Tippmann Pneumatics Inc. Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Tippmann low pressure kits

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
uno187 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote uno187 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Tippmann low pressure kits
    Posted: 24 July 2007 at 8:36pm
With a Tippmann 98 Custom and  just a HPA tank would there be a benefit to going with a low pressure kit?

What really are the benefits?
QcXf View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote QcXf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 July 2007 at 2:10pm
Less kick. More shots out of your tank.
Bruce A. Frank View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
KRL Reincarnated?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bruce A. Frank Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 July 2007 at 3:18pm

Originally posted by uno187 uno187 wrote:

With a Tippmann 98 Custom and  just a HPA tank would there be a benefit to going with a low pressure kit?

What really are the benefits?

Virtually none. The 98C is designed to function at 800 psi in standard factory dress. The LPK allows reduction of the pressure required to cycle...aproximately down around the 400 psi range(lower in some and higher in others). It is difficult to go much lower because of the necessity of enough pressure to blow the rear bolt (hammer) back to the cocked position (Even with the lighter hammer supplied with the kit)

At 350 to 400 psi operation you are not likely to feel much difference in recoil, if you can detect any change. As for more shots per tank, well, it is more likely that you can get more shots per tank by using a closer ball to barrel fit than by installing the LPK.

If you had an E-Bolt kit which eliminates the need for the blow-back of the hammer, you could drop your pressures to as low as 140 psi (my marker). At that point you really do see a reduction in recoil and noise, but still not much change in gas usage (In my marker, going to the LPK possibly increased my number of shots in my 90/4500 by 150 to 200, but required some diligent effort with adjustments to get there)

Rambino View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
I am even less fun in person

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rambino Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 July 2007 at 4:01pm

While I generally agree with Bruce, there are other interesting features of the LPK.  First, I did see rather drastic reduction in kick.  But more importantly, the LPK allowed me to turbocharge my RT.  With the LPK installed, the gun (an A-5 in my case) is meant to run in the 400-425ish range.  But now you have more control over the pressure than before.  And by turning the pressure UP I added quite the boost to the RT. 

Running my gun at about 500 psi with the LPK, I have a giant sweet spot on the RT, and can easily sustain rather high rates of fire.  There is some loss of efficiency, but this is also something I can control, by tweaking the various settings.

I agree that the LPK is probably on the bottom of your list of upgrades, and it probably isn't "worth it" for most people.  It does, however, add some interesting air management options.

uno187 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote uno187 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 July 2007 at 5:45pm
So then what would be a better upgrade to start with on my gun?  As of now I have upgraded to CA from CO2 and I am not too happy with the change in the way my gun shoots (lower speed in the paint ball,  using more than one tank full through the day as I only need a 20oz CO2 all day). 

Looking for an inexpensive upgrade to get me back to the way I'm use to playing.  I took off the expansion chamber as advised by my comrades. 

The only other thing my gun has that is not oem is the night stick barrel I have on it and a drop forward.   

Edited by uno187 - 25 July 2007 at 5:49pm
RoboCop View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Aw man, my butt is rusted...

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RoboCop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 July 2007 at 5:49pm

What size HPA tank?

SandMan:"oh yeah, sporx is totally hot"
uno187 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote uno187 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 July 2007 at 5:55pm
crossfire 68/4500
98 Custom Pro
E-grip
cp reg
cp on/off
custom drop
freak barrel kit
Ricochet Apache
68/4500 crossfire
fang trigger
macro line
low pressure kit
Susan Storm View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
Shot at Love Contestant

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Susan Storm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 July 2007 at 2:25pm

Lower speed?  You just need to adjust your velocity then.

But a 68/45 should get you about 85% of the shots you got with a 20oz.  CO2 tank.  If you are only getting half, you probably aren't getting it filled all the way to 45.

Your best efficiency upgrade is an RVA.  This will allow you to adjust the air usage for each shot so that the gun will shoot at its most efficient point.

Otherwise, you might consider a larger tank.

"No society can surely be flourishing and happy, of which the far greater part of the members are poor and miserable."
uno187 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote uno187 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 July 2007 at 7:00pm
What is an RVA?

I found out why I might not be shooting as fast (by the way my velocity was all the up and still only shooting 255) my tank is only putting out between 500 and 600 psi vs. 800 - 850 psi which is normal.  So that I will be getting fixed.

I still need an upgrade idea for my gun.

98 Custom Pro
E-grip
cp reg
cp on/off
custom drop
freak barrel kit
Ricochet Apache
68/4500 crossfire
fang trigger
macro line
low pressure kit
drifter338 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote drifter338 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 July 2007 at 8:53pm

you could look at getting a power tube and delron bolt which will help with air useage. i run a 68/45 on my x7 with an r/t and i fill it 2 to 3 times a day at the field i play at which only has 3000 fills.

uno187 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote uno187 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 July 2007 at 9:18pm
What about the Rufus Dawgs bolt and powertube package?  Is it any good and would it be a smart upgrade?
98 Custom Pro
E-grip
cp reg
cp on/off
custom drop
freak barrel kit
Ricochet Apache
68/4500 crossfire
fang trigger
macro line
low pressure kit
drifter338 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote drifter338 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 July 2007 at 11:26pm
ya it should be a good upgrade. i know a couple guys at my field that run them on there 98's
RoboCop View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Aw man, my butt is rusted...

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RoboCop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 July 2007 at 11:54pm
Just keep the stock internals. You won't see enough performance increase with the money put into it. The stock internals are pretty much top notch.

SandMan:"oh yeah, sporx is totally hot"
Bruce A. Frank View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
KRL Reincarnated?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bruce A. Frank Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 July 2007 at 12:18am

Originally posted by uno187 uno187 wrote:

What is an RVA?

Rear Velocity Adjuster. A devise that replaces the back cap that allows you to change the compression on the power spring which changes velocity. Actually a rather efficient way to adjust velocity, allowing the velocity screw in the side of the power tube to be adjusted to the fully open position all the time.

uno187 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote uno187 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 July 2007 at 3:18pm
that makes perfect sense but will it work with a stock (wire stock to be exact)?
98 Custom Pro
E-grip
cp reg
cp on/off
custom drop
freak barrel kit
Ricochet Apache
68/4500 crossfire
fang trigger
macro line
low pressure kit
Susan Storm View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
Shot at Love Contestant

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Susan Storm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 July 2007 at 3:49pm

No.  Not if the stock replaces the endcap on your gun.

There are some stocks that have RVAs built in, but you generally can't have both.

"No society can surely be flourishing and happy, of which the far greater part of the members are poor and miserable."
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic