Exactly-you can't back up your own argument. You're using biased logic.

Masturbating in front of toddlers being wrong is your set of morals. However, my set of morals says that having my pants pulled down giving little kids get the impression that I'm trying to show off my underoos is wrong. Who are you to back up one set of morals but not mine?


I think that a large part of the voting public would agree that there is a huge difference between sagging pants and sex/masterbation in front of children.  I'm pretty sure there is a plethora of laws regarding activities like that.

Of course, what do I know.  This country isn't based on the majority's opinion or anything.

You guys just remember when you're sticking to society and being an individual, that it's a two way street.


A two way street?  Last time I checked, soceity votes in the men they think will vote the way they want.  You either choose to take that road and vote for people, or you don't.

Buffalo buffalo Buffalo buffalo buffalo buffalo Buffalo buffalo
Back to Top
FROG MAN View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Avatar
Strike 1- Language, 11/29/09

Joined: 31 July 2004
Location: Canada
Status: Offline
Points: 4185
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FROG MAN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 August 2007 at 1:50pm
Originally posted by stratoaxe stratoaxe wrote:

Originally posted by usafpilot07 usafpilot07 wrote:

Originally posted by RoboCop RoboCop wrote:

I personally would rather not see someone's undergarments in public places. Their are kids around and they don't need to be influenced to have to wear their pants low enough where they can trip or have them soo loose that they have to hold them while they walk. Soon we might have kids walking around showing their tighty whities.


Shouldn't it be up to the parent's of those children to teach them what is right and wrong?  If you aren't more influential in your child's life than an image they see on the street, maybe you should reconsider your abilities to rear children.

I love this argument-dude, you realize by your definition of freedom of speech (or we'll say freedom of expression for now), what's wrong if I just want to rip it out and wank my girlfriend in front of the daycare? Your kids shouldn't be so easily influenced, right?

The streets belong to the public at whole. And like it or not, public streets are not the place to express your ass to the rest of the world.

maybe one of the parents should be home looking after there toddlers instead of dumping them off at a daycare

<1 meg sig = bad>
Back to Top
High Voltage View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Avatar
Fire in the disco

Joined: 12 March 2003
Location: 127.0.0.1
Status: Offline
Points: 14179
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote High Voltage Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 August 2007 at 1:50pm
Linus, it is a non-intrusive search. You even said it yourself that frisking someone is searching. You can't have different searches only to say, "oh, that one doesn't count, that was a pre-search, to see if we wanted to actually search you." I'm not presenting the sentence in quotation marks as anything you have said directly.

If a cop, places his or her hands on any part of my person, or any of my property for that matter, with intent to detect or uncover ANYTHING, it is a search.
Back to Top
High Voltage View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Avatar
Fire in the disco

Joined: 12 March 2003
Location: 127.0.0.1
Status: Offline
Points: 14179
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote High Voltage Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 August 2007 at 1:55pm
Strato, in protest of this law that allows profiling. Now tell me why I can't sag them in a peaceful manner in protest of this unconstitutional legislation. Just because you don't want to see or do something is no reason to attempt to police the rest of society. If you hear something offensive on the radio, change the station. If you see something distasteful in a movie or out on the street, look away.
Back to Top
Benjichang View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Avatar
I pwned Leroy Jenkins!

Joined: 03 January 2004
Location: R'lyeh
Status: Offline
Points: 12518
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Benjichang Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 August 2007 at 2:13pm
They should go after people with offensive tattoos as well.
Back to Top
stratoaxe View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Avatar
And my axe...

Joined: 21 May 2005
Location: United States
Status: Offline
Points: 6831
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stratoaxe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 August 2007 at 2:21pm

Originally posted by High Voltage High Voltage wrote:

Strato, in protest of this law that allows profiling. Now tell me why I can't sag them in a peaceful manner in protest of this unconstitutional legislation. Just because you don't want to see or do something is no reason to attempt to police the rest of society. If you hear something offensive on the radio, change the station. If you see something distasteful in a movie or out on the street, look away.

I understand your point, and I agree to a certain extent. And a shocker-I wear my pants fairly low on my waist. Generally speaking, my boxers go a few inches above my jeans. However, at almost all times my shirt is covering this up, and I'm not giving off the appearance that I've purposely pulled down my pants. Again, maybe we're not talking about the same fashion trend, but I find it fairly vulgar to walk down the street with your pants at your knees.

But the logic that I can yank my pants if I want because it's freedom of expression can apply to anything. The previous arguments that boxers look nothing like underwear, and it's no more revealing than any other modern fashion trend were legit, but this one's not. I can throw around freedom of speech all day, just because you don't want to see grandpa jerking it in public doesn't mean he can't? Who are you to define what's sexually inappropriate? It's a double standard, no matter what way you look at it.

 

Back to Top
White o Light View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Avatar
Guested. blatant pornographic post

Joined: 12 June 2005
Location: United States
Status: Offline
Points: 2772
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote White o Light Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 August 2007 at 4:46pm
Has anyone made a joke about crack and sagging pants? like BUTT CRACK?!!?
Back to Top
RoboCop View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Avatar
Aw man, my butt is rusted...

Joined: 06 November 2004
Location: United States
Status: Offline
Points: 5040
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RoboCop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 August 2007 at 5:10pm
Mainly it is the Texan boys who are trying to see light in this situation because maybe we see more of this than many of you.

SandMan:"oh yeah, sporx is totally hot"
Back to Top
High Voltage View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Avatar
Fire in the disco

Joined: 12 March 2003
Location: 127.0.0.1
Status: Offline
Points: 14179
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote High Voltage Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 August 2007 at 5:26pm
Originally posted by RoboCop RoboCop wrote:

Mainly it is the Texan boys who are trying to see light in this situation because maybe we see more of this than many of you.

Oh please.
Back to Top
Benjichang View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Avatar
I pwned Leroy Jenkins!

Joined: 03 January 2004
Location: R'lyeh
Status: Offline
Points: 12518
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Benjichang Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 August 2007 at 5:34pm
Originally posted by High Voltage High Voltage wrote:

Originally posted by RoboCop RoboCop wrote:

Mainly it is the Texan boys who are trying to see light in this situation because maybe we see more of this than many of you.

Oh please.
Hahahahaha. You poor things. Oh, and I doubt it.
Back to Top
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 6789>
  Share Topic   

Forum Jump Forum Permissions View Drop Down

Forum Software by Web Wiz Forums® version 10.03

This page was generated in 0.172 seconds.