Tippmann Pneumatics Inc. Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

My sister got busted with marijuana and..

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 9>
Author
stratoaxe View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
And my axe...

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stratoaxe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 July 2007 at 4:53am

Don't get me wrong-I have no problem with people smoking weed. A few of my friends smoke, I personally don't, but my point is that it really becomes pathetic when people choose to smoke weed when it puts their jobs/eduation/future at risk. I'm not saying they should be jailed for it (though that is the law), and it's my opinion that smoking weed is a personal choice that the law should have no say in, but anytime you put something insignificant in a place above something that's vital to your life, you become a moron IMO.

And I agree that having someone busted for weed (unless you'e in a position like TKD's) is incredibly lame. My friend lost his job and got kicked out of his house because his ex turned him in to the cops. Not to mention the two days in jail, six months probation, and the pending charge on his record that makes it really hard to get another job. I don't pity him neccessarily, since he knew the risk, but his ex is a total tool for doing it.

Rambino View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
I am even less fun in person

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rambino Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 July 2007 at 8:36am

Originally posted by Man Bites Dog Man Bites Dog wrote:

I don't feel bad at all for the residents here who get arrested. They knew better, and they are risking their college careers for something silly like weed.

And that is the crux of it.  Regardless of anybody's opinions about whether weed OUGHT to be legal, the fact of it is that weed IS illegal in this country, and is moreover prohibited by most schools and employers.

You can talk politics all you want, and engage in "non-violent civil disobedience", but you do that knowing the potential consequences.  While the criminal sanctions for pot-smoking are very small, the practical consequences are significant.  In this example they get kicked out of a dorm.  Elsewhere they might get kicked out of school, get fired, get de-licensed, or suffer some other drastic consequence.

Adults are able to distinguish between theoretical legalization discussions and real-world consequences.

BooksAndLeaves View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Guested, Binary F-Bomb

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BooksAndLeaves Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 July 2007 at 9:03am
Originally posted by BARREL BREAK BARREL BREAK wrote:

1. Your sister and friend are stupid for smoking in car and then driving around.

I do it all the time. It's fun.

I saw this episode of Cops once, and this guy pulled these kids over for honking their horn a bunch. So he goes up to the driver side window to ask him about it then he says "And it smells pretty strong of weed in here... have you guys smoked?"

They admitted it and everything and told them where their bag of weed was, and the cop was pulling the other two guys out of the car and one of them like, looked at the camera all surprised and asked the cop if they were on Cops. haha

Then the driver told them where their piece was and under the passenger seat there was a huge crazy ass bubbler.

All they got were possession charges since they told the truth.
01001001 00100000 01100111 01101111 01110100 00100000 01100011 01100001 01110101 01100111 01101000 01110100 00101110 00101110 00101110
Da Hui View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Guested, 9/13 Inappropiate post content

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Da Hui Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 July 2007 at 9:06am
Fabreeze FTW.
RoboCop View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Aw man, my butt is rusted...

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RoboCop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 July 2007 at 9:19am

Sure you might not like that the law punishes people for smoking weed or doing other drugs, but the law is there to protect us from making dumb decisions. If there wasn't a law against it, I would think more people would be doing it. Some people might think the opposite and say people only do it because it is illegal but I don't think that is the case here.

SandMan:"oh yeah, sporx is totally hot"
High Voltage View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Fire in the disco

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote High Voltage Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 July 2007 at 9:38am
Mehs, rofl. I'd say that is a pretty sweet deal as long as they are kept anonymous. Else, I'd say some dealers might just exact revenge. 

Da Hui View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Guested, 9/13 Inappropiate post content

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Da Hui Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 July 2007 at 10:15am
Originally posted by RoboCop RoboCop wrote:

Sure you might not like that the law punishes people for smoking weed or doing other drugs, but the law is there to protect us from making dumb decisions. If there wasn't a law against it, I would think more people would be doing it. Some people might think the opposite and say people only do it because it is illegal but I don't think that is the case here.

Alot of the kids around here smoke and so they think that they are punks. Its kinda funny.

Linus View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Strike 1 - language 6.29.10

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Linus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 July 2007 at 10:21am
Originally posted by sporx sporx wrote:

^ i don't. they know the consquences. it's their own stupidity.

Ditto.

The law is the law, and whether you like it or not, it HAS to be followed.

When I did a ride along with my cop friend in Detroit, EVERY SINGLE CAR we pulled over had drugs / drug paraphernalia, except one. But what they would do, to save the paperwork of a bunch of no lives, they'd confiscate the item, and break the pipes, MAYBE write a ticket, depending on their attitude to us, then we'd go. They'd only arrest people with gratuitous amounts of drugs.

The look on a drugee's face when you smash his crack-pipe.. priceless.

