Tippmann Pneumatics Inc. Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

How to make a Single Point Sling

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
paintballplaya7 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote paintballplaya7 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: How to make a Single Point Sling
    Posted: 19 July 2007 at 12:02am
Here's a website i found that shows a detailed explanation (with photos) on how to make a single point sling. If you don't want to use the website he recommends, you can find all the materials at your local fabric store. The only problem with his "How to" manual is that he doesn't explain how to install/where to get a gun swivel if you don't already have one. Luckily, good old walmart has a swivel kit(will update with exact name) in which you use the provided screw to replace the top rear screw of your 98 custom, which then you attach the swivel to. The swivel is made for real rifles but surprisingly fits perfectly to your 98 custom. *may/may not fit other models, not sure. It comes in a small red and tan package, located in the sporting goods section.

SINGLE POINT SLING

Note: these are only instructions for a single point sling(will not work for other types of slings); which is, a tactical-type sling meant to be worn looped around the left shoulder and connected to a single point at the rear of the gun, which rests on your right side. Also, many may argue that it is useless and will not improve your game. It may not improve your game but it is definitely useful if you play long games or scenario games, as for when you are looking at maps, talking on the walkie-talkie, reloading, etc.

Edited by paintballplaya7 - 07 February 2008 at 6:59pm
*Custom Pro
*Cyclone feed
*X7 hopper
*M16 Carry Handle
*BT 16 Apex Barrel
*Car Stock
*remote
*camo paint job
*Single point sling
*JT Full Coverage Camo
*realtree RAP4 vest
netramakin View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote netramakin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 July 2007 at 7:19am

Mmmmmmm...Bullpup.

"I'm a riddle so strong, you can't break me."

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote paintballplaya7 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 July 2007 at 10:07pm
Bullpup ???

Edited by paintballplaya7 - 25 July 2007 at 10:07pm
*Custom Pro
*Cyclone feed
*X7 hopper
*M16 Carry Handle
*BT 16 Apex Barrel
*Car Stock
*remote
*camo paint job
*Single point sling
*JT Full Coverage Camo
*realtree RAP4 vest
netramakin View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote netramakin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 July 2007 at 10:43pm

Originally posted by paintballplaya7 paintballplaya7 wrote:

Bullpup ???

The shroud the sling is attached to.

"I'm a riddle so strong, you can't break me."
Stormcharger View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stormcharger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 July 2007 at 12:11pm
This setup will also work for the A5 using the ring on the butt instead of a stock.  It's handy to have because it allows the use of an A5 without having a stock installed, leaves your hands free if needed and leaves your marker for easy access.  By adjusting the length of the strap and pushing forward against the sling, you can have resonable stability without the bulk of a stock.  And you can make better use of sights and close quarter situations by not having a stock get in the way.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote paintballplaya7 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 September 2007 at 2:13pm
i have experimented different places to attach the sling to my custom pro and have found that if you attach the swivel underneath the grip, above the asa, that the gun will rest at a more vertical position. this works due to the drop forward on the custom pro but you can try different setups on your gun to obtain the results that you want.

Edited by paintballplaya7 - 07 February 2008 at 6:58pm
*Custom Pro
*Cyclone feed
*X7 hopper
*M16 Carry Handle
*BT 16 Apex Barrel
*Car Stock
*remote
*camo paint job
*Single point sling
*JT Full Coverage Camo
*realtree RAP4 vest