FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Hats Came Today Yay.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 8>
Author
SandMan View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Semper Fidelis

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SandMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 July 2007 at 3:19pm
Both my Grand Prix GXP and our Mustang GT were assembled in Canada from parts made in Canada, Mexico, and the USA.

Edited by SandMan - 26 July 2007 at 3:48pm
Real Men Love Cheeses
DeTrevni View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
b-YOU-ick. Was that so hard?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DeTrevni Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 July 2007 at 3:21pm
Originally posted by SandMan SandMan wrote:

Both my Grand Prix GXP and out Mustang GT were assembled in Canada from parts made in Canada, Mexico, and the USA.
Yes, but that Pontiac Vibe is an exact clone of the Toyota Matrix. Even uses the same motor. I guess it varies between models.

Edited by DeTrevni - 26 July 2007 at 3:21pm
Evil Elvis: "Detrevni is definally like a hillbilly hippy from hell"

Ghost-Rider View Drop Down
Strike 2, Filter Dodge 8/12

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ghost-Rider Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 July 2007 at 3:22pm
You lose.
karll View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Extra "L" for sale. PM with offer.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote karll Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 July 2007 at 3:22pm
Ghost rider, would you ever buy a Mazda?
PlentifulBalls "It's cool, I'll be dead before I'm not pretty."
Gatyr "Stupid things exist."

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ghost-Rider Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 July 2007 at 3:23pm
It would have to be a newer one.Ford owns them.
karll View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Extra "L" for sale. PM with offer.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote karll Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 July 2007 at 3:26pm
Originally posted by Ghost-Rider Ghost-Rider wrote:

Yea, that's why I asked. Just curious.
PlentifulBalls "It's cool, I'll be dead before I'm not pretty."
Gatyr "Stupid things exist."

SandMan View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Semper Fidelis

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SandMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 July 2007 at 3:27pm
Yeah, doesn't surprise me that they would order some parts from Japan rather than designing and building their own, though they would limit the value of those parts to reduce tariffs. There for a long time, all of the Big 3 had partnerships with Japanese companies.

The Geo Metro (GM) and the Suzuki Swift were the same car.

The Plymouth Laser (MOPAR), Eagle Talon (MOPAR), and Mitsubishi Eclipse were the same car.

The Ford Fiesta was a clone of a Japanese designed car, too, but I can't remember which one. I think it was a Hyundai.

Edited by SandMan - 26 July 2007 at 3:28pm
Real Men Love Cheeses
Bounty View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bounty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 July 2007 at 3:32pm
I find it funny how so many people have a problem with Ford after they have time and time again proven themselves all over the automotive market.
Susan Storm View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
Shot at Love Contestant

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Susan Storm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 July 2007 at 3:33pm

So the change in ownership instantly changed the quality of the cars...?

I never could understand this "OMG JAPANESE CARS!" emotion.

"No society can surely be flourishing and happy, of which the far greater part of the members are poor and miserable."

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ghost-Rider Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 July 2007 at 3:34pm
Originally posted by Bounty Bounty wrote:

I find it funny how so many people have a problem with Ford after they have time and time again proven themselves all over the automotive market.

Cause they pose a threat on their little Japanese cars.
Bounty View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bounty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 July 2007 at 3:39pm
Originally posted by Susan Storm Susan Storm wrote:

So the change in ownership instantly changed the quality of the cars...?

I never could understand this "OMG JAPANESE CARS!" emotion.

Actually yes, depending on who buys them out changes alot in that company. Ford isn't going to just allow one of their companies to continue building low quality vehicles (Im being hypothetical here, not bashing on Mazdas past) they are going to make sure this company shapes up or else its money out of their pockets.
Man Bites Dog View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
The forumer formely known as TKD

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Man Bites Dog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 July 2007 at 3:46pm
I drive a Ford and have been quite impressed with it.

I also have driven a Honda, and have been impressed with it.
SandMan View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Semper Fidelis

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SandMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 July 2007 at 3:48pm

Ford has a horrible track record with me and my family with one important exception... My wife's Mustang GT is the most trouble free new car we've ever purchased.
Real Men Love Cheeses

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ghost-Rider Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 July 2007 at 3:49pm
I'm not TOTALLY downing Honda, when it comes to off road machines, such as quads, bikes ect. Honda is my first and only company im buying from.They make bulletproof quads and such.
Gold Member
Gold Member
Shot at Love Contestant

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Susan Storm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 July 2007 at 3:50pm

I wasn't aware that Ford had "proven themselves" at all...?

But I don't think most people have a problem with Ford.  What we have a problem with are Ford-geeks (or Chevy-geeks) that are irrationally attached to their arbitrarily chosen brand.

"No society can surely be flourishing and happy, of which the far greater part of the members are poor and miserable."

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ghost-Rider Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 July 2007 at 3:53pm
Yes, there is that Ford Vs. Chevy war, but my grandpa worked for GM , we had had dodge before as well.Out of all the big 3 our Fords have been the best,of course i have to be slightly bias to Ford as my dad is an engineer for Fords but still, we have owned cars from all the big 3 and Ford has proven itself.

Edited by Ghost-Rider - 26 July 2007 at 3:56pm
Bounty View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bounty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 July 2007 at 3:55pm
Originally posted by SandMan SandMan wrote:

Ford has a horrible track record with me and my family with one important exception... My wife's Mustang GT is the most trouble free new car we've ever purchased.

Every car company has cars that dont perform well 100% of the time but when it comes to my family we have loved all our fords. My Dads F-150, his previous F-150, my 87 Crown Vic gave me minimal trouble especially for a 20 year old car (most impressive thing Ive seen) my SVT Focus has been great and I have to mention my friends 300K mile Ford that hasnt needed much more than an oil change in its lifetime. These are just a few of the Fords too.

Then of course when you look at the company and its past, such as Ferarris challenge, you have to agree this is no crap company.
Gold Member
Gold Member
Shot at Love Contestant

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Susan Storm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 July 2007 at 3:57pm

Yes, there is that Ford Vs. Chevy war, but my grandpa worked for GM , we had had dodge before as well.Out of all the big 3 our Fords have been the best,of course i have to be slightly bias to Ford as my dad is an engineer for Fords but still, we have owned cars from all the big 3 and Ford had proven itself.

And how many NON-big-3 cars have you owned?

Bounty View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bounty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 July 2007 at 3:57pm
Originally posted by Susan Storm Susan Storm wrote:

I wasn't aware that Ford had "proven themselves" at all...?

But I don't think most people have a problem with Ford.  What we have a problem with are Ford-geeks (or Chevy-geeks) that are irrationally attached to their arbitrarily chosen brand.

I can go into detail on their successes if you would like.

Also, those Ford Geeks are usually rednecks and who dont they annoy, I love my ford, always will, but I can also realize when another company comes out with something better.
Gold Member
Gold Member
Shot at Love Contestant

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Susan Storm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 July 2007 at 3:58pm

I can go into detail on their successes if you would like.

Please do.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 8>
  Share Topic