FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Ask A Lawyer Anything

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 567
Author
Rambino View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
I am even less fun in person

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rambino Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 July 2007 at 7:21pm

Originally posted by bjelder33 bjelder33 wrote:

Can you identify this amateur sketch of a forum member

I remember when I posed for that. 

Rambino View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
I am even less fun in person

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rambino Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 July 2007 at 7:21pm
Originally posted by Shub Shub wrote:

Originally posted by Rambino Rambino wrote:

Everything is better with bacon. Better yet - wrap your food in the bacon.

Is this something taught in law school?

Nope - it's something learned in Wisconsin.  It's not a party until there is some bacon-wrapped food.

procarbinefreak View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Budget Medical Procedures Available

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote procarbinefreak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 July 2007 at 8:45pm
I can confirm. 

also, 90% of the time, cheese is also involved. 
Mack View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Has no impulse! control

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 July 2007 at 9:18pm
Originally posted by Rambino Rambino wrote:

It's not a party until there is some bacon-wrapped food.

Originally posted by procarbinefreak procarbinefreak wrote:

I can confirm. 

also, 90% of the time, cheese is also involved. 

I use the cheese to hold the bacon around the beer bottle.
Snipa69 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Soulectomy complete in 3...2...1...

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Snipa69 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 July 2007 at 12:26am
Oh I didn't even realize that there were other questions regarding Vehcile Search and Siesure. Yes, a patrol officer can search the engine bay of your car. Why? Because California police officers are allowed to use their own ears/disgression to determine of the car is too loud. In order to further investigate, a search of the engine bay is required. This is because a louder engine can come from a simple aftermarket intake system or aftermarket headers. Clearly these parts will not be DOT stamped for SMOG/Emissions testing and the officer will gladly write you as many 'Fix It' tickets as he has in his/her book or as many infractions as you have on your vehicle. If you get the really annoying ones, they will whip out the ol' tape measure and make sure that the center of your headlights is at the legal distance from them pavement (generally it needs to be above 22-24") and they can ticket you for that.

Again some of this has a lot to do with the leap frog process that I mentioned earlier. They don't need your permission to measure the headlight hieght as it is on the oustide of the car. From there, if they find that your car is too low they can inquire about other aftermarket parts that you have on your car.

I know a buddy of mine drove through Cali because he had just transfered bases to New Mexico and he ended up with 4 fix it tickets, one for his window tint and the others for aftermarket engine components. Even though he was only passing through in order to get to his Base in NM, and even had the DOD sticker in his windshield, the officer gave him tickets. Quite honestly, I'd have gone back to fight them because it's rediculous to me to ticket someone who is passing through for the day and doesn't intend to establish residence.

However, the double standard would be that people from Oregon wouldn't be held to the same Laws as us people from Washington because they don't have residency here. However, if it's something small like automobile laws regarding aftermarket parts I think the line needs to be drawn.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 567
  Share Topic