Tippmann Pneumatics Inc. Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

XBOX 360 or PS3

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 7>
Author
PAINTBALL1 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PAINTBALL1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: XBOX 360 or PS3
    Posted: 10 August 2007 at 1:05pm
So it's an age old debate, and that's not what I'm looking for. I will be purchasing a new console soon and I'm trying to figure out which one.

XBOX360- Has more of an established base, and alot more games, atleast right now. It is also cheaper and easier to come by.

PS3- The "leading Edge", which is costlier but I think it has more potential once people figure out how to exploit it's capabilities. The PS3 doesn't have very many games, but I could play my PS2 games. ( If I'm going to do that, then why buy a PS3 ?)

That's as far as Ive got... either way let me hear your 2 cents.
USAF Special Weapons Technician.
Ghost-Rider View Drop Down
Strike 2, Filter Dodge 8/12

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ghost-Rider Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 August 2007 at 1:08pm
PS3, never was a big fan of xbox.
Da Hui View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Guested, 9/13 Inappropiate post content

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Da Hui Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 August 2007 at 1:08pm
360 has 6 CORES!!!!!
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PAINTBALL1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 August 2007 at 1:11pm
XBOX360 looks good on any T.V. obviously better on a HDTV. PS3 however to me looks really crappy and grainy on anything but full 1080 resolution. I do like the Blu-Ray player, that ups the value points on the PS3. On the downside theres no vibration.
SandMan View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Semper Fidelis

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SandMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 August 2007 at 1:13pm
Have an Xbox360 and love it. Never been a fan of the Sony gaming consoles.
Real Men Love Cheeses
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PAINTBALL1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 August 2007 at 1:15pm
Besides the demo's at stores I haven't been able to get real seat time with a PS3. Although dead rising and gears of war are GREAT! The 360 is pulling away..
reifidom View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Zatoichi

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reifidom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 August 2007 at 1:21pm
I have both. My Xbox is used almost daily. My PS3 is collecting dust and waiting until the distant day when a game worth playing might potentially come out for it. I dust it weekly. I flipped off the power switch in the back to save electricity. A spider has used the back end of it to secure its webbing between the television and the wall.

I liked Resistance: Fall of Man, but that's about the best the system has had to offer me so far.
I feel that the PS3 has taken such a beating in the market so far that it's going to be tough to get any further off the ground. If Assassin's Creed would come out I'd buy it. The next Final Fantasy is no longer exclusive.

If you want to play games now, Xbox, no question.

I laugh because it's true, and I know it firsthand.

http://www.ctrlaltdel-online.com/comics/20070727.jpg

And if you want to get into the PSP:

http://www.vgcats.com/comics/images/070605.jpg

Edited by reifidom - 10 August 2007 at 1:27pm

Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PAINTBALL1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 August 2007 at 1:29pm
LoL. The comic was prety good.
I'm thinking 360 because like you said I can "play it now" and give the PS3 a little time to warm up. I hope it does, it's almost sad to see Sony getting kicked so hard. So then if I go 360 is the additional cash for the "Elite" worth it? or just go for the premium?
reifidom View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Zatoichi

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reifidom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 August 2007 at 1:31pm
Depends on what you want to do with the hard drive. There is plenty to download, and for me, Final Fantasy XI takes up a buttload of hard drive space. If you want movies and junk get the extra space, or if you've just got the cash.

I wouldn't know if it makes too much of a difference.

Do get an off-console battery charger. Very nice to have.

Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PAINTBALL1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 August 2007 at 1:34pm
I won't need the space for downloads as I don't/won't have Xboxlive. And I'm not a fan of Final Fantasy. So eh.. prolly just get the premium and a couple games to start and call it a day.
WGP guy2 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
I play the Bag Pipes

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WGP guy2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 August 2007 at 1:43pm
I'd vote 360, but I don't have either.

Hows the kid doing?
blackdog144 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote blackdog144 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 August 2007 at 1:50pm

Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PAINTBALL1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 August 2007 at 1:53pm
Somebody remembers me?..lol He's good. It's hard to believe he'll be three in November. But I guess that's life. Although I've gotta get into Barney or something. He does what I do: Builds little bombfires (hasn't lit one *YET*), loves fireworks, and loves to shoot my guns (paintball, Air Soft), he's a sweet kid. So I've got to slow down on corrupting him. He also likes the Air Force, so we now out number my wife. He's not going to like it when I leave for BMT, but in life you have to sacrifice.
MeanMan View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MeanMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 August 2007 at 1:55pm
Why no online play?  PS3 online is free.

hybrid-sniper~"To be honest, if I see a player still using an Impulse I'm going to question their motives."
hybrid-sniper View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

I feel violated.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hybrid-sniper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 August 2007 at 1:55pm
360, because the PS3-only games are games I could not care less about.
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PAINTBALL1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 August 2007 at 1:56pm
I kind of aggree. I am kind of interested in seeing what Rockstar has in mind for their PS3 exclusive.

Edited by PAINTBALL1 - 10 August 2007 at 1:56pm
CarbineKid View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CarbineKid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 August 2007 at 2:14pm
I brought the 360. IMHO the PS3 is not only over priced, but doomed to go the way of the NEO GEO. FWIW my 360 died 6 weeks after I brought it. Microsoft had a new Xbox at my door a week latter, with a free month of Xobx live for my troubles. They won me over.         & nbsp;
hybrid-sniper View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

I feel violated.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hybrid-sniper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 August 2007 at 2:24pm

Originally posted by PAINTBALL1 PAINTBALL1 wrote:

I kind of aggree. I am kind of interested in seeing what Rockstar has in mind for their PS3 exclusive.

If GTA4 is still slated to be relased on the 360, I don't care too much.

a5Tpp789 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

in the closet MILSIMer...

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote a5Tpp789 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 August 2007 at 2:31pm

wii

metroid prime 3, zelda, mario galaxy, super smash bros, mariokart should i go on?

if you put 500 dollars into an A5 it is still an A5
Rp Fr View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
This title is just way too old

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote  Rp Fr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 August 2007 at 2:31pm
I am in love with my PS3. All of the great games aren't out yet, but I am kept plenty busy. I play Call of Duty 3, Oblivion, and Rainbow Six: Vegas. I also love being able to play online for free. I don't like the idea of having to commit to playing online by paying for it as you do on the 360. Also, if you add up the prices, the 360 and PS3 are about the same when you factor in the 360's cost for XBL and the HD DVD drive. I'm also not positive whether or not the 360 has WiFi, but thats another huge thing I love about my PS3. Running an ethernet from my modem to my PS2 in past years was such a pain.

I vote PS3. And for the games for the PS3, Q4 of this year is looking great. Unfortunately, however, GTA IV has already been delayed.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 7>
  Share Topic