FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

XBOX 360 or PS3

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 7>
Author
reifidom View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Zatoichi

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reifidom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 August 2007 at 2:36pm
I will admit, the Wifi for the 360 is outrageous. $99 when I bought it. I played Oblivion on the 360 because it was out first, and that was a huge selling point for me.
I don't give a crap about the HD-DVD drive on the 360 because I have a dvd player and wanted a game system. While it's nice that the PS3 plays Blu-ray, it was in no way why I bought the system.
On the other hand the 360 at least comes with some degree of Hi-def cable out of the box. The PS3 Hi-def cable is $99, offsetting the cost of Wi-fi on the 360.

hybrid-sniper View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

I feel violated.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hybrid-sniper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 August 2007 at 2:36pm

In order to have a 360 in your wireless network you need a wireless bridge or equivalent.

PAINTBALL1 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PAINTBALL1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 August 2007 at 2:48pm
I'm thinking... but again 360 for now and PS3 down the road. Unless I come across a really good deal on a PS3, or some extra cash in general.
USAF Special Weapons Technician.
heliumman77 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote heliumman77 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 August 2007 at 2:50pm
Im saving up for a 360.
Panda Man View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
I値l feed you to my SNAKE!! METALFACE!!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Panda Man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 August 2007 at 3:00pm
if a ps3 isn't great, then why is it that the most anticipated game for 2008 is not a 360, its a PS3 game. 
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PAINTBALL1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 August 2007 at 3:01pm
Whats the most anticipated game of 2008?
Tolgak View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Master of MSPaint and bri's Daddy

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tolgak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 August 2007 at 3:29pm
MGS4 would be one of them.

A PS3 is looking more and more worth it as new games are being previewed. I might end up getting one if I somehow get enough money to have it AND a PC.
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PAINTBALL1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 August 2007 at 3:35pm
I forgot about MGS4, that would be a big one. It looks pretty sweet.
reifidom View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Zatoichi

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reifidom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 August 2007 at 3:41pm
Keyword: Preview

I'm not going to believe anything anymore without the game in my system.
:)

stratoaxe View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
And my axe...

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stratoaxe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 August 2007 at 3:42pm
Originally posted by a5Tpp789 a5Tpp789 wrote:

wii

metroid prime 3, zelda, mario galaxy, super smash bros, mariokart should i go on?

You can't, that's all. The wii is turning into a massive disappointment for the owners, it's lineup is nothing but low-grade ports and lazy third party development. The most use I get out of mine is the Virtual Console, playing Mario and Wave Race.

Buy a PS3 now and you'll feel like those of us who picked up our 360's last year for 400, and now the Pro has dropped to 349 plus comes HDMI ready.

And any game that's ported from 360, or codeveloped, so far has been the inferior of the two. The 360's lineup is pretty amazing at the moment, with four or five big names (i.e. Stranglehold) coming out this month, and plenty more as we hit the holiday season.

Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PAINTBALL1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 August 2007 at 3:48pm
How have the 360 games been inferior? Graphically? Is there that big of a difference? Or did I miss something.
Panda Man View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Panda Man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 August 2007 at 3:49pm
Originally posted by PAINTBALL1 PAINTBALL1 wrote:

Whats the most anticipated game of 2008?

Killzone 2.

I "thought" the 1st of august was it's release(thats what my "release schedule" said) and I turned it into our Market manager, and I maybe rewarded $50 for finding such bad mistake.

But yea, go to youtube.com and look up "killzone 2" there are two versions of it... the 2005 and 2007. The 2007 is going to be the exact look of it. Killzone 2 is going to be running 2 graphics engines and sice the PS3 is a bit more technological advanced compared to the 360 it'll handle all the renders shown as the same as gameplay... everything you see render/real time is going to be the exact same.
stratoaxe View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
And my axe...

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stratoaxe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 August 2007 at 3:51pm

If you're referring to my post, I meant that the PS3 games were inferior. The 360 ports have been far superior in almost every situation. Even FEAR, which graphically suffered when moved from PC to 360, degraded in frame rate when moved to the PS3.

It makes sense-it's hard to develop for two drastically different systems at the same time, so they're focusing their attention on the more popular system. Until the PS3 gets out into the public, the public isn't going to get the big end of the development stick.

Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PAINTBALL1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 August 2007 at 3:52pm
I'll check it out. I remember the Killzone trailer like E3 a year ago. I almost pooped myself. It looks pretty sweet.
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PAINTBALL1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 August 2007 at 3:53pm
Originally posted by stratoaxe stratoaxe wrote:

If you're referring to my post, I meant that the PS3 games were inferior. The 360 ports have been far superior in almost every situation. Even FEAR, which graphically suffered when moved from PC to 360, degraded in frame rate when moved to the PS3.

It makes sense-it's hard to develop for two drastically different systems at the same time, so they're focusing their attention on the more popular system. Until the PS3 gets out into the public, the public isn't going to get the big end of the development stick.

Gotcha. Thanks for breakin it down for me.
Panda Man View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Panda Man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 August 2007 at 3:55pm
Originally posted by stratoaxe stratoaxe wrote:

The 360 is also using the same technology of a few years ago, PS3 is using a different platform, hence why lair and heavenly sword has been delayed twice now... damn glitches.
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PAINTBALL1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 August 2007 at 4:18pm
Now you guys have me thinking.... What does PS3 have to offer to hold me over until the goods start rollin out?
Panda Man View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Panda Man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 August 2007 at 4:34pm
Resistance. Rainbow 6: Vegas, Virtua fighter 5, motor storm, ninja gaiden, FEAR.

and if you can hold out till the 4th of September Lair will becoming out.
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PAINTBALL1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 August 2007 at 4:38pm
Lair doesnt do much for me. I'm thinking I'll wait longer, save more and buy both. And then I'll eventually move on to conquer the world! Or just buy an Xbox and then get a PS3.. Who knows
Panda Man View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Panda Man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 August 2007 at 4:41pm
go play a friends 360/ps3. I can't "sell one" for you basically(even though it seems like it) it all comes down to your choice. Also have to remember GTA: IV, and Turok 5 will becoming out for both PS3/360 as well.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 7>
  Share Topic