Tippmann Pneumatics Inc. Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

The "S" word

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 456
Author
KillerBD View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KillerBD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 July 2007 at 2:08pm

Originally posted by Mack Mack wrote:

Thank you.  My secret is that I have no life.

Wow, I didn't read that whole thing... But I still stand by my original opinion, their can be snipers in paintball. You may disagree but thats your own OPINION.

correction thats not my opinion, its a fact (runs away before catching more flak)

Tippmann A-5:
>Tapco CAR stock.
>W.A.S. board, E-grip.
>Spyder Remote Line.
>Smart Parts 20" barrel.
>Other custom mods.
__sneaky__ View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Voted 2010 Most Improved Forumer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote __sneaky__ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 July 2007 at 3:30pm
Originally posted by KillerBD KillerBD wrote:

Wow, I didn't read that whole thing... But I still stand by my original opinion, their can be snipers in paintball. You may disagree but thats your own OPINION.

correction thats not my opinion, its a fact (runs away before catching more flak) Funny, thats what my bible teacher told me one time. (think about it)

By your deffinition, a guy who hides and "Picks people off" is a sniper.... right? so, apparently, everyone in woodsball is a sniper, why dont you people relize, everyone hides in paintball no matter how well they seem to do it or not, they're still trying to hide, and they shoot at people, thats the whole point, to take out the opponents.

EVERYONE DOES THAT! so by your own deffinition, its not sniping we should be debating here, its non snipers that dont exsist, because almost every woodsball player at one point or another did the things that you yourself say, make them a sniper.

"I AM a crossdresser." -Reb Cpl

Forum Vice President
Mack View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Has no impulse! control

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 July 2007 at 3:57pm

Wow, I didn't read that whole thing...*

Translation: I don't really understand the argument presented which proves that snipers don't exist in paintball, but I don't care anyway because I am impervious to logic. 

But I still stand by my original opinion, their can be snipers in paintball.

Translation:  Being impervious to logic, I choose not to offer logical arguments in response to this but instead merely continue to insist that I am right based on the fact that I can't understand the basic theory behind logical debates.

You may disagree but thats your own OPINION.

Translation:  I am now doing the internet equivalent of balling up my fists and jumping up and down while repeating the words "I'm right."

correction thats not my opinion, its a fact

Tranlation:  I'm still jumping up and down and going "I'm right, I'm right, I'm right" in hopes that mindless repetition will make everyone forget that I can't support my opinion with logic or evidence.

(runs away before catching more flak)

Translation:  I forum the same way most so called paintball snipers plays paintball;  by hiding like a sissy-chicken and not really getting involved in what's going on.

*This comment destroyed the meager remnants of your already tattered credibility. 

Edited by Mack - 31 July 2007 at 3:59pm
brihard View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Strike 1 - Making stuff up

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote brihard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 July 2007 at 5:43pm

correction thats not my opinion, its a fact (runs away before catching more flak)

You are entitled to your own opinion. You are not entitled to your own set of facts.
"Abortion is not "choice" in America. It is forced and the democrats are behind it, with the goal of eugenics at its foundation."

-FreeEnterprise, 21 April 2011.

Yup, he actually said that.
KillerBD View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KillerBD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 July 2007 at 7:34pm

Translation: I don't really understand the argument presented which proves that snipers don't exist in paintball, but I don't care anyway because I am impervious to logic. 

Translation:  Being impervious to logic, I choose not to offer logical arguments in response to this but instead merely continue to insist that I am right based on the fact that I can't understand the basic theory behind logical debates.

Translation:  I am now doing the internet equivalent of balling up my fists and jumping up and down while repeating the words "I'm right."

Tranlation:  I'm still jumping up and down and going "I'm right, I'm right, I'm right" in hopes that mindless repetition will make everyone forget that I can't support my opinion with logic or evidence.

Translation:  I forum the same way most so called paintball snipers plays paintball;  by hiding like a sissy-chicken and not really getting involved in what's going on.

*This comment destroyed the meager remnants of your already tattered credibility. 

Translation: I am closed minded I believe that I am wright in reguards with this argument. Anyone who disagrees with me or my logic shall face the wrath of God. For I believe that I am God on this forum and I can translate written text into different words that people are really thinking..... Or I'm just ignorant, one of the two...

Interesting translations point well taken

Fyi no I didn't read the whole statement because I could care less. Mainly because many (not all) people on this forum spend more time arguing about paintball and shooting down other paintballers ideas rather than playing the game for what it is.

Sorry for rant.

Tippmann A-5:
>Tapco CAR stock.
>W.A.S. board, E-grip.
>Spyder Remote Line.
>Smart Parts 20" barrel.
>Other custom mods.
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote __sneaky__ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 August 2007 at 10:43am

Translation: I am closed minded I believe that I am wright in reguards with this argument. Anyone who disagrees with me or my logic shall face the wrath of God. For I believe that I am God on this forum and I can translate written text into different words that people are really thinking..... Or I'm just ignorant, one of the two...

Fyi no I didn't read the whole statement because I could care less. Mainly because many (not all) people on this forum spend more time arguing about paintball and shooting down other paintballers ideas rather than playing the game for what it is.

