Tippmann Pneumatics Inc. Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

XBOX 360 or PS3

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 7>
Author
PAINTBALL1 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PAINTBALL1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 August 2007 at 4:49pm
Speaking of selling does anyone have one (360 or PS3) for "trade"? As selling is against the rules?
USAF Special Weapons Technician.
stratoaxe View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
And my axe...

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stratoaxe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 August 2007 at 5:10pm
Ticalxx421 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
guested. Doesnt learn.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ticalxx421 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 August 2007 at 8:06pm
Xbox 360
1.Cheaper
2. for the price of the ps3 you can also add the HD dvd player to the 360.
3. Live ownes
4.TITTIES on Uno(lol)
5. Forza 2
6. Changeable faceplates(I think there cool)
7. Xbox live arcade
8. Titties on Uno
9. Fabel 2

The only thing good about the ps3 is God Of War 2 and the 120gig hardrive

Ps3 is taking out the blueray anyways so bump that
[IMG]http://i14.tinypic.com/73e0l8j.jpg">
     Represent!
Jason Doering View Drop Down

Guested - Language

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jason Doering Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 August 2007 at 10:42pm
go for ps3 i have an xbox and ive had it for a year and it shuts down automatically and some times u hear the cd grinding inside of the cd tray and sometimes the door on the x box doesnt open so go for ps 3 im sure they will get more games for it in the future considering its new.
Rp Fr View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
This title is just way too old

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote  Rp Fr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 August 2007 at 10:49pm
Originally posted by reifidom reifidom wrote:

I will admit, the Wifi for the 360 is outrageous. $99 when I bought it. I played Oblivion on the 360 because it was out first, and that was a huge selling point for me.
I don't give a crap about the HD-DVD drive on the 360 because I have a dvd player and wanted a game system. While it's nice that the PS3 plays Blu-ray, it was in no way why I bought the system.
On the other hand the 360 at least comes with some degree of Hi-def cable out of the box. The PS3 Hi-def cable is $99, offsetting the cost of Wi-fi on the 360.

Maybe it's just me, but the Blu-ray drive doesn't mean a lot to me when it comes to watching HD movies. The real advantage comes into place when the designers can store extra graphical detail on the larger Blu-ray disks, making the advantage of having a Blu-ray/HD DVD drive significant.

Also, I'm not sure what "PS3 Hi-def cable" you're talking about. Any HDMI cable will work. I bought one for $20 from Target and it's working great.
jordanpischke View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jordanpischke Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 August 2007 at 11:28pm
I say 360 it has/is going to have more stand out games and is cheaper. If you really want to have a blast on 360 get xbox live.
reifidom View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Zatoichi

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reifidom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 August 2007 at 2:59am
Originally posted by  Rp Fr Rp Fr wrote:

Originally posted by reifidom reifidom wrote:

I will admit, the Wifi for the 360 is outrageous. $99 when I bought it. I played Oblivion on the 360 because it was out first, and that was a huge selling point for me.
I don't give a crap about the HD-DVD drive on the 360 because I have a dvd player and wanted a game system. While it's nice that the PS3 plays Blu-ray, it was in no way why I bought the system.
On the other hand the 360 at least comes with some degree of Hi-def cable out of the box. The PS3 Hi-def cable is $99, offsetting the cost of Wi-fi on the 360.

Maybe it's just me, but the Blu-ray drive doesn't mean a lot to me when it comes to watching HD movies. The real advantage comes into place when the designers can store extra graphical detail on the larger Blu-ray disks, making the advantage of having a Blu-ray/HD DVD drive significant.Also, I'm not sure what "PS3 Hi-def cable" you're talking about. Any HDMI cable will work. I bought one for $20 from Target and it's working great.

I just meant the Sony brand of it, which is definitely overpriced.

And I would love it if they'd use the extra space but so far I'm not seeing it.

Panda Man View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Ill feed you to my SNAKE!! METALFACE!!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Panda Man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 August 2007 at 10:46am
^it's because their still learning.

look at the automobile... do you really think it was going to stop at the model T? it's the exact same way with blu-ray... The designers have to figure out how to use it. I know for a fact when designers get out of their caves and figure out the potential of blu-ray, I see alot better titles coming for sony then microsoft, 2 to 1.
reifidom View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Zatoichi

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reifidom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 August 2007 at 11:23am
And when that happens I'll be more than happy to dust off the PS3 and play.

Boss_DJ View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
hey bud, let’s party!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Boss_DJ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 August 2007 at 11:27am
Originally posted by stratoaxe stratoaxe wrote:

Originally posted by a5Tpp789 a5Tpp789 wrote:

wii

metroid prime 3, zelda, mario galaxy, super smash bros, mariokart should i go on?

You can't, that's all. The wii is turning into a massive disappointment for the owners, it's lineup is nothing but low-grade ports and lazy third party development. The most use I get out of mine is the Virtual Console, playing Mario and Wave Race.

Buy a PS3 now and you'll feel like those of us who picked up our 360's last year for 400, and now the Pro has dropped to 349 plus comes HDMI ready.

And any game that's ported from 360, or codeveloped, so far has been the inferior of the two. The 360's lineup is pretty amazing at the moment, with four or five big names (i.e. Stranglehold) coming out this month, and plenty more as we hit the holiday season.

i play my wii everyday...there is so many great games for it that i feel like a little kid again waiting for my paycheck every week to go get a new one...i dont know a single person with a wii that has showed any signs of disapointment and its still impossible to find one....but then again im the kind of person who would rather play mario strikers over fifa world cup or mario kart over forza....to each his own, but dont make a huge generalization of the public opinion because you dont like the thing

mn3schwartz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mn3schwartz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 August 2007 at 12:27pm
hay i think thare are both vary good systems me im gitting the ps3 first then the 360 both have good game or game that are coming out like ff13 on ps3 and resident evil 5 on 360 allsome game if you askme
reifidom View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Zatoichi

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reifidom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 August 2007 at 1:56pm
FFXIII is no longer exclusive to the PS3, but that's likely what I'll be playing it on.

My perspective is that I do currently own both systems, which I think is better than simply saying that I hear one is a good system, and I play the Xbox far more, and will until PS3 has a standout game that I really want to have.

stratoaxe View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
And my axe...

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stratoaxe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 August 2007 at 6:03pm
Originally posted by Boss_DJ Boss_DJ wrote:

Originally posted by stratoaxe stratoaxe wrote:

Originally posted by a5Tpp789 a5Tpp789 wrote:

wii

metroid prime 3, zelda, mario galaxy, super smash bros, mariokart should i go on?

You can't, that's all. The wii is turning into a massive disappointment for the owners, it's lineup is nothing but low-grade ports and lazy third party development. The most use I get out of mine is the Virtual Console, playing Mario and Wave Race.

Buy a PS3 now and you'll feel like those of us who picked up our 360's last year for 400, and now the Pro has dropped to 349 plus comes HDMI ready.

And any game that's ported from 360, or codeveloped, so far has been the inferior of the two. The 360's lineup is pretty amazing at the moment, with four or five big names (i.e. Stranglehold) coming out this month, and plenty more as we hit the holiday season.

i play my wii everyday...there is so many great games for it that i feel like a little kid again waiting for my paycheck every week to go get a new one...i dont know a single person with a wii that has showed any signs of disapointment and its still impossible to find one....but then again im the kind of person who would rather play mario strikers over fifa world cup or mario kart over forza....to each his own, but dont make a huge generalization of the public opinion because you dont like the thing

I wasn't really making a huge generalization, I'm going by what I hear from Wii owners. And the quality of games out for the Wii just isn't great-of course it's personal opinion, and that's awesome that you're happy with yours, but it's undeniable that the Wii is receiving the short end of the development stick. Not saying we won't see some great titles in the future, just not in the immediate future, so it would be hard for me to recommend buying one to somebody just based on the experience I've had with mine.

FROG MAN View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Strike 1- Language, 11/29/09

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FROG MAN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 August 2007 at 6:40pm
I got a ps3 and love it,

the exclusive list isnt as big but it really comes down to what games do you think you will like.

and if your not sure, go with the 360 because it already has some great games out and you dont have to guess

I just have faith that games like warhawk, heavnly sword, metal gear solid 4, Killzone 2, little big planet, will all be amazing, so im in the for the long haul.

*hmmmmm*

and yes, I am EXTREMLY disapointed with my wii, if ssbb sucks that thing will never see power again

Edited by FROG MAN - 11 August 2007 at 6:43pm
<1 meg sig = bad>
jmac3 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Official Box Hoister

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jmac3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 August 2007 at 6:42pm
Originally posted by FROG MAN FROG MAN wrote:

I got a ps3 and love it,

the exclusive list isnt as big but it really comes down to what games do you think you will like.

and if your not sure, go with the 360 because it already has some great games out and you dont have to guess

I just have faith that games like warhawk, heavnly sword, metal gear solid 4, Killzone 2, little big planet, will all be amazing, so im in the for the long haul.

*hmmmmm*

Killzone?
Que pasa?

FROG MAN View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FROG MAN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 August 2007 at 6:43pm
ya, thats killzone 2, looks sweet

and plzzzzz look up little big planet, looks freaking awesome!
<1 meg sig = bad>
jmac3 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Official Box Hoister

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jmac3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 August 2007 at 6:48pm
Killzone just sold me a PS3.....time to start saving. Can't wait for that game online.

What exactly do you do in Little Big Planet? I checked wikipedia and watched a demo  I didn't get it.
Que pasa?

FROG MAN View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FROG MAN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 August 2007 at 7:20pm
Originally posted by jmac3 jmac3 wrote:

Killzone just sold me a PS3.....time to start saving. Can't wait for that game online.

What exactly do you do in Little Big Planet? I checked wikipedia and watched a demo  I didn't get it.

its basicly a platformer, with premade lvls and such, but you can make your own lvls, machines, creations, anything, the possibilites are only limited to ones own imagination,

<1 meg sig = bad>
FROG MAN View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FROG MAN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 August 2007 at 7:28pm
<1 meg sig = bad>
Panda Man View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Ill feed you to my SNAKE!! METALFACE!!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Panda Man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 August 2007 at 10:27pm
well, well.... looks like microsoft is a little worried about sony droping the price of the ps3... Now the elite is only $450, pro $350 and the core is now $270.... hehe this is getting better and better... I might pick up a core system for just "what the hell"....
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 7>
  Share Topic