Tippmann Pneumatics Inc. Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

x7 egrip not functioning

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
dimenic View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dimenic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: x7 egrip not functioning
    Posted: 30 July 2007 at 12:02am
i installed a double trigger on my x7 egrip. made sure the magnet from the trigger was installed correctly. when i turn on the power it flashes green. does nothing when i pull the trigger. it doesnt flash orange when i pull it and the solenoid doesnt activate. any ideas?
dimenic View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dimenic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 July 2007 at 12:20am
after further investigation i found that the magnet in the trigger does not travel close enough to the receptors in the grip. at first i thought the travel distance of the trigger was only being limited because it was hitting the exterior of the handle. i then took it apart and found out that the pin in the assembly that fits in the larger of the two holes (ones for pivot and the other for travel distance) is what is also limiting it from achieving its normal function. how do i fix this or should tippmann take a gander?
dimenic View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dimenic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 July 2007 at 1:36am
i reinstalled the single trigger the grip came with and it works fine. i compared the two triggers and they seem identical.
TheWrAith View Drop Down
Strike one, swearing

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TheWrAith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 July 2007 at 10:56am

sorry Wrong thread, If the triggers look exactly alike, then there should be no problem however, I tried installing a double trigger on my A5 egrip and had no luck, little things kept getting in the way.

Edited by TheWrAith - 30 July 2007 at 10:59am
xXLoganXx View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote xXLoganXx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 August 2007 at 12:47pm

Actually, they are NOT exactly alike! And that's the problem. If you look at the hole where the magnet goes (only magnet visible when installed completely) on the Double Trigger it is off by about 1/8 of an inch. It is causing it to not make contact. You can shave off a little bit of the back of the trigger and the pivot hole inside with a Dremel.. but I wouldn't recommend it to someone that isn't experienced to try it. Also keep in mind.. that the double trigger is for mere comfort and has nothing to do with performance.. you ask me... it's a waste of money and time! Disappointed that Tippmann overlooked the poor design, which should have been "remove and replace" like everything else. I wonder if people WITHOUT the EGrip are having the same problem?

Edited by xXLoganXx - 25 August 2007 at 12:48pm
broken_man View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote broken_man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 August 2007 at 11:32pm
Yeah, me and logan both had the same problem. I've modded my trigger and it works now but I'm working on further mods to get it more responsive. Right now I have to pull the trigger in all the way to get it to trip. I would say you're safe to mess around with it because you always have a back up trigger and trigger plates from the original trigger that came stock with the x7 (if you upgraded to the egrip that it).
::SaM::
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic