11 [91.67%]
1 [8.33%]
You can not vote in this poll

Author
GI JOES SON View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Got me flowers for my birthday

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GI JOES SON Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: std rate at my college
    Posted: 27 July 2007 at 5:19pm

so im going to hofstra in the fall and everyone says that 1 out of 2 students has an std. but then we found out from the wellness center (aid station) this:

hofstra is located in the town of hempstead, which includes numerous towns within it, and my university offers free testing to anyone within these towns. so when they make they're report and say 6000 out of 13000 students has an std, its really 6000 out of everyone in the town of hempstead, however many it may be

my question is, should they make a seperate poll of students who have an std and another for non-students? i think they should but they dont due to a privacy act, which i dont understand. it just says that A student had an std, it doesnt say so and so ID #00001 had an std.

thoughts?

Ash Ketchum View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ash Ketchum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 July 2007 at 5:24pm
The fact that it is an issue at all should throw up warning signs.

Only end up in a situation where a disease could potentially be trasmitted with someone you know/care about, and always use protection.  
636andy636. View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
Guested 10/24/07: Inappropriate Word Use

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 636andy636. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 July 2007 at 5:27pm
Wow looks like your school should hand out condoms to everyone. 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GI JOES SON Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 July 2007 at 5:56pm
its not that its really bad, but when you factor in X number of people, which im guessing is around 1 million, since its a DENSLY populated area
hoginds24 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
who’s the ph00l now?!?!?!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hoginds24 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 July 2007 at 6:56pm
Haha, Hofstra, my sister graduated from there last year. She said not only is there alot of std's but she said that scientists or whoever found a new strand, the "Hofstra STD." Then again that's just what she's told me. Good luck and wrap it up!
Jack Carver View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jack Carver Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 July 2007 at 7:31pm
Are you sure they don't ask people a simple "are you a student at Hofstra" yes/no, when they come to get tested? I mean 1 out of 2 students is a pretty bold claim to make, you'd think they would make sure it was right.
youm0nt View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

MY CAPS LOCK IS STUCK HELP!!!!!!!!!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote youm0nt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 July 2007 at 7:39pm
gi joe where are you from? yes, make 2 seperate polls
carl_the_sniper View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Strike 1 - 7/29, Bad Linky

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote carl_the_sniper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 July 2007 at 8:27pm
Hehe... hempstead
<just say no to unnecessarily sexualized sigs>
Ghost-Rider View Drop Down
Strike 2, Filter Dodge 8/12

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ghost-Rider Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 July 2007 at 8:37pm
Got itch and burn ? ownt...

Edited by Ghost-Rider - 27 July 2007 at 8:38pm
jordanpischke View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jordanpischke Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 July 2007 at 8:47pm
Yes they should have 2 polls, because some people would be amazed/disgusted by those figures.
Cedric View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Unit

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cedric Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 July 2007 at 12:01am
Like you need to worry.

Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GI JOES SON Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 July 2007 at 12:05am

jack, im sure they do but they dont put it in as a seperate thing on the talley list, god knows why, its part of a privacy thing

youmont, im from long island, right around the middle, exit 60 on I-495

Dom View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 July 2007 at 12:27am
They should probably ask if you have gone to hofstra on those questionaires the Red Cross gives out before you can donate blood. Right along the lines of visiting Africa and stuff.
Commander_Cool View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Commander_Cool Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 July 2007 at 1:59am

...why on God's green earth would you want to go to Hofstra?

Also where on LI are you from? We were asking for a town,... the exits can take you to many towns be more specific... I probably live around 10 minutes from you... if you go south (Sayville FTW).

Edited by Commander_Cool - 28 July 2007 at 2:02am
2005 Freestyle
Naughty Dawg Freestyle
Angel LCD
SP-8
Tippmann 98 Custom
hoginds24 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
who’s the ph00l now?!?!?!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hoginds24 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 July 2007 at 9:52am
Originally posted by Commander_Cool Commander_Cool wrote:

Also where on LI are you from? We were asking for a town,... the exits can take you to many towns be more specific... I probably live around 10 minutes from you... if you go south (Sayville FTW).

Its a good Comm school...
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GI JOES SON Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 July 2007 at 10:18am
Originally posted by Commander_Cool Commander_Cool wrote:

Also where on LI are you from? We were asking for a town,... the exits can take you to many towns be more specific... I probably live around 10 minutes from you... if you go south (Sayville FTW).

because teh armys paying for it for me to do rotc and its the only school on the island with army rotc. i live in holbrook

sporx View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sporx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 July 2007 at 10:54am
wear a rubber. wear two for safety.
Commander_Cool View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Commander_Cool Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 July 2007 at 11:13am
Wearing 2 is a bad idea, friction between them increases the likelyhood of tearing.
2005 Freestyle
Naughty Dawg Freestyle
Angel LCD
SP-8
Tippmann 98 Custom
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic