Tippmann Pneumatics Inc. Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Hats Came Today Yay.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 5678>
Author
Ghost-Rider View Drop Down
Strike 2, Filter Dodge 8/12

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ghost-Rider Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 July 2007 at 8:12pm
Lexus is crap dude, no different than a regular japanese car...i don't get why people obsess over them.
Roll Tide View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

NEVER had a STRIKE!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roll Tide Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 July 2007 at 8:24pm
Originally posted by Gatyr Gatyr wrote:

Originally posted by Roll Tide Roll Tide wrote:

Do you care if the car is safe?

That would fall under the "few other things" category. As of now, the only things I really mention as far as aspects of a car go, the things saving my money take priority (in mentioning) over saving my life.

That's what I thought, I was just clarifying.

No need to be a smartass, Glassjaw.
<Removed sig for violation of Clause 4 of the New Sig Rules>
choopie911 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Commie Canuck

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote choopie911 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 July 2007 at 8:29pm
Originally posted by Ghost-Rider Ghost-Rider wrote:

Lexus is crap dude, no different than a regular japanese car...i don't get why people obsess over them.

They're toyota, so they're reliable and efficient. That's why.
__sneaky__ View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Voted 2010 Most Improved Forumer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote __sneaky__ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 July 2007 at 8:33pm
Originally posted by choopie911 choopie911 wrote:

efficient maybe, But I've never heard anyone who owned one say anything about how much they liked it, or how it was a great car. Dont get me wrong here, I love mustangs but most of fords cars (sept for like... 3 or 4) suck. But that doesnt mean that all american cars suck or that japanease cars are good... 
"I AM a crossdresser." -Reb Cpl

Forum Vice President
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Commie Canuck

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote choopie911 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 July 2007 at 8:44pm
I've heard nothing but good things about toyota, and experienced nothing but good things. Heck, I have a 1982 corolla that has an engine that still runs perfectly despite having tons and tons of mileage, and me leaving the battery, oil and gas in it over the winter when it hit -45. Still started up fine in the summer, and its still being driven now.
Glassjaw View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Took down Mike Tyson

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Glassjaw Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 July 2007 at 8:51pm
Originally posted by __sneaky__ __sneaky__ wrote:

efficient maybe, But I've never heard anyone who owned one say anything about how much they liked it, or how it was a great car. Dont get me wrong here, I love mustangs but most of fords cars (sept for like... 3 or 4) suck. But that doesnt mean that all american cars suck or that japanease cars are good... 

I hear nothing except about how reliable they are.
The desire for polyester is just to powerful.
Shub View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
I donít have one either. Is that good???

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shub Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 July 2007 at 9:57pm
Originally posted by DeTrevni DeTrevni wrote:

Originally posted by SandMan SandMan wrote:

Both my Grand Prix GXP and out Mustang GT were assembled in Canada from parts made in Canada, Mexico, and the USA.
Yes, but that Pontiac Vibe is an exact clone of the Toyota Matrix. Even uses the same motor. I guess it varies between models.

The Pontiac Vibe was built for GM by Toyota at the same plant as the Matrix. GM has a history of doing this...look at Geo back in the early 90s. They were Toyotas (Prizm) and Suzukis (Tracker) sold at Chevy dealerships. I know that many GM 3.1 and 3.4 V6's as of ~2000 are built in China now.

Edited by Shub - 26 July 2007 at 10:13pm
SandMan View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Semper Fidelis

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SandMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 July 2007 at 10:00pm

I've heard nothing but good things about toyota, and experienced nothing but good things. Heck, I have a 1982 corolla that has an engine that still runs perfectly despite having tons and tons of mileage, and me leaving the battery, oil and gas in it over the winter when it hit -45. Still started up fine in the summer, and its still being driven now.

Both of our Toyotas had problems...

Most notably the 2001 Celica GT we bought brand new. It was at the dealership 6 times in the first year.

Then our 1987 MR2 threw a rod through the block at 120k miles... Now, it was an 87 with 120k miles, but still... Not exactly the picture of reliability.

Just my experiences.
Real Men Love Cheeses
Roll Tide View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

NEVER had a STRIKE!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roll Tide Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 July 2007 at 10:09pm
Originally posted by SandMan SandMan wrote:

Both of our Toyotas had problems...

Most notably the 2001 Celica GT we bought brand new. It was at the dealership 6 times in the first year.

Then our 1987 MR2 threw a rod through the block at 120k miles... Now, it was an 87 with 120k miles, but still... Not exactly the picture of reliability.

Just my experiences.

I've always viewed Celicas and MR2s as not great quality anyway. You can't deny the reliability of the Corolla or the Camry.
Shub View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shub Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 July 2007 at 10:12pm

I'd way rather own a Tacoma or Tundra over a F-150 any day of the week.

