Tippmann Pneumatics Inc. Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

My sister got busted with marijuana and..

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 9>
Author
Mehs View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
An Hero

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mehs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: My sister got busted with marijuana and..
    Posted: 24 July 2007 at 2:45am
So a few hours ago my sister got busted with some pot with her friend.  After they smoked it, a cop pulled them over and they told the truth.  She got possession/paraphernalia charge, her friend got possession or something similar because it was in his car. 

Now the crazy part is, the cop gave them his card, and told them to call his number and set up a meeting with some guy, who I guess is an investigator.  If they tell the investigator the names of drug dealers, they are both free of charges.   Apparently they can tell if they are liars or not...I don't know how though.  Probably if they heard the name from others too.

So now I am making a list of names for her to list off.  Only of people that are really terrible, who rip others off for their money. 

Isn't that crazy or what?!!
[IMG]http://i27.tinypic.com/1538fbc.jpg">
Squeeze Box
choopie911 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Commie Canuck

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote choopie911 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 July 2007 at 2:47am
My girlfriend got caught in a similar situation, 3 of them in a car, couple cops surrounded them, gave them a verbal warning and left.
Sammy View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sammy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 July 2007 at 2:48am
Originally posted by choopie911 choopie911 wrote:

My girlfriend got caught in a similar situation, 3 of them in a car, couple cops surrounded them, gave them a verbal warning and left.

Canada: 1
United States: 0
BARREL BREAK View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Prettiest Princess in all the lands

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BARREL BREAK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 July 2007 at 2:50am
1. Your sister and friend are stupid for smoking in car and then driving around.

2. Good deal, just make sure they don't bust anyone you like.
Mehs View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
An Hero

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mehs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 July 2007 at 2:57am
3. ?????

4. Profit.
Squeeze Box
Man Bites Dog View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
The forumer formely known as TKD

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Man Bites Dog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 July 2007 at 3:00am
I routinely get people arrested for smoking weed.

It's fun.
sporx View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sporx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 July 2007 at 3:01am
I just say no.
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Commie Canuck

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote choopie911 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 July 2007 at 3:05am
Originally posted by Man Bites Dog Man Bites Dog wrote:

I routinely get people arrested for smoking weed. It's fun.

I don't get that. I don't care if people smoke it or not, that is 100% their choice, but why call it in on other people? Legality is a terrible moral compass, as I'm sure you're smart enough to know.
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Man Bites Dog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 July 2007 at 3:08am

I don't get that. I don't care if people smoke it or not, that is 100% their choice, but why call it in on other people? Legality is a terrible moral compass, as I'm sure you're smart enough to know.

Because it is my job.

I don't let my opinions on it get in the way.
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Commie Canuck

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote choopie911 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 July 2007 at 3:11am
Oh right, my mistake I forgot about the RA thing. I was running on the assumption of calling the fuzz on neighbourhood punks when you're at home, etc. Well...hopefully you're not too hard on the residents ;)
Mehs View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
An Hero

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mehs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 July 2007 at 3:12am

Because it is my job.

I know you're doing your job, but the people you're busting will have that on their record the rest of their lives, and it can negatively impact them greatly.  They may now have a lot more trouble getting into a serious career (which is most likely why they are there in the first place...), along with various other problems that may follow, they may even get kicked out of college for smoking (depending on campus rules, ect.), and if THAT happens, then I have no idea how you can rat people out.  That's just terrible.

Edited by Mehs - 24 July 2007 at 3:17am
Squeeze Box
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Man Bites Dog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 July 2007 at 3:17am

Oh right, my mistake I forgot about the RA thing. I was running on the assumption of calling the fuzz on neighbourhood punks when you're at home, etc. Well...hopefully you're not too hard on the residents ;)

Hell no. What people do outside of my housing area is their own business, but inside it becomes my job to call the popo.

I don't really see any point for weed to be an illegal substance, but that does not mean I don't take pleasure in seeing the residents who are stupid enough to not only bring it into their rooms, but smoke it in their rooms, get carried away in cuffs. They are essentially blowing their hard earned money (you pay housing up front here) and possibly catching further crap from the university because they couldn't just not smoke weed.

Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Man Bites Dog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 July 2007 at 3:19am
Originally posted by Mehs Mehs wrote:

Because it is my job.

I know you're doing your job, but the people you're busting will have that on their record the rest of their lives, and it can negatively impact them greatly.  They may now have a lot more trouble getting into a serious career (which is most likely why they are there in the first place...)

Well then, they shouldn't sign a contract to live in on campus housing, because the contract clearly says "Illegal substances are not to be kept in the rooms, and doing so will lead to police notification and the expulsion of the resident from the room in 48 hours."

It is not like they don't know it is illegal. I don't like the fact it is illegal any more than the next person, but if you don't want the negative impact, don't do it.

Edited by Man Bites Dog - 24 July 2007 at 3:20am
Mehs View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
An Hero

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mehs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 July 2007 at 3:29am

Because it is my job.

I know you're doing your job, but the people you're busting will have that on their record the rest of their lives, and it can negatively impact them greatly.  They may now have a lot more trouble getting into a serious career (which is most likely why they are there in the first place...)

Well then, they shouldn't sign a contract to live in on campus housing, because the contract clearly says "Illegal substances are not to be kept in the rooms, and doing so will lead to police notification and the expulsion of the resident from the room in 48 hours."

It is not like they don't know it is illegal. I don't like the fact it is illegal any more than the next person, but if you don't want the negative impact, don't do it.

Good point, a contract is involved, and they agreed to it.  I still feel bad for them though :\
Squeeze Box
sporx View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sporx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 July 2007 at 3:33am
^ i don't. they know the consquences. it's their own stupidity.
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Man Bites Dog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 July 2007 at 3:34am

Because it is my job.

Good point, a contract is involved, and they agreed to it.  I still feel bad for them though :\

I don't feel bad at all for the residents here who get arrested. They knew better, and they are risking their college careers for something silly like weed.

Its like someone said "all you need to do to stay in housing and not catch crap from the university is not press this red button." I would not feel bad for anyone who went mashing on the red button.

stratoaxe View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
And my axe...

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stratoaxe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 July 2007 at 3:46am
How about just not smoking weed...
sporx View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sporx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 July 2007 at 3:58am
^i concur.
Mehs View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
An Hero

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mehs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 July 2007 at 4:18am
Originally posted by stratoaxe stratoaxe wrote:

Because hangovers suck.
Squeeze Box
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Commie Canuck

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote choopie911 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 July 2007 at 4:20am
Originally posted by stratoaxe stratoaxe wrote:

Because some people choose to. I'm not going to go into the whole debate of why it's fine or not, or why it's really illegal and such, since it's about someone getting busted/ Whales job.

Yeah, I think it sucks they get busted, but yes they did sign a contract. It's the same idea as if I smoked tobacco in dorms, or brought a microwave into my room. Obviously the consequences wouldn't be as severe, but nonetheless, the rules were laid out long beforehand, and they chose to agree to abide by them, then chose not to. Really, it IS their fault for doing it, and for being lazy about it. How hard is it to go for a walk somewhere else. It's not illegal to smell like marijuana, just to possess it, so they wouldn't be breaking any rules/ laws if they returned to the dorms after a "walk" or hanging out at a friends place, wherever. Yes it's still illegal, but it would not be the universities obligation to blow the whistle on them, nor their business.

The fact they're arrested is a bit much though, I know for sure someone smoked in their room on my floor, and I'm sure they just got a talking to or a warning or something. At most a temporary suspension. However, I am going to university in british columbia, where its not the devil drug it is in the states. I still agree that people should abide by the dorm rules, just think it's a bit harsh of a penalty.

Anywho, I think it's quite obvious that Whale doesn't give a crap about what his children do in their spare time, just where they chose to do it. He's simply doing his job, whether he likes it or not. In fact, it reminds me of a quote from a Police raid of a notorious head shop in Vancouver, The Amsterdam Cafe:

"They were very well behaved," said Watson (store owner), "The police didn't want to be here. One guy said he used to smoke pot and that he was only doing his job."

Gotta do what you gotta do when you're enforcing rules for a living.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 9>
  Share Topic