Tippmann Pneumatics Inc. Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Would You

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
Poll Question: Would you ride in boeings new plastic/carbon fiber plan?
Poll Choice Votes Poll Statistics
20 [90.91%]
0 [0.00%]
2 [9.09%]
You can not vote in this poll

Author
WGP guy2 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
I play the Bag Pipes

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WGP guy2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 July 2007 at 11:56am
Well, the plane rolled out on the planned date (07/08/07), and they have planned the first flight for September.  There is absolutely nothing wrong with using "unconventional" materials.  In WWII the brits made an oddball plane...out of wood.  I personally think its great that new materials are working their way into the airline market.

As for the lowering the cost of flying (commercially at least)...thats a joke.  Check the link in my sig (click on the picture) to see all about that.

Anyway, my traveling via airlines will greatly decrease as of 2 weeks from Thursday, and hopefully cease all together in a few years when I can purchase a nice plane.

http://www.aviationacrossamerica.com/pubs/mythsrealities.cfm

Edited by WGP guy2 - 16 July 2007 at 11:57am
usafpilot07 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
FreeEnterprise's #1 Fan & Potty Mouth

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote usafpilot07 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 July 2007 at 12:11pm
Originally posted by WGP guy2 WGP guy2 wrote:

Anyway, my traveling via airlines will greatly decrease as of 2 weeks from Thursday, and hopefully cease all together in a few years when I can purchase a nice plane.

LIEK, OMG. J00 MUST B G3TT!ING A PI70TZ LIESINZ R SMTHING? SRSLY?
Buffalo buffalo Buffalo buffalo buffalo buffalo Buffalo buffalo
Mack View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Has no impulse! control

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 July 2007 at 3:26pm
Originally posted by usafpilot07 usafpilot07 wrote:

I've been a fighter pilot in the airforce for 9 years, I can post in everything aviation related I want.

Wow, your profile lists your date of birth as 22 July 1989, that means you've been flying for the USAF since you were 8 years old.  You must be some kind of prodigy. 

No, wait.  Prodigy is a different forumer.

Edited by Mack - 17 July 2007 at 12:04pm
Skillet42565 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Actuarry itís Skirret

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Skillet42565 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 July 2007 at 3:36pm
People have such a horrible sarcasm/lie detector around here... I mean... cmon, USAF pretends that he plays D2 paintball and that he works in Tippmann R&D.
Macabre View Drop Down
Wake up. Time to die.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Macabre Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 July 2007 at 3:40pm
And I pretend to be smrt!
Rambino has poop for brains. Yup, yup.
choopie911 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Commie Canuck

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote choopie911 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 July 2007 at 3:40pm
Doesnt boeing loop every plane before they put it out? Like, it has to be able to withstand it? Thats what I was told when I worked at the airport.
jmac3 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Official Box Hoister

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jmac3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 July 2007 at 3:43pm
Originally posted by Skillet42565 Skillet42565 wrote:

and that he works in Tippmann R&D.

Wait a minute.....

Damn you usaf, you lied to me about that new tippmann gun that looks like an ego and shoots like sex?
Que pasa?

Skillet42565 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Actuarry itís Skirret

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Skillet42565 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 July 2007 at 3:55pm
Originally posted by jmac3 jmac3 wrote:

Wait a minute.....

Damn you usaf, you lied to me about that new tippmann gun that looks like an ego and shoots like sex?

SandMan View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Semper Fidelis

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SandMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 July 2007 at 4:28pm
Originally posted by choopie911 choopie911 wrote:

Doesnt boeing loop every plane before they put it out? Like, it has to be able to withstand it? Thats what I was told when I worked at the airport.

Doubt it. Sounds like an urban legend to me.
Real Men Love Cheeses
brihard View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Strike 1 - Making stuff up

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote brihard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 July 2007 at 5:07pm

Well, the plane rolled out on the planned date (07/08/07), and they have planned the first flight for September.  There is absolutely nothing wrong with using "unconventional" materials.  In WWII the brits made an oddball plane...out of wood.  I personally think its great that new materials are working their way into the airline market.

As for the lowering the cost of flying (commercially at least)...thats a joke.  Check the link in my sig (click on the picture) to see all about that.

I wouldn't call the Mosquito an 'oddball' plane- although yes, it was made out of wood. Awesome range and speed on it...
"Abortion is not "choice" in America. It is forced and the democrats are behind it, with the goal of eugenics at its foundation."

-FreeEnterprise, 21 April 2011.

Yup, he actually said that.
GI JOES SON View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Got me flowers for my birthday

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GI JOES SON Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 July 2007 at 5:08pm

what does it mean to loop a plane? fly it around for a while in every conditions?

MT. Vigilante View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
Captain America

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MT. Vigilante Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 July 2007 at 7:16pm

Originally posted by brihard brihard wrote:

I wouldn't call the Mosquito an 'oddball' plane- although yes, it was made out of wood. Awesome range and speed on it...

I think what he meant by "oddball", is the fact that it was made out of not just wood, lots of planes are made outta wood, but the Mosquito was made outta plywood. And the reason it is a success story for out of the ordinary aircraft materials is becasue it was such a good aircraft.

Join the XP Re-Revolution!
You Wont See Me View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Found in Big Al’s underwear drawer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote You Wont See Me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 July 2007 at 8:20pm
Originally posted by GI JOES SON GI JOES SON wrote:

what does it mean to loop a plane? fly it around for a while in every conditions?

I would hope they would fly the plane around before putting it out.

I'm assuming they're referring to making the plane do a loop.
A-5
E-Grip
JCS Dual Trigger
DOP X-CORE 8 stage x-chamber
Lapco Bigshot 14" Beadblasted

Optional setup:
R/T
Dead on Blade trigger
carl_the_sniper View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Strike 1 - 7/29, Bad Linky

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote carl_the_sniper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 July 2007 at 8:32pm

You mean barrel roll.

I don't think it's every plane but they did do it with the 707 when they first unveiled it.

<just say no to unnecessarily sexualized sigs>
MT. Vigilante View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
Captain America

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MT. Vigilante Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 July 2007 at 8:51pm
Originally posted by carl_the_sniper carl_the_sniper wrote:

You mean barrel roll.

I don't think it's every plane but they did do it with the 707 when they first unveiled it.

A barrel roll? Are you sure? A plane of that size and desighn should not be able to do a barrel roll without tearing the wings off. I'm pretty sure they mean a test flight.

Join the XP Re-Revolution!
Shub View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
I donít have one either. Is that good???

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shub Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 July 2007 at 9:00pm
While the 787 may or may not have a great track record thus far (I haven't been following any story on it), Boeing officials won't let them ship a plane that may have glaring design or build defects. It will go through a rigorous test flight regimen like any other aircraft before Boeing or the FAA will certify it fit to fly.
WGP guy2 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
I play the Bag Pipes

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WGP guy2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 July 2007 at 9:11pm
A barrell roll is propably possible, however an aileron roll would most likely not be.
usafpilot07 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
FreeEnterprise's #1 Fan & Potty Mouth

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote usafpilot07 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 July 2007 at 10:13pm
Originally posted by jmac3 jmac3 wrote:

Wait a minute.....

No no, that part is true.  Bea Youngs told me.  Pillow talk and all that.
Buffalo buffalo Buffalo buffalo buffalo buffalo Buffalo buffalo
RoboCop View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Aw man, my butt is rusted...

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RoboCop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 July 2007 at 10:37pm
Once the new 787 comes to my airport, I am going to try to get a flight in it. I saw the computer animation on tv and it looked very modern and comfortable inside. Much wider seating too.

SandMan:"oh yeah, sporx is totally hot"
Mack View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Has no impulse! control

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 July 2007 at 12:07pm

People have such a horrible sarcasm/lie detector around here... I mean... cmon, USAF pretends that he plays D2 paintball and that he works in Tippmann R&D.

Actually, I just wanted an excuse to use the "prodigy" pun.*

*What can I say, I just like really bad puns. (If I ever get a strike it will probably be for really bad puns.)

P.S. Thanks USAF for giving me the opportunity to use it.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
  Share Topic