Actually, I've heard lots of bad things about the new Tundra. It seems quality control is an issue even for Toyota recently.
Gunchicken View Drop Down

Guested 7-26

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gunchicken Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 July 2007 at 10:26pm
were did you get those hats from?
Roll Tide View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

NEVER had a STRIKE!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roll Tide Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 July 2007 at 10:45pm
If I was in the market for a truck, I would buy the Nissan Titan. 
SSOK View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
The Savior of Christmas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SSOK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 July 2007 at 10:59pm

I love this thread. Its like Hitler (Chewp) against Stalin (Sp?) (Ghost Rider and others).

For those of you who do not understand what I meant, Im not calling Chewp a Nazi, Im just saying that both of them will defend their cars to death.

Sadly, I have the Idiots on my side of the political spectrum.

I love Fords, and yes, they do have some lemons. Although Chewp, you must admit that Toyota isn't perfect either.

travis75 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
Dear Penthouse....

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote travis75 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 July 2007 at 11:10pm
You guys already know my stance, especially when it comes to mid-80s Toyota pickup trucks.  Do I need to post the Top Gear video again?

Also, if Chewp is Hitler in this thread, I am definitely a Nazi.   I hope we have enos too.
Hey MPAA, Guess what?

09 f9 11 02 9d 74 e3 5b d8 41 56 c5 63 56 88 c0!
Shub View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shub Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 July 2007 at 11:11pm
Last I heard, Enos drove an S-10.
Ken Majors View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
Tree? What tree? OW!!!! Dangit!!!!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ken Majors Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 July 2007 at 11:36pm
I own American cars.

I have owned Japanese cars too.

Had an 89 Camry that I am quite sure is still running perfectly somewhere. 200k for me and it was like new when I traded it.

My only complaint about Japanese cars is the service recommendations and costs are very high.
Replacing the timing belt every 60k miles can get expensive. Although that is cheap compared to what Subaru makes you do every 30k miles. We had a 2001 Subaru Outback and the 30k mile service was $600.
Would have been more if we had them do the synthetic gearcase lube that was recommended. They lube alone was $300!!!
After replacing 3 oxygen sensors before it reached 60k miles we got rid of it. Each O2 sensor cost $200 and the car had 6 of them. None of which are warrantied.

Why don't Japanese car manufacturers use timing chains instead of belts? I'm no engineer but I have never changed a timing chain in any of my American cars and I have had vehicles that have lasted for 200k+ with no issues.
And the gas savings that I got from the Subaru were quickly spent on service work.

I like any car that is safe and dependable.
Just my $0.02cents.
RLTW
Man Bites Dog View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
The forumer formely known as TKD

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Man Bites Dog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 July 2007 at 12:17am
Originally posted by Glassjaw Glassjaw wrote:

Originally posted by Roll Tide Roll Tide wrote:

Originally posted by Gatyr Gatyr wrote:

Originally posted by Man Bites Dog Man Bites Dog wrote:

I would like confirmation from someone that I am not the only person here who does not giving a flying hoot about car brands?

I got mine because of its record and price, not because of any sort of logo on the thing.

I'm with you. I don't care at all about any of this crap, as long as the car works and gets good mileage, along with a few other things.

Do you care if the car is safe?

In all honesty, a working AC ranks higher than safety when looking for a car.
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Commie Canuck

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote choopie911 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 July 2007 at 12:24am
No car company is perfect, I know that. Every company will make a shoddy model or two, or more. Every good model will still have lemons, it happens. It's the frequency that is the issue.
stratoaxe View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
And my axe...

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stratoaxe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 July 2007 at 2:32am
I buy cars based on performance and looks, and I buy every bit of extended warranty I get, so in the end the company's reliability record means nothing to me.

And on the topic of Ford trucks, my dad has owned nothing but Fords since I was a kid. Not fanboying here (because I generally dislike Ford, especially the trucks), but he's never had a minute's problem out of any of them.

And you can't have a car discussion without taking into account personal taste-some people (including myself) just don't like the look and feel of most Japanese imports. Now European cars are a completely different discussion, but if you can afford a new Mercedes or BMW, you're probably not looking at any of the cars in this thread anyway.
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Commie Canuck

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote choopie911 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 July 2007 at 2:38am
Originally posted by stratoaxe stratoaxe wrote:

I buy cars based on performance and looks, and I buy every bit of extended warranty I get, so in the end the company's reliability record means nothing to me.And on the topic of Ford trucks, my dad has owned nothing but Fords since I was a kid. Not fanboying here (because I generally dislike Ford, especially the trucks), but he's never had a minute's problem out of any of them. And you can't have a car discussion without taking into account personal taste-some people (including myself) just don't like the look and feel of most Japanese imports. Now European cars are a completely different discussion, but if you can afford a new Mercedes or BMW, you're probably not looking at any of the cars in this thread anyway.

VW
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 5678>
  Share Topic