Sorry for rant.

Now thats just not true, half of the members here are 10+ year vets of the game, and the other half never play because of better things to do, to spend our time.

Forum Vice President
Mack View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Has no impulse! control

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 August 2007 at 11:33am
Note:  I assigned KillerBD's responses within my post the blue color to prevent confusion.

Translation: I am closed minded

Only to arguments that are based on the internet equivalent of childish tantrums as opposed to facts/logic.

I believe that I am wright in reguards with this argument.

Actually, I believe I am right in regards to this argument.  (As an off-topic question, how can you still have spelling errors when the forum underlines many misspelled words for you?)

Anyone who disagrees with me or my logic shall face the wrath of God.

Interesting postulation, but incorrect.  Those who disagree with me do not face the wrath of God, but may have to face the logic of Mack. (McLogic)

For I believe that I am God

No, not really.  I believe that I represent the side of the paintball sniper debate that, in this case, actually tried to support their position with something more substantial than "I'm right 'cause I think I'm right."

on this forum and I can translate written text into different words that people are really thinking.....

I never claimed to know what you are thinking.  I did however use sarcasm to point out the fallacies/inconsistencies/lack of support contained within your arguments.

Or I'm just ignorant,

Name calling . . . hmmm . . . you now have me writhing in the grasp of your superior debating skills.  (Sarcasm)

one of the two...

Fyi no I didn't read the whole statement because I could care less.

Then why do you keep arguing this point?

Mainly because many (not all) people on this forum spend more time arguing about paintball and shooting down other paintballers ideas rather than playing the game for what it is.

Everyone is entitled to their own opinion.  What everyone is not entitled to, as pointed out earlier by Brihard, is expressing that opinion and having it instantly and unquestionably accepted by others.  Once someone leaves the safety of their metaphorical cave, they should expect challenges.  When challenged, they should not be surprised to find that others fail to agree with their preconceived notions.  They should also not be surprised to find that others, not considering the individual in question as special as they consider themselves to be*, expect that individual to provide some type of logic/proof/evidence to support those positions/opinions that differ from the ones that the others consider valid. 

Failing to provide the aforementioned proof will invariably result in the non-acceptance of the individual's position.  Insistence that the individual is right for no other reason than the individual thinks he is right, combined with admitting to not even considering/evaluating the opposing viewpoints, can result in derision and mockery as well.

*Yes, this was intentionally written to be capable of multiple interpretations.

Sorry for rant.

Then why do you keep doing it?

You are allowed to believe what you want, so are we.  If you post your opinion in a manner that indicates you consider it to be the fact and others are wrong . . .

. . . I still stand by my original opinion, their can be snipers in paintball.

. . . then others have a right to challenge it.

If you are willing to debate your position with arguments more substantial than what you have presented, you might find that you are taken more seriously.

Edited Note:

Originally posted by __sneaky__ __sneaky__ wrote:

. . . trust me . . . they're just gunna keep beaten the crap out of the dead horse we call "Your side"
I'm not.

Hmmm, I guess I was wrong about that part.

Edited by Mack - 01 August 2007 at 11:49am
SSOK View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
The Savior of Christmas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SSOK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 August 2007 at 11:44am

Originally posted by SSOK SSOK wrote:

Does anyone ever get Mack and merc confused? I do when im reading who posted the thread and who posted last, but get it sorted out when I click on the thread.

If the confusion results in everyone assuming that merc is the one without a life, that's okay.  If it results in people not understanding that I am the much cooler one of the two, then it is not.

. . . which one was I again?

Oh, there's the Evilkat sig, I must be Mack.

Evilkat>Nessy

KillerBD View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KillerBD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 August 2007 at 3:28pm

I surrender.

fyi I was sorta kidding about this:

statement, dont take it too seriously.

Edited by KillerBD - 01 August 2007 at 3:29pm
Tippmann A-5:
>Tapco CAR stock.
>W.A.S. board, E-grip.
>Spyder Remote Line.
>Smart Parts 20" barrel.
>Other custom mods.
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote __sneaky__ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 August 2007 at 10:09pm

I surrender.

which means you lost, you relize that, and now to attempt to save face so you dont look like and idiot you pretend that you where kidding.

Forum Vice President
KillerBD View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KillerBD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 August 2007 at 1:02am
Originally posted by __sneaky__ __sneaky__ wrote:

I surrender.

which means you lost, you relize that, and now to attempt to save face so you dont look like and idiot you pretend that you where kidding.

^^^^^^

(Shakes fist in air and asks god why)

No and no, I'm not admitting "I lost" I'm just tired of arguing. So I think its just best to leave it at whatever OPINION you happen to have.

and AGAIN fyi I was definitly kidding about that statement, hence the little yellow headed winking emoticon.

My original opinion remans the same.

Edited by KillerBD - 02 August 2007 at 1:04am
Tippmann A-5:
>Tapco CAR stock.
>W.A.S. board, E-grip.
>Spyder Remote Line.
>Smart Parts 20" barrel.
>Other custom mods.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 456
  Share Topic