But like I said, I don't care if you agree if it should be law or not, it IS, and it has to be followed.

Cops have the authority to choose who gets in trouble and to what extent, you, do not.

Edited by Linus - 24 July 2007 at 10:21am
Dye Playa View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Guested- Reposted Inapropiate Link.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dye Playa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 July 2007 at 11:06am
get you're little "deal" in writing, because what if they rat everyone out and the cops arrest your sister too? Also, I never rat anyone out, kind of against what I've been taught, but to each his own. I would probally get in more trouble at home for ratting out the dealer than smoking, but that's just me.
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Fire in the disco

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote High Voltage Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 July 2007 at 11:17am
Originally posted by Linus Linus wrote:

Originally posted by sporx sporx wrote:

^ i don't. they know the consquences. it's their own stupidity.

Ditto.

The law is the law, and whether you like it or not, it HAS to be followed.

When I did a ride along with my cop friend in Detroit, EVERY SINGLE CAR we pulled over had drugs / drug paraphernalia, except one. But what they would do, to save the paperwork of a bunch of no lives, they'd confiscate the item, and break the pipes, MAYBE write a ticket, depending on their attitude to us, then we'd go. They'd only arrest people with gratuitous amounts of drugs.

The look on a drugee's face when you smash his crack-pipe.. priceless.

But like I said, I don't care if you agree if it should be law or not, it IS, and it has to be followed.

Cops have the authority to choose who gets in trouble and to what extent, you, do not.

Actually, we do, you self righteous smartass. We put the people in office who screw us over.

Also, where is your morality when it comes to drugs or anything else for that matter? I understand laws are meant to bring order to society, but blindly following them without questioning their intent or constitutionality would allow lawmakers to pass anything. Look at the Nazis, yes it is overkill to make that comparison but it catches your attention.

Don't forget, the taxpayers pay your salary, so I'd try being less of a jerk to them.
BooksAndLeaves View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Guested, Binary F-Bomb

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BooksAndLeaves Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 July 2007 at 11:20am
Break the pipes? Is that at all necessary?
01001001 00100000 01100111 01101111 01110100 00100000 01100011 01100001 01110101 01100111 01101000 01110100 00101110 00101110 00101110
stratoaxe View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
And my axe...

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stratoaxe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 July 2007 at 11:23am

Originally posted by BooksAndLeaves BooksAndLeaves wrote:

Break the pipes? Is that at all necessary?

Unnecessary, and I'm pretty sure that destroying your evidence for a show of cop badassery would be illegal and stupid...

Enos Shenk View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
~-o@

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Enos Shenk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 July 2007 at 11:23am
Originally posted by RoboCop RoboCop wrote:

but the law is there to protect us from making dumb decisions.

That is hands down the worst description of law Ive ever seen. I dont need protection from myself, and neither do you.

Law should only exist to protect you from the malicious actions of others. PERIOD.
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Fire in the disco

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote High Voltage Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 July 2007 at 11:24am
ENOS 4 PREZ!
Godwin View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Godwin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 July 2007 at 11:30am

Originally posted by High Voltage High Voltage wrote:

Look at the Nazis, yes it is overkill to make that comparison but it catches your attention.

/thread

Dye Playa View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Guested- Reposted Inapropiate Link.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dye Playa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 July 2007 at 11:32am

ENOS 4 PREZ!
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Fire in the disco

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote High Voltage Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 July 2007 at 11:35am
Originally posted by Godwin Godwin wrote:

Look at the Nazis, yes it is overkill to make that comparison but it catches your attention.

/thread

Cute, but it doesn't necessarily mean I was wrong to use the analogy.

Moreover, I'd like to tweak my analogy a bit. Substitute German citizens for Nazis. Works better comparing him to people who claimed ignorance and just went along with it.

Edited by High Voltage - 24 July 2007 at 11:38am
Ghost-Rider View Drop Down
Strike 2, Filter Dodge 8/12

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ghost-Rider Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 July 2007 at 12:02pm
They often give you a break if you name dealers.
bjelder33 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bjelder33 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 July 2007 at 12:47pm

Originally posted by choopie911 choopie911 wrote:

I routinely get people
arrested for smoking weed. It's fun.

I don't get that. I don't care if people smoke it or not, that is 100% their
choice, but why call it in on other people? Legality is a terrible moral
compass, as I'm sure you're smart enough to know.
Because it is my
job. I don't let my opinions on it get in the way.

This reminds me of the office episode "drug testing" where dwight goes
insane about finding out who left a joint in the parking lot lol
little devil View Drop Down
one language strike, 2/23/10

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote little devil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 July 2007 at 1:07pm
Well if u gotta give names or a name, at least make it a dealer who carries a gun, so then they at least get the double wammy, or some one who also sells blow. Those are my jail cover candidates.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 9>
  Share Topic