Tippmann Pneumatics Inc. Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

XBOX 360 or PS3

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 4567>
Author
heliumman77 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote heliumman77 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 August 2007 at 1:48am
Well if it does overheat "Microsoft started the fire it started burnin when the disc stopped turnin"
vipergts222 View Drop Down
Vroom Vroom!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vipergts222 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 August 2007 at 12:43pm
I would go for the ps3. Check out a game called little big planet. It's different, but looks to be very promising. Btw my friend bought a 360 about a month ago and it broke the second day he had it. It scratched his oblivion disk too, but he took it back to wal-mart and got another one. Whichever one you get, make sure you buy rock band. It will be like the greatest game ever.
A-5
~Flatline
~E-Grip
~Palmer Stabilizer
~Double Trigger
~20oz SP on/off
and anti-siphon
Soon:
~Comp-Air
~CP Razor drop
FROG MAN View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Strike 1- Language, 11/29/09

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FROG MAN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 August 2007 at 12:46pm

Originally posted by vipergts222 vipergts222 wrote:

I would go for the ps3. Check out a game called little big planet. It's different, but looks to be very promising. Btw my friend bought a 360 about a month ago and it broke the second day he had it. It scratched his oblivion disk too, but he took it back to wal-mart and got another one. Whichever one you get, make sure you buy rock band. It will be like the greatest game ever.

i think rock band looks kinda lame

more isn't always better. I dont want to drum or sing....

<1 meg sig = bad>
stratoaxe View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
And my axe...

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stratoaxe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 August 2007 at 12:49pm
Originally posted by FROG MAN FROG MAN wrote:

Someone pointed out that with the drum controller you buy, and the MIDI creator included with Rock Band, you could create your own background tracks to go with a guitar recording tool like your POD. Wouldn't be worth the money (just buy a damn drum set lol), but an interesting bonus if you actually want the game.

FROG MAN View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FROG MAN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 August 2007 at 12:52pm
Originally posted by stratoaxe stratoaxe wrote:

Originally posted by FROG MAN FROG MAN wrote:

Someone pointed out that with the drum controller you buy, and the MIDI creator included with Rock Band, you could create your own background tracks to go with a guitar recording tool like your POD. Wouldn't be worth the money (just buy a damn drum set lol), but an interesting bonus if you actually want the game.

sounds like hype to me...

<1 meg sig = bad>
vipergts222 View Drop Down
Vroom Vroom!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vipergts222 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 August 2007 at 2:02pm
I love the fact that you'll be able to drum in rock band. It adds a whole new dimension to guitar hero. As for the singing, I can't wait to completely obliterate the scream in won't get fooled again.
A-5
~Flatline
~E-Grip
~Palmer Stabilizer
~Double Trigger
~20oz SP on/off
and anti-siphon
Soon:
~Comp-Air
~CP Razor drop
MeanMan View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MeanMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 August 2007 at 4:51pm
My friends 360s bother me.  Very noisy.  One of them randomly turns off, no one will be by it, then it goes off.  Randomly flashes red.  Just, very odd.

hybrid-sniper~"To be honest, if I see a player still using an Impulse I'm going to question their motives."
Rp Fr View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
This title is just way too old

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote  Rp Fr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 August 2007 at 5:54pm
Originally posted by MeanMan MeanMan wrote:

My friends 360s bother me.  Very noisy.  One of them randomly turns off, no one will be by it, then it goes off.  Randomly flashes red.  Just, very odd.

Yeah, that is one thing I also noticed. My friend brought his 360 over on night to play Gears of War on our HDTV, and I noticed the whole time we were playing that you could hear the console humming real loud.
Panda Man View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Ill feed you to my SNAKE!! METALFACE!!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Panda Man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 August 2007 at 8:57pm
^The Elite versions doesn't do that. The Elite version is very quite.

also look into getting an intercooler system, its better to listen to small hum then a noisy fan.
hybrid-sniper View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

I feel violated.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hybrid-sniper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 August 2007 at 11:23pm

http://crunchgear.com/2006/10/27/nykos-intercooler-causes-pr oblems-for-xbox-360/

It's pretty common knowledge that 360 Intercoolers are deadly.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote heliumman77 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 August 2007 at 12:35am
Ice?
scrumsguy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scrumsguy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 August 2007 at 2:01am

360 definatly I like pretty much every game for it and I've been loyal to Microsoft since the Xbox theres too many racing games for the PS3 and there isn't that much new inivation

the six axis=wii

Help support the Youth In Asia!

Member Of Sgt. Peppers Lonely Hearts Club Band

FROG MAN View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FROG MAN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 August 2007 at 9:47am
Originally posted by scrumsguy scrumsguy wrote:

360 definatly I like pretty much every game for it and I've been loyal to Microsoft since the Xbox theres too many racing games for the PS3 and there isn't that much new inivation

the six axis=wii

since the ps3 was released a week before the wii.... wii = six axis
:-P

and ps3 only has 2 exclusive racing games...
<1 meg sig = bad>

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote heliumman77 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 August 2007 at 7:46pm
OK I just watched th AOTS special on it if people are stupid enough to leave a 360 on for so long and let it overheat it mostly their fault. I'm not saying Microsoft shouldn't fix this but if you leave your console on for more then 4 hours what do you expect? I mean I've never played more than maybe 3 hours so when I get my 360 I'm guessing I wont be seeing much red.
stratoaxe View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
And my axe...

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stratoaxe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 August 2007 at 7:50pm

Originally posted by heliumman77 heliumman77 wrote:

OK I just watched th AOTS special on it if people are stupid enough to leave a 360 on for so long and let it overheat it mostly their fault. I'm not saying Microsoft shouldn't fix this but if you leave your console on for more then 4 hours what do you expect? I mean I've never played more than maybe 3 hours so when I get my 360 I'm guessing I wont be seeing much red.

4 hours isn't a terribly long amount of time to leave your console on man. Ever had friends over, or played over Live?

Or better yet-buy Oblivion. Then you'll know what long is...

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote heliumman77 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 August 2007 at 7:52pm
Well what is long? and if that isn't long I surely won't see red.
stratoaxe View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
And my axe...

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stratoaxe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 August 2007 at 7:54pm

Anything's long if you get a bad Box...

It's funny, I left my PS2 on for four months one time, didn't even realize it. Switched it off, gave it to my friend, and he's still playing it a year later. I guess QA has changed alot as of late...

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote heliumman77 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 August 2007 at 7:57pm
Well since I'm a bit short on money I was going to pick up a refurbished one so is this a bad move?
stratoaxe View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
And my axe...

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stratoaxe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 August 2007 at 7:59pm
Like from Gamestop?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote heliumman77 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 August 2007 at 8:00pm
Well I'm gonna check my local gamestop but prolly from ubid.com since they are selling on there for 150 at most.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 4567>
  Share Topic