Tippmann Pneumatics Inc. Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

My sister got busted with marijuana and..

 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 9>
Author
Mack View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Avatar
Has no impulse! control

Joined: 13 January 2004
Location: 2nd Circle
Status: Offline
Points: 9815
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 July 2007 at 1:09pm
Originally posted by Man Bites Dog Man Bites Dog wrote:

Originally posted by choopie911 choopie911 wrote:

Originally posted by Man Bites Dog Man Bites Dog wrote:

I routinely get people arrested for smoking weed. It's fun.


I don't get that. I don't care if people smoke it or not, that is 100% their choice, but why call it in on other people? Legality is a terrible moral compass, as I'm sure you're smart enough to know.


Because it is my job.

I don't let my opinions on it get in the way.


OMG.  Whale/TKD/MBD isn't a rebel anymore; he's become the man.

Originally posted by Man Bites Dog Man Bites Dog wrote:

Its like someone said "all you need to do to stay in housing and not catch crap from the university is not press this red button." I would not feel bad for anyone who went mashing on the red button.


I really like this analogy.  (I'm probably going to steal it for my own use in the future.)




Edited by Mack - 24 July 2007 at 1:18pm
Back to Top
DBibeau855 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Avatar
IIIIIMMMMM BAAACCCKKK

Joined: 26 November 2002
Location: United States
Status: Offline
Points: 11662
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DBibeau855 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 July 2007 at 1:11pm
Originally posted by Mehs Mehs wrote:




Originally posted by Man Bites Dog Man Bites Dog wrote:


Originally posted by choopie911 choopie911 wrote:

Originally posted by Man Bites Dog Man Bites Dog wrote:

I routinely get people arrested for smoking weed. It's fun.


I don't get that. I don't care if people smoke it or not, that is 100% their choice, but why call it in on other people? Legality is a terrible moral compass, as I'm sure you're smart enough to know.
Because it is my job. I don't let my opinions on it get in the way.
I know you're doing your job, but the people you're busting will have that on their record the rest of their lives, and it can negatively impact them greatly.  They may now have a lot more trouble getting into a serious career (which is most likely why they are there in the first place...), along with various other problems that may follow, they may even get kicked out of college for smoking (depending on campus rules, ect.), and if THAT happens, then I have no idea how you can rat people out.  That's just terrible.


Well if they have that much at stake... Dont smoke pot?
Back to Top
Da Hui View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Avatar
Guested, 9/13 Inappropiate post content

Joined: 06 August 2005
Location: United States
Status: Offline
Points: 8442
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Da Hui Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 July 2007 at 1:14pm
Originally posted by DBibeau855 DBibeau855 wrote:

Originally posted by Mehs Mehs wrote:




Originally posted by Man Bites Dog Man Bites Dog wrote:


Originally posted by choopie911 choopie911 wrote:

Originally posted by Man Bites Dog Man Bites Dog wrote:

I routinely get people arrested for smoking weed. It's fun.


I don't get that. I don't care if people smoke it or not, that is 100% their choice, but why call it in on other people? Legality is a terrible moral compass, as I'm sure you're smart enough to know.
Because it is my job. I don't let my opinions on it get in the way.
I know you're doing your job, but the people you're busting will have that on their record the rest of their lives, and it can negatively impact them greatly.  They may now have a lot more trouble getting into a serious career (which is most likely why they are there in the first place...), along with various other problems that may follow, they may even get kicked out of college for smoking (depending on campus rules, ect.), and if THAT happens, then I have no idea how you can rat people out.  That's just terrible.


Well if they have that much at stake... Dont get caught?
Fixed
Back to Top
White o Light View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Avatar
Guested. blatant pornographic post

Joined: 12 June 2005
Location: United States
Status: Offline
Points: 2772
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote White o Light Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 July 2007 at 1:17pm
Originally posted by Linus Linus wrote:

Originally posted by sporx sporx wrote:

^ i don't. they know the consquences. it's their own stupidity.



Ditto.


The law is the law, and whether you like it or not, it HAS to be followed.


When I did a ride along with my cop friend in Detroit, EVERY SINGLE CAR we pulled over had drugs / drug paraphernalia, except one. But what they would do, to save the paperwork of a bunch of no lives, they'd confiscate the item, and break the pipes, MAYBE write a ticket, depending on their attitude to us, then we'd go. They'd only arrest people with gratuitous amounts of drugs.

The look on a drugee's face when you smash his crack-pipe.. priceless.


But like I said, I don't care if you agree if it should be law or not, it IS, and it has to be followed.

Cops have the authority to choose who gets in trouble and to what extent, you, do not.



.............
Back to Top
youm0nt View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

MY CAPS LOCK IS STUCK HELP!!!!!!!!!

Joined: 10 June 2002
Location: United States
Status: Offline
Points: 22577
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote youm0nt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 July 2007 at 1:28pm
drugs are bad mmmmkay.pics of said sister and friend?
Back to Top
Brian Fellows View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Avatar
That’s MISTER Fellows to you...

Joined: 29 December 2005
Location: Neutral Zone
Status: Offline
Points: 3489
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brian Fellows Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 July 2007 at 1:38pm
This thread only went two pages before a Godwin's Law violation?
Back to Top
Mack View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Avatar
Has no impulse! control

Joined: 13 January 2004
Location: 2nd Circle
Status: Offline
Points: 9815
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 July 2007 at 1:39pm
Originally posted by Enos Shenk Enos Shenk wrote:

Originally posted by RoboCop RoboCop wrote:

but the law is there to protect us from making dumb decisions.


That is hands down the worst description of law Ive ever seen. I dont need protection from myself, and neither do you.

Law should only exist to protect you from the malicious actions of others. PERIOD.


Enos hit the nail on the head here.  The original purpose of laws, and the constitution was to define individual rights and protect individuals from the actions (malicious or not) of others.  Unfortunately, what has happened is the that the law has burgeoned into a tool for getting money from others when someone gets their little feelings hurt and protecting us from our own stupidity.

Example:  I always wear a seatbelt and when I used to ride motorcycles I always wore a helmet.  (Heck, I even wear a bicycle helmet when I bike.)  However, I don't think it should be anyone elses business whether I do any of the above or not.  But seatbelt and helmet laws are quite universal now. 

One justification is that it protects us from ourselves, but if I want to be a dumbass, I should have that right as long as I don't endanger anyone else.  (The ultimate example of the stupidity of protecting people from themselves has got to be the city laws that limit the amount of trans-fats that can be served in foods in restaurants.  People know it's bad for them, if they want to eat it the consequences should be their responsibility.)

The second justification for "nanny" laws is the burden that is placed upon society by those whose stupidity renders them unable to care for themselves:  The simple solution here is to not "reward" idiotic, life-altering choices with free lifetime care at the expense of others.  If you want to ride without a helmet or seatbelt that's fine, just tell your insurance company and pay higher premiums.  Lied to the insurance company about it did you; wow, I guess that voids their contract with you.  (Or significantly decreases their financial responsibility towards you.) 

The answer is a combination of personal responsibility and realizing that no one has a guaranteed right to go through life unoffended.

Of course, legalizing drugs could have unintended consequences.  It would probably free up the courts and jails for more important uses because non-violent offenders/recreational users would be removed from the system.  Some studies indicate that drug use would not increase as a result.  The overall usage percentages now are not significantly different from before everything started getting delegalized near the beginning of the twentieth century.  On the other hand, we could end up with public parks that become completely unusable like the ones overseas because they are littered with users and their debris.  If recreational drugs became a business (I'm against the government providing them; if people want them they can use their own money, not my tax dollars), it would have to be regulated and taxed.  There would also still be a certain percentage of users who would get so addicted that they would turn to crime to support their habit.  Law enforcement would be hampered in dealing with these because they would be limited to dealing with their specific crime rather than being able to use possession as a lever for investigations.

Sorry I went so long; end rant/ramble.


Back to Top
oreomann33 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Avatar
Can you say ... ZAZZy?

Joined: 11 March 2004
Location: Turkey
Status: Offline
Points: 8102
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oreomann33 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 July 2007 at 2:08pm
Originally posted by Linus Linus wrote:



Cops have the authority to choose who gets in trouble and to what extent, you, do not.


Wow.
Back to Top
Ghost-Rider View Drop Down
Member
Member
Avatar
Strike 2, Filter Dodge 8/12

Joined: 15 May 2005
Location: United States
Status: Offline
Points: 956
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ghost-Rider Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 July 2007 at 2:12pm
Originally posted by youm0nt youm0nt wrote:

drugs are bad mmmmkay.



Back to Top
choopie911 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Avatar
Commie Canuck

Joined: 01 June 2003
Location: Canada
Status: Offline
Points: 30745
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote choopie911 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 July 2007 at 2:24pm
So, alot of people in this thread seem to think:
1) If something is illegal, it's immoral
2) If something is illegal, it's illegal for a good reason


Alot of you seem to think that the law is to "protect" people against this devil drug. Whether you choose to indulge or not, I really, really don't care. Whether you choose to be educated about the facts however, I do care.
Alot of you need to watch Grass

The full thing is available on google video at that link. Again, I'm not trying to tell people what to do, just saying that alot of you really, really don't have your facts straight, or even have a clue why marijuana is illegal in the first place.

Have a watch.
Back to Top
Man Bites Dog View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
Avatar
The forumer formely known as TKD

Joined: 04 July 2007
Location: United States
Status: Offline
Points: 2059
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Man Bites Dog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 July 2007 at 2:24pm
I would like to make it clear that the attitude of exuberant authority that Linus shows is not one I carry with me on the job.

I am not enforcing the rules for show, I am not making a spectacle of it, on the contrary, I try to keep everything as peaceful as possible.

Also, I treat everyone as equals, and try my hardest to enforce the rules equally amongst everyone.

I am not doing anything because "ITS THE LAW," I am doing it because it's my job, I like getting paid, and I understand that things like weed becomes a liability for the university.
Back to Top
ANARCHY_SCOUT View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Avatar
strike 1 1/24 rudeness to newer members

Joined: 07 August 2005
Location: United States
Status: Offline
Points: 4439
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ANARCHY_SCOUT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 July 2007 at 2:28pm
I can't believe no one said it yet.


LOL MARY JANE!
Gamertag: Kataklysm999
Back to Top
Man Bites Dog View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
Avatar
The forumer formely known as TKD

Joined: 04 July 2007
Location: United States
Status: Offline
Points: 2059
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Man Bites Dog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 July 2007 at 2:31pm
Originally posted by choopie911 choopie911 wrote:

So, alot of people in this thread seem to think:
1) If something is illegal, it's immoral
2) If something is illegal, it's illegal for a good reason




I am going to disagree with you there.

Everything I have seen in this thread so far (For the exception of Linus probably) is not bashing on weed itself, saying weed is immoral, or saying that it is good weed is illegal.

All that has been shown is a lack of sympathy for those who get busted doing it when they knew good and well it was illegal.
Back to Top
White o Light View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Avatar
Guested. blatant pornographic post

Joined: 12 June 2005
Location: United States
Status: Offline
Points: 2772
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote White o Light Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 July 2007 at 2:33pm
Originally posted by Man Bites Dog Man Bites Dog wrote:

Originally posted by choopie911 choopie911 wrote:

So, alot of people in this thread seem to think:
1) If something is illegal, it's immoral
2) If something is illegal, it's illegal for a good reason




I am going to disagree with you there.

Everything I have seen in this thread so far (For the exception of Linus probably) is not bashing on weed itself, saying weed is immoral, or saying that it is good weed is illegal.

All that has been shown is a lack of sympathy for those who get busted doing it when they knew good and well it was illegal.


You never come to PBC anymore, you with us or against us!!?!?!!
Back to Top
Man Bites Dog View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
Avatar
The forumer formely known as TKD

Joined: 04 July 2007
Location: United States
Status: Offline
Points: 2059
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Man Bites Dog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 July 2007 at 2:35pm
Originally posted by White o Light White o Light wrote:

Originally posted by Man Bites Dog Man Bites Dog wrote:

Originally posted by choopie911 choopie911 wrote:

So, alot of people in this thread seem to think:
1) If something is illegal, it's immoral
2) If something is illegal, it's illegal for a good reason




I am going to disagree with you there.

Everything I have seen in this thread so far (For the exception of Linus probably) is not bashing on weed itself, saying weed is immoral, or saying that it is good weed is illegal.

All that has been shown is a lack of sympathy for those who get busted doing it when they knew good and well it was illegal.


You never come to PBC anymore, you with us or against us!!?!?!!


I am still at college broski.

Nobody bothered to open up a port I can use to get to PBC, so I got blocked out.
Back to Top
White o Light View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Avatar
Guested. blatant pornographic post

Joined: 12 June 2005
Location: United States
Status: Offline
Points: 2772
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote White o Light Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 July 2007 at 2:39pm
Originally posted by Man Bites Dog Man Bites Dog wrote:

Originally posted by White o Light White o Light wrote:

Originally posted by Man Bites Dog Man Bites Dog wrote:

Originally posted by choopie911 choopie911 wrote:

So, alot of people in this thread seem to think:
1) If something is illegal, it's immoral
2) If something is illegal, it's illegal for a good reason




I am going to disagree with you there.

Everything I have seen in this thread so far (For the exception of Linus probably) is not bashing on weed itself, saying weed is immoral, or saying that it is good weed is illegal.

All that has been shown is a lack of sympathy for those who get busted doing it when they knew good and well it was illegal.


You never come to PBC anymore, you with us or against us!!?!?!!


I am still at college broski.

Nobody bothered to open up a port I can use to get to PBC, so I got blocked out.


nooo!
Back to Top
Ghost-Rider View Drop Down
Member
Member
Avatar
Strike 2, Filter Dodge 8/12

Joined: 15 May 2005
Location: United States
Status: Offline
Points: 956
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ghost-Rider Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 July 2007 at 2:40pm
LSD IS GOOD 4 ME !
Back to Top
Man Bites Dog View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
Avatar
The forumer formely known as TKD

Joined: 04 July 2007
Location: United States
Status: Offline
Points: 2059
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Man Bites Dog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 July 2007 at 2:41pm
Originally posted by White o Light White o Light wrote:

Originally posted by Man Bites Dog Man Bites Dog wrote:

Originally posted by White o Light White o Light wrote:

Originally posted by Man Bites Dog Man Bites Dog wrote:

Originally posted by choopie911 choopie911 wrote:

So, alot of people in this thread seem to think:
1) If something is illegal, it's immoral
2) If something is illegal, it's illegal for a good reason




I am going to disagree with you there.

Everything I have seen in this thread so far (For the exception of Linus probably) is not bashing on weed itself, saying weed is immoral, or saying that it is good weed is illegal.

All that has been shown is a lack of sympathy for those who get busted doing it when they knew good and well it was illegal.


You never come to PBC anymore, you with us or against us!!?!?!!


I am still at college broski.

Nobody bothered to open up a port I can use to get to PBC, so I got blocked out.


nooo!


Yeah, I used to be able to get in on 2323 when that was an option. The school blocks out the normal port, and that is it.

I think it is when MBro took it over, he never opened another port for me, so I have not been in PBC in a long while.

I miss you guys.
Back to Top
Mehs View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Avatar
An Hero

Joined: 27 March 2004
Location: Neutral Zone
Status: Offline
Points: 3898
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mehs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 July 2007 at 2:41pm
EVERYONE TO PBC!

irc.freenode.net

#Paintball
[IMG]http://i27.tinypic.com/1538fbc.jpg">
Squeeze Box
Back to Top
Man Bites Dog View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
Avatar
The forumer formely known as TKD

Joined: 04 July 2007
Location: United States
Status: Offline
Points: 2059
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Man Bites Dog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 July 2007 at 2:43pm
Everyone but poor little ol' me. 
Back to Top
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 9>
  Share Topic   

Forum Jump Forum Permissions View Drop Down

Forum Software by Web Wiz Forums® version 10.03

This page was generated in 0.188 seconds.