FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

The "S" word

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 6>
Author
SSOK View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
The Savior of Christmas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SSOK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 July 2007 at 11:12am

There ARE snipers in paintball.

Look at DeTrevnis post in another thread. He explained how at a few big games people use "Sniper cards", and a ref calls them out.

Mack View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Has no impulse! control

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 July 2007 at 12:34pm
I made pancakes for breakfast.  From scratch.  They were good.  I cooked up some quarter sized ones so my grand daughter could have finger food.
Dye Playa View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Guested- Reposted Inapropiate Link.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dye Playa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 July 2007 at 12:36pm
Originally posted by Mack Mack wrote:

I made pancakes for breakfast.  From scratch.  They were good.  I cooked up some quarter sized ones so my grand daughter could have finger food.

Your a grandpa?
jordanpischke View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jordanpischke Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 July 2007 at 1:17pm
Originally posted by DeTrevni DeTrevni wrote:

I'm sorry for feeding the troll, but there's one aspect that drives me crazy. This right here:

Originally posted by A-5R/T A-5R/T wrote:

but he still values the art of concealment and field craft

THIS IS WHAT EVERY PAINTBALL PLAYER IS SUPPOSED TO DO! Even the speedballers. Kthnxbye.

BC: I sure would like some pie.

Its funny every person who makes a thread like this always says the same thing. They shoot from a concealed point ect, but they dont realize that everyone does that. Thats why there are bunkers to hide behind.

MeanMan View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MeanMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 July 2007 at 1:40pm

Dont you guys just love how within their first 10 posts, every noob posts about snipers.

hybrid-sniper~"To be honest, if I see a player still using an Impulse I'm going to question their motives."
battlefreak View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote battlefreak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 July 2007 at 1:44pm
Originally posted by bravecoward bravecoward wrote:

I have apple, cherry, blueberry and some black berry cobbler
Do you have this?
Roll Tide View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

NEVER had a STRIKE!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roll Tide Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 July 2007 at 1:47pm
You seem to be frustrated a lot lately, DeTrev.

Hot pies vs cold pies. This is a tough decision.
<Removed sig for violation of Clause 4 of the New Sig Rules>
Ben Dover1 View Drop Down
Guested - Language

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ben Dover1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 July 2007 at 1:48pm
hey Ghost Rider, how are those hats workin for you?
A-5R/T View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote A-5R/T Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 July 2007 at 2:28pm
First of all I my self am not a sniper when i play and i have been playing for over 10 years so calling me noob dosen't fly. Second of all hiding behind inflatable bunkers and wooden pallets is not the same as using the environment for cover. Any one can sit behind something and shoot but it takes skill to find natural cover and be able to use it effectivley.  I still think that snipers in paintball are legitimate.

Edited by A-5R/T - 28 July 2007 at 2:28pm
Black Swamp Gators
battlefreak View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote battlefreak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 July 2007 at 2:34pm
Originally posted by Roll Tide Roll Tide wrote:

You seem to be frustrated a lot lately, DeTrev. Hot pies vs cold pies. This is a tough decision.
i personaly like hot
bravecoward View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
oxymoran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bravecoward Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 July 2007 at 3:18pm
well some of you noobs stop taking this thread seriously.
Cheesecake>cobbler>hot pie> cold pie

thats how the chain of desserts
stratoaxe View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
And my axe...

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stratoaxe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 July 2007 at 3:23pm

First of all I my self am not a sniper when i play and i have been playing for over 10 years so calling me noob dosen't fly. Second of all hiding behind inflatable bunkers and wooden pallets is not the same as using the environment for cover. Any one can sit behind something and shoot but it takes skill to find natural cover and be able to use it effectivley.  I still think that snipers in paintball are legitimate.

They're not referring to you as a noob in paintball, they're referring to you as a noob on this forum. And by very definition sniping in paintball cannot exist-

Originally posted by Wikipedia Wikipedia wrote:

A sniper is an infantry soldier who specializes in shooting from a concealed position over longer ranges than regular infantry, often with a specially designed or adapted sniper rifle

While yes you can shoot from a concealed position, a sniper also shoots from long ranges, which is impossibe with just about any paintball marker.

What you're describing is merely hiding in the bushes waiting on someone to get close enough to shoot. That's an ambush, not a sniper.

Oh, and-

Using inflatable bunkers for cover=Speedball

Using the enviroment=Woodsball

/feeding troll

Edited by stratoaxe - 28 July 2007 at 3:23pm
__sneaky__ View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Voted 2010 Most Improved Forumer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote __sneaky__ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 July 2007 at 3:40pm

Oh. So every single player in woodsball history has been a sniper? sept for the retarded kids? Hiding behind a tree doesnt take any more thought or skill than it does to hide behind an overgrown balloon. The only differance is, in the woods, you got a whole lot more possible places to hide, and they're not painted yellow and red.
"I AM a crossdresser." -Reb Cpl

Forum Vice President
Yomillio View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Retard

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Yomillio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 July 2007 at 4:13pm
I use the environment to the best of my ability, and I don't think I'm a sniper.
DeTrevni View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
b-YOU-ick. Was that so hard?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DeTrevni Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 July 2007 at 5:35pm

It's that time of the month.

>.>

<.<

O.o

Evil Elvis: "Detrevni is definally like a hillbilly hippy from hell"

Ben Dover1 View Drop Down
Guested - Language

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ben Dover1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 July 2007 at 8:25pm

Ghost rider you never answered my question.

Tolgak View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Master of MSPaint and bri's Daddy

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tolgak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 July 2007 at 9:02pm
Originally posted by SSOK SSOK wrote:

There ARE snipers in paintball.

Look at DeTrevnis post in another thread. He explained how at a few big games people use "Sniper cards", and a ref calls them out.

Most of the people that advocate the idea of sniping haven't been to scenarios. How do I know this? They never argue the point you just mentioned.

Fact is, most people want to be snipers because of the idea of picking people off with longer range and higher accuracy. They can't get that, but they still want to be a part of this "elite" group, so they justify the name with other reasons.

The reality is, the only sniping that can be done is by sniper card (which isn't really like sniping because it can take a hell of a lot of time for a ref to reach and eliminate the targeted player), or by raising the velocity. And you can't raise the velocity because it's hard to trust players not to shoot others within 100 feet of you, besides the fact that your paint is way more likely to chop.
netramakin View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote netramakin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 July 2007 at 9:47pm

This is actually argued better than usual.  I've read many of the "S" threads and haven't really cared to have an opinion on the subject before, but if someone wants to suit up in some ghillie (and use it effectively; I wouldn't know how), find positions that are difficult to reach quickly by the enemy (instead of using distance, using natural terrain as a buffer), take out high valued targets (in a scenario) with a marker that's quiet and therefore difficult to pinpoint the location of and then get away clean...I'd let 'em call himself a sniper.  Flame away.

"I'm a riddle so strong, you can't break me."
MeanMan View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MeanMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 July 2007 at 9:50pm

Hot pies, with.... Ice cream on the side.

hybrid-sniper~"To be honest, if I see a player still using an Impulse I'm going to question their motives."
brihard View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Strike 1 - Making stuff up

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote brihard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 July 2007 at 10:01pm

Kinda sounds like what I do any time I play woodsball, and I'm no sniper- but what do I know? Most of us in the infantry are kind of dumb.
"Abortion is not "choice" in America. It is forced and the democrats are behind it, with the goal of eugenics at its foundation."

-FreeEnterprise, 21 April 2011.

Yup, he actually said that.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 6>
  Share Topic