Tippmann Pneumatics Inc. Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

A-5 Paintballs

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Zherdev View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zherdev Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: A-5 Paintballs
    Posted: 03 August 2007 at 6:30pm
Hello guys, recently my A-5 has been upgraded with an Expansion chamber kit, a RT, and a new 10 inch Lapco barrel. The problem is, my cyclone feed system will not work now with the type of 'ball' I am using. I reguarly use Impact, Scorch or Rainbow, but recently, none of them have been working for me. Before the upgrades these worked fine, but now they decided not to work. I did some research and found the something could be wrong with my ratchet inside the feed system, but I would just like some input on this situation. In the field I usually find a 'disfigured' ball stuck inside the cyclone and just remove it. But while firing it seems to want to shoot every other ball or every other 5th ball. Hope this is enough description. Thanks for your time and thoughts.
- robbo - View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote - robbo - Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 August 2007 at 3:15am

hmmm......does it happen all the time or only when low on air/co2?

you could check the gas line make sure there are no blockages or defects in it, and also mae sure the screws that hold it together point top to bottom.

have you checked inside the cyclone housing to check the ratchet? might be a good step, so if anything has broke.

Zherdev View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zherdev Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 August 2007 at 12:34pm
It doesnt not happen all the time, though it has lately. I have figured when the air tank gets 3 oz or below the gun will not operate. I checked and all leaks are fixed from the line to the expansion chamber. I cleaned out inside the cyclone feed and it seems to be working properly now. The only thing I would like to know now is what paintballs do you guys use with your A-5s?
Kingtiger View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
Now with 100% more Fail

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kingtiger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 August 2007 at 12:58pm
i have an X7, but they are very similar, and i use mostly second brand paints.
Steam: Kingtiger125
salami View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote salami Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 August 2007 at 6:46pm

my friend had a case of this dusk stuff before, he bought it cheap from like acadamey or walmart, somewhere like that, it was constantly breaking up and jamming his cyclone, a real blender basically, all i can tell you from remembering how much of a mess it was for him its probably not a good idea to try that particular stuff, YMMV as always

remember you sometimes get what you pay for in paintball, cheaper paint will be trouble, the more uniform the paint is to begin with the less likely it will jam or perform poorly in flight

Edited by salami - 06 August 2007 at 6:53pm
DevilHunter View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DevilHunter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 August 2007 at 2:06am
try to get a ball thats matched as closely to the barrel size as possible (if you use flatline get marballizer or evil)
Once you hear the shot, it's already too late... A5 Sniper
Jason Doering View Drop Down

Guested - Language

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jason Doering Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 August 2007 at 4:08am

ya about that what paint do u think would be best for a 12 inch g36c barrel?

jesseat956 View Drop Down
Guested - Language

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jesseat956 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 August 2007 at 2:23pm
happened to me but i started using Big Ball from walmart and havent had a break oh and check ur pressure i dont know maybe it has sumtin to do w/ it?
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic