FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Ask A Lawyer Anything

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 7>
Author
Rambino View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
I am even less fun in person

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rambino Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Ask A Lawyer Anything
    Posted: 20 July 2007 at 10:46am

I know I will regret this, but what heck.  Go for it.

Disclaimer:  Questions that require significant research will be disregarded.  Questions I deem asinine will be disregarded, unless also humorous.  No attorney-client relationship is established hereby, and no duty of confidentiality applies.  I reserve the right to answer questions in whichever order I please, on any timeline I please, or not at all, for any or no reason.  I make no representations regarding the accuracy of any response, and response recipients are not entitled to rely upon any such response as legal advice.  Solicitation for questions may be terminated at any time without notice.  All rights reserved.

Skillet42565 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Actuarry itís Skirret

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Skillet42565 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 July 2007 at 10:47am
Why are all of you guys going to Hell?
Ghost-Rider View Drop Down
Strike 2, Filter Dodge 8/12

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ghost-Rider Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 July 2007 at 10:47am
Why are lawyers jewish?
Rambino View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rambino Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 July 2007 at 10:47am

Originally posted by Skillet42565 Skillet42565 wrote:

Why are all of you guys going to Hell?

Because that's where the party is, and lawyers love to party.

Rambino View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rambino Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 July 2007 at 10:48am

Originally posted by Ghost-Rider Ghost-Rider wrote:

Why are lawyers jewish?

The operation is performed during the second semester of the second year of law school.  Right after the soulectomy.

youm0nt View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

MY CAPS LOCK IS STUCK HELP!!!!!!!!!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote youm0nt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 July 2007 at 10:49am
what is your salary?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ghost-Rider Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 July 2007 at 10:50am
Are you eating pancakes right now? or bacon?
Da Hui View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Guested, 9/13 Inappropiate post content

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Da Hui Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 July 2007 at 10:51am
Is OJ guilty.

Also, if your at a public park and some of your friends are found drinking there. Your given a breathalizer and have B.A.C. of 0. Cop tells you not to go back to that park, and you do. It that breaking a law?
Rambino View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rambino Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 July 2007 at 10:51am

Originally posted by youm0nt youm0nt wrote:

what is your salary?

I don't have a salary.  So - $0.

Rambino View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rambino Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 July 2007 at 10:52am

Are you eating pancakes right now? or bacon?

No.  No.

But that's a good idea, because both are delicious.

In a separate note, I dislike the spam filter.

Rambino View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rambino Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 July 2007 at 11:00am

Originally posted by Da Hui Da Hui wrote:

Is OJ guilty.

Also, if your at a public park and some of your friends are found drinking there. Your given a breathalizer and have B.A.C. of 0. Cop tells you not to go back to that park, and you do. It that breaking a law?

1.  I am between 51% and 95% certain that OJ is guilty.

2.  May depend on other facts and circumstances.  But, generally speaking, police officers are not judges, and cannot prohibit otherwise legal behavior outside of an enforcement/investigatory context.  So - probably not breaking a law.

Silent View Drop Down

Guested - mass spamming

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Silent Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 July 2007 at 11:01am
What do you mean you don't have a salary? Could you elaborate more please?

Thanks,

Da Hui View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Guested, 9/13 Inappropiate post content

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Da Hui Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 July 2007 at 11:03am
Should I go get some breakfast?
Skillet42565 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Actuarry itís Skirret

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Skillet42565 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 July 2007 at 11:04am
Rambino doesn't get paid in money.  Much like all lawyers, he is paid in the blood of the innocent, and fetuses.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ghost-Rider Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 July 2007 at 11:14am
I just finished some left over mexican food at 11:00 AM ......whats your thoughts on this ?

Edit :Could i sue?

Edit 2: sure wish it had bacon with it.

Edited by Ghost-Rider - 20 July 2007 at 11:15am
Rambino View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rambino Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 July 2007 at 11:26am

Originally posted by Silent Silent wrote:

What do you mean you don't have a salary?

I am a partner in a law firm.  I am not an emplyee.  Emplyees get salaries/wages.  I get a piece of whatever is left.

reifidom View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Zatoichi

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reifidom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 July 2007 at 11:26am
Can I be charged with Disorderly Conduct for yelling obscenities at a drive-thru speaker? Earlier this week I was led to believe so by a police officer.

Rambino View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rambino Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 July 2007 at 11:27am

Originally posted by Da Hui Da Hui wrote:

Should I go get some breakfast?

Breakfast is the most important meal of the day.

Yomillio View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Retard

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Yomillio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 July 2007 at 11:29am

If a client of yours is guilty of the charges being pressed on them, how hard is it to build a case if the other party probably has deciding evidence?

A man comes home and there is a strange car parked behind his wife.  He comes in screaming, "Where is he, where is he?" checking ther closets in their home.  Shes pleading with him to "leave him alone" and upon opening the last closet, he finds a man hiding.  The husband flips the man out of the closet and punches him, getting about 10 punches in and the other man gets about one.  The husband leaves the home, and proceeds life on his own.  Is there a lawful fault in this story?

An adolescent kid is riding their dirtbike around in the fields of his neighborhood.  One of his neighbors shoves a 2x4 through his spokes, sending him flying and ending up with a broken nose among other scrapes, brusies, etc..  Years later, while maintaining a solid case with his active lawyer, he keeps being told that he cannot get the money he deserves because the old neighbor owns a business and he puts a high percentage of the money he earns back into the business.  Is this true that he cannot in fact get the money?

Rambino View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rambino Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 July 2007 at 11:31am

I just finished some left over mexican food at 11:00 AM ......whats your thoughts on this ?

Edit :Could i sue?

Edit 2: sure wish it had bacon with it.

Some foods are good and safe as leftovers.  Mexican is not one of those.

You can always sue.  You would lose, though.  Assumption of risk by eating old food.

Everything is better with bacon.  Better yet - wrap your food in the bacon.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 7>
  Share Topic