Tippmann Pneumatics Inc. Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Recommended 98 custom woodsball barrel

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Zherdev View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zherdev Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Recommended 98 custom woodsball barrel
    Posted: 08 August 2007 at 12:37pm
What is the recommended barrel for woodsball situation. I need one that is accurate with close and long range shots. I have a response trigger and I need the best combination that there is on the market. All replies are greatly appreciated.

Edited by Zherdev - 08 August 2007 at 12:38pm
Yomillio View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Retard

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Yomillio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 August 2007 at 1:30pm
Most here will reccomend either a Lapco Bigshot or J&J Ceramic.  Both are great all-around barrels.  I'll let someone else explain the inevitable paint to bore match lecture, and how barrels all shoot the same range (except the Flatline and the Apex).
RoboCop View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Aw man, my butt is rusted...

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RoboCop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 August 2007 at 2:58pm

If you have the money and you think you are going to stay with that gun for a little while, buy a barrel kit. Having the ability to change bore size to the paint helps increase accuracy as it will stabalize the ball much quicker. I guess you could say the ball could travel further with a more accurate barrel because then the balls won't be going everywhere like to the left or right. The cheapest way to be able to get a barrel kit now and have it adaptable to other markers is to get the freak kit. It's not the best out there, but it will be much better than many of the one piece barrels.

SandMan:"oh yeah, sporx is totally hot"
Bruce A. Frank View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
KRL Reincarnated?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bruce A. Frank Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 August 2007 at 1:50am
And I am just going to have to add the recommendation of the Apex as being ideal for woods ball. Do a search  Search The ForumSearch with the word Apex and read all about why it is such a useful barrel.
sinisterNorth View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
1 strike, language, 10/3

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sinisterNorth Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 August 2007 at 9:42am
If you're looking for a straight barrel, check out the JJ Ceramic. If you want some added range, look into the Apex.
Pumpker'd; (V.) When a pump player runs up and shoots you at point blank range because you thought 20bps made you good.
jesseat956 View Drop Down
Guested - Language

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jesseat956 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 August 2007 at 10:56pm
dude just dont buy a flatline big mistake.... i bought one and for some reason w/ the r/t the paintballs break i dont know y if i buy premium paintballs but i dont know maybe it only happens to me i guess
StormyKnight View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote StormyKnight Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 August 2007 at 3:26am

Originally posted by jesseat956 jesseat956 wrote:

dude just dont buy a flatline big mistake.... i bought one and for some reason w/ the r/t the paintballs break i dont know y if i buy premium paintballs but i dont know maybe it only happens to me i guess

I've gone through a case of paint at 20bps and never broke a ball in my flatline.  Can't make the same claim with my Apex.  Probably broke 5 or 6 in that at the same ROF with a half case of the same paint.

Edited by StormyKnight - 10 August 2007 at 3:27am
salami View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote salami Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 August 2007 at 11:15am

flatline is picky, to get my FPS as close to the 300 mark as possible its either Evil or Marballizer in mine, thats pushing 270, 275 on the chrono, flatlines not about the velocity but the total distance acheived with the flattest trajectory, just because I sailed it down there will it break??? better paint tends to have a better uniform break resulting in an overall better experience in my travels, spend the bucks if you want the best, sadly in paintball you get what you pay for

on that note the cheaper wally world and field only type stuff typically forces me to turn it down to about 260-265 to avoid those barrel breaks  and it doesn't seem much but at the furthest possible distances the break is far less possible to happen for me, again nothing scientific just me playing with a ton of different paint and many a trip to the chrono to see what worked best and what didn't with me, flatlines when properly tested through trial and error own in my book, thats how it is, if you want more of plug and play experience, stick to the typical barrels like the J&J stuff etc...

a friend of mine has a J&J, its a fab barrel and if I ever decide to dump the flatline an go back to something more traditional then Im definately going to get a J&J for mine

YMMV as always

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic