Tippmann Pneumatics Inc. Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Piranha GTI

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Zherdev View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zherdev Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Piranha GTI
    Posted: 04 August 2007 at 12:40pm

The gun is in great condition but, the gun will not function properly. The tank fits perfectly onto the gun, and the cocking mechanism works fine. But, the bolt always goes back into the gun, and you have to recock it every time in the field for it to fire. I was wondering if there is anything I can do so I can fix this problem. Thanks in Advance.

Monk View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Monk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 August 2007 at 12:44pm
Bolt Oring might be missing.
/\ /\ \/ \/ < > < > B A START
Kingtiger View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
Now with 100% more Fail

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kingtiger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 August 2007 at 12:59pm
might be low on air
Steam: Kingtiger125
Zherdev View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zherdev Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 August 2007 at 3:01pm
It isnt low on air, tried a fulled tank and still does it. The bolt o-ring might be it, but Im pretty sure the o rings on it are okay.
Zherdev View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zherdev Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 August 2007 at 8:41pm
Any other suggestions? I have found that it 'double' fires and then does not recock itself.

Edited by Zherdev - 06 August 2007 at 9:12pm
Bruce A. Frank View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
KRL Reincarnated?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bruce A. Frank Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 August 2007 at 9:31pm

Originally posted by Zherdev Zherdev wrote:

Any other suggestions? I have found that it 'double' fires and then does not recock itself.
Usually an indication that the hammer is not going back far enough to engage the sear. The hammer drops and fires the first ball but is not blown back far enough to engage the sear...so the hammer falls again from reduced distance and fires a reduced charge of gas...this time the hammer isn't blown back far enough to fire next time it falls.

I haven't fiddled with a Piranha in a while, does this model have a regulator? If it does, it may need to be turned up to provide enough pressure for blow back...but just speculating about a reg.

Zherdev View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zherdev Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 August 2007 at 11:13pm

Well, I semi followed that but mostly, I didnt. I havent tried it with paint in it yet, just dry firing and it double fires. It isnt too old of a model. Pirahna GTI. Could you explain what a regulator is? Thanks for your time.

PS. I am taking it up to a Dealer tomorrow to look at it.

Platinum Member
Platinum Member
KRL Reincarnated?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bruce A. Frank Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 August 2007 at 10:41pm

Well, I semi followed that but mostly, I didnt. I havent tried it with paint in it yet, just dry firing and it double fires. It isnt too old of a model. Pirahna GTI. Could you explain what a regulator is? Thanks for your time.

PS. I am taking it up to a Dealer tomorrow to look at it.

The lack of resistance when firing with nothing in the bore may reduce the gas impulse enough to keep the hammer from cocking. Not alway a problem, but in the beginning my Tippmann would not cock when there was no paintball in the bore.

Ya know, I suggest time and time again that players take the manual and read it. Look at the schematics and try to understand how the marker actually functions. You really cannot troubleshoot a problem with a marker when you don't know how it works. It is no fun to spend half a day on the sidelines because a field repairable "O" ring blows...and you cannot figure it out.

If you got no manual with your marker, it is likely that it is somewhere on-line. All the recent Tippmann manuals are, and many markers that I have researched have manuals on-line.

Edited by Bruce A. Frank - 07 August 2007 at 10:46pm
Zherdev View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zherdev Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 August 2007 at 6:20pm
Thank you for the reply. The hammer O-ring along with the shear (sp) were in bad condition. Once they were replaced the gun worked fine. Thanks for all the help.
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
KRL Reincarnated?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bruce A. Frank Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 August 2007 at 1:53am

Thank you for the reply. The hammer O-ring along with the shear (sp) were in bad condition. Once they were replaced the gun worked fine. Thanks for all the help.

Thanks for replying and letting us know the solution. It is appreciated by everyone who offers help...and it helps us all learn what works for specific problems.

Zherdev View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zherdev Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 August 2007 at 3:53pm
Very welcome.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic