FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

The "S" word

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 6>
Author
Roll Tide View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

NEVER had a STRIKE!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roll Tide Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 July 2007 at 10:30pm
Originally posted by MeanMan MeanMan wrote:

Originally posted by Roll Tide Roll Tide wrote:

You seem to be frustrated a lot lately, DeTrev.

Hot pies vs cold pies. This is a tough decision.

Hot pies, with.... Ice cream on the side.

Oh snap! Nice combo.

My personal favorite would have to be key lime pie. Cold, of course.
<Removed sig for violation of Clause 4 of the New Sig Rules>
scrumsguy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scrumsguy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 July 2007 at 10:44pm

Originally posted by stratoaxe stratoaxe wrote:

[QUOTE=A-5R/T]
They're not referring to you as a noob in paintball, they're referring to you as a noob on this forum. And by very definition sniping in paintball cannot exist-

It's really hard to grade a noob in paintball isit the number of times the've played?  Their equipment?  Their tactical knowlidege all three?

I know you will be suprised but yesterday I went to my SECOND GAME

I have my A-5 but I'm very knowlidgeable of tacticts and I have OK eqiupment (a stock A-5 and JT Flex 8 camo) and I was put with the noobs because I was so good! lol I was better than about 3 of the guys who play everyweeked

I Judge by playing with them and see how much paint they use (if they use alot theres a surefire way of seeing how good they are) but I would agree that a sniper thread is a new player that started it.

thanks to everyone for not flaming everyone!

Help support the Youth In Asia!

Member Of Sgt. Peppers Lonely Hearts Club Band

jordanpischke View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jordanpischke Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 July 2007 at 10:48pm

Do you like your flex 8 camo? Some people say it doesn't give good ear and neck coverage.

SSOK View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
The Savior of Christmas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SSOK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 July 2007 at 10:56pm
Originally posted by Tolgak Tolgak wrote:

Originally posted by SSOK SSOK wrote:

There ARE snipers in paintball.

Look at DeTrevnis post in another thread. He explained how at a few big games people use "Sniper cards", and a ref calls them out.

Most of the people that advocate the idea of sniping haven't been to scenarios. How do I know this? They never argue the point you just mentioned.

Fact is, most people want to be snipers because of the idea of picking people off with longer range and higher accuracy. They can't get that, but they still want to be a part of this "elite" group, so they justify the name with other reasons.

The reality is, the only sniping that can be done is by sniper card (which isn't really like sniping because it can take a hell of a lot of time for a ref to reach and eliminate the targeted player), or by raising the velocity. And you can't raise the velocity because it's hard to trust players not to shoot others within 100 feet of you, besides the fact that your paint is way more likely to chop.

I have not tried sniper cards, but IMHO, it seems horribly boring. If sniping was possible, it wouldnt be a ton of fun either, but better than yelling "Hey Ref! That guy in the ACU's is OUT!"

Although adding beach! or SON! to that would make it funner.

Ben Dover1 View Drop Down
Guested - Language

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ben Dover1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 July 2007 at 11:13pm
for some reason when i read this thread i got hungry for pie
A-5R/T View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote A-5R/T Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 July 2007 at 12:34am
Black Swamp Gators
brihard View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Strike 1 - Making stuff up

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote brihard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 July 2007 at 12:47am
Originally posted by A-5R/T A-5R/T wrote:

Click here http://www.specialopspaintball.com/positions/asn.asp To end this debate

Any halfheaded numpty with a penchant for expensive gear and a copmmando fetish can buy crap from special ops and try to pass him off as a sniper. The fact that special ops has worked the word sniper into their (admittedly impressive) marketing scheme adds no credibility to the constant claims about paintball snipers.

If I were to poo on a rag, smear myself in it, gorilla glue a few branches to myself, fall asleep in a shrub somewhere and occasionally wake up long enough to shoot some poor sap who didn't happen to be looking at me, does that make me a sniper? No. So then why does wearing an overpriced ghillie suit and firing an overpriced marker? It doesn't.

Special ops doesn't count for a bloody thing except as an interesting case study as having developed a highly succesful marketing gimmick that has attempted to hijack an entire sector of the sport by pigeonholing people into those retarded 'positions' they pulled out of their collective butt. There are no paintball snipers. I wear camo. I hide in bushes. Doesn't make me a sniper. Using concealment and placing your shots carefully just means you're vaguely competent, and/or have a paint budget. There is nothing you can do in the sport of paintball to make you a sniper- not until you find me a marker that at 300fps or lower can consistently put one shot on top of the next at three hundred feet or more. Hint: It doesn't exist.

EDIT: LOL @ Specops. Their description of 'snipers' is hilarious- not to mention the not so subtle hints that basically add up to "BUY OUR GEAR!!!11!!!one!!' . "Keep your barrel clean". "Used compressed air. "Use a light gun"...

*sigh*

As long as there are newbs, there will be Special Ops Paintball.

Edited by brihard - 29 July 2007 at 12:52am
"Abortion is not "choice" in America. It is forced and the democrats are behind it, with the goal of eugenics at its foundation."

-FreeEnterprise, 21 April 2011.

Yup, he actually said that.
xXK1CK1NVV1NGXx View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Strike 2, 7/17 - quote offensive post

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote xXK1CK1NVV1NGXx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 July 2007 at 12:55am
I agree with bri 100%. Also don't say that you can shoot ball on ball at any
distance accept for point blank because it's not going to happen no matter
what 100 dollar barrel you buy or no matter what bipod you buy, there is no
such thing as a paintball sniper end of discussion.
<Sig violation, Section 1>
Tolgak View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Master of MSPaint and bri's Daddy

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tolgak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 July 2007 at 1:10am
Brihard is full of win in his assessment of Spec Ops. Quoting that company is like quoting the Conservapedia. It's full of bias and lies.

SSOK. The way sniper cards in scenarios works, is you call a ref over to you and he radios the closest ref to the target. Each card you have represents a single shot. It is taken away from you after the shot and in some cases, logged in as a used card. It's the closest thing we can get to really sniping, unless you want to try to create a round that can withstand a 450 fps shot out of a paintball gun, be deadly accurate, create no more of a welt then regular balls, and to get refs to watch players with this sniper equipment.
A-5R/T View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote A-5R/T Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 July 2007 at 1:30am
O' Canada. LOL. I would just like to know why people are so sensitive when it comes to the concept of the "paintball sniper".  I never said that a paintball sniper can shoot farther than other players.  Second of all, spec ops is smart enough to realize that players enjoy playing woodsball as a sniper. Why have they produced so many mods aimed at these players? Because there is a market for it.
Black Swamp Gators
__sneaky__ View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Voted 2010 Most Improved Forumer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote __sneaky__ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 July 2007 at 1:31am

Brihard is right dude, Spec Ops uses the fact that newbs dont really know all that much, and their overzealousness to their advantage, which is a brilliant market strategy, I'll give em that, but that doesnt mean they're right.

and to the "snipers" who just call in people with their dumb little sniper card things or whatever, come on, thats not sniping, sniping takes skill, thats a fat kid sitting in a bush who is to lazy to get a job to pay for a gun...

"I AM a crossdresser." -Reb Cpl

Forum Vice President
A-5R/T View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote A-5R/T Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 July 2007 at 1:41am

I would just like to know why people are so sensitive when it comes to the concept of the "paintball sniper". 

Edited by A-5R/T - 29 July 2007 at 1:48am
Black Swamp Gators
A-5R/T View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote A-5R/T Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 July 2007 at 1:43am

That question is the true reason why i started "The S Word" topic.

Black Swamp Gators
jerseypaint View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jerseypaint Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 July 2007 at 1:45am

Click here http://www.specialopspaintball.com/positions/asn.asp To end this debate

How does an ad for SpecOps end the debate?

As Bri pointed out. Its a gimmick, along with every other position.

Ex. Hammer. To be one, it requires a Double Trouble. But why? So you can lay down cover fire with 30bps. Hell you can reach about the same bps with an electo for half the price and weight.

EDIT: I don't like the term "sniper" in paintball because its a lie. And calling yourself one is only revealing your ignorance.

Edited by jerseypaint - 29 July 2007 at 1:47am
A-5R/T View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote A-5R/T Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 July 2007 at 2:00am

I my self am not a sniper when i play
Second, in my mind, if big name companies like spec ops recognize that snipers do exists in paintball i think that it only strengthens the legitimacy of the position.  People have been playing paintball longer than spec ops has been around, and during that time certain people have been playing like snipers. Paintball snipers where not created from Spec ops marketing campaign, Spec ops marketing campaingn was created because of the paintball snipers.
Black Swamp Gators
A-5R/T View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote A-5R/T Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 July 2007 at 2:01am
But really who's going to be the first one to answer my question?
Black Swamp Gators
ANARCHY_SCOUT View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
strike 1 1/24 rudeness to newer members

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ANARCHY_SCOUT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 July 2007 at 2:03am
Originally posted by bravecoward bravecoward wrote:

Who wants pie?
I already said I want some damn pie.
Gamertag: Kataklysm999
jerseypaint View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jerseypaint Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 July 2007 at 2:09am

Second, in my mind, if big name companies like spec ops recognize that snipers do exists in paintball i think that it only strengthens the legitimacy of the position.

If Microsoft said that the tooth fairy existed, would you believe them?

Quote Paintball snipers where not created from Spec ops marketing campaign, Spec ops marketing campaingn was created because of the paintball snipers.

Snipers never existed in paintball and therefore couldn't have been created. SO marketing was created to make people believe they were snipers to sell their stuff.
A-5R/T View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote A-5R/T Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 July 2007 at 2:11am
So why doesn't any one answer my question? or should i just start a new thread.
Black Swamp Gators
A-5R/T View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote A-5R/T Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 July 2007 at 2:12am

I would just like to know why people are so sensitive when it comes to the concept of the "paintball sniper". 
Black Swamp Gators
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 6>
  Share Topic