FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

You CAN snipe in paintball. Seriously.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
Author
sinisterNorth View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
1 strike, language, 10/3

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sinisterNorth Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 April 2008 at 10:22am
Originally posted by Mack Mack wrote:

Originally posted by StormyKnight StormyKnight wrote:

Not at all.  Cards are good for playing poker, solitaire and Go Fish.  I would never bring a paintball to a cardgame.

Player 1:  "My full house beats your 3 of a kind."

Player 2:  "Jerk!"

POP POP POP POP POP

Player 1:  "Ref . . . overshooting!  Ref!"

I lol'd.

I think it is a cool concept but like Stormy said, I wouldn't stand to be eliminated from a game without actually being hit.
Pumpker'd; (V.) When a pump player runs up and shoots you at point blank range because you thought 20bps made you good.
StormyKnight View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote StormyKnight Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 April 2008 at 4:58pm
[sarcasm]What's to stop somebody from making an artillery card?  I can see it now just as the game begins a player calls a ref over to use his card to fire a shell at the opposite end of the field.  Boom.  Other team completely eliminated without a shot being fired.  Game over.  Yeah, that is just good fun.[/sarcasm]

Edited by StormyKnight - 19 April 2008 at 4:59pm
DeTrevni View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
b-YOU-ick. Was that so hard?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DeTrevni Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 April 2008 at 6:08pm
Well, there is an air strike card (not sarcasm).

Okay. You're in a bunker. The bunker was hit with a LAW. You're caught in the blast. You're out. Not much different; you weren't hit by a paintball...

Look, this is one of those "don't knock it until you try it" things. I can understand how it doesn't sound appealing, but it actually works out quite well when applied.
Evil Elvis: "Detrevni is definally like a hillbilly hippy from hell"

StormyKnight View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote StormyKnight Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 April 2008 at 7:43pm

Originally posted by DeTrevni DeTrevni wrote:

Well, there is an air strike card (not sarcasm).

[/sigh]   

Ken Majors View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
Tree? What tree? OW!!!! Dangit!!!!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ken Majors Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 April 2008 at 11:22pm
What is this "Paintball: The Gathering"?
RLTW
Reb Cpl View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
2010 Worst Luck award winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Reb Cpl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 April 2008 at 5:20pm
Ugh.

F-- on this idea.

I swear, if I showed up to a game and this was enacted, I'd go home. Why in the hell should some dude dressed in a bush suit be able to get me out just by looking at me? When I see opponents from concealed positions all the time and can't do anything about it because they're out of range?

Crap on this. It's absolutely ridiculous. We're amending the rules of the game to pander to video-induced conceptions of awesomeness that these kids have of the game and combat simulations.

I think I'll sell all my markers, buy a ghillie and a deck of tarot cards, and I can be the most successful paintball player out there.....or....would I not be a paintball player anymore?

strunkie0201 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote strunkie0201 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 April 2008 at 5:41pm
this hole idea is bull "if I have no paint on me I'm no out"   All though the laser idea is good         &n bsp;     
Reb Cpl View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
2010 Worst Luck award winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Reb Cpl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 April 2008 at 9:39am
Originally posted by strunkie0201 strunkie0201 wrote:

this hole idea is bull "if I have no paint on me I'm no out"   All though the laser idea is good         &a mp;n bsp;     

I still hate it, because....even if you're a general, what paintball player stays in one place long enough for the 'sniper' to call the referee, who walks over and tags the guy? What's to say that this 'sniper' doesn't cheat and radio the ref and say 'Yeah, uh, I sniped the general, but he moved from where he was before you got there.....I swear I got him though' while in reality, super-camper never saw the general at all. How does the ref know?

Its another excuse to pander to the crowd who watched too much tv or plays too many video games.

carl_the_sniper View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Strike 1 - 7/29, Bad Linky

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote carl_the_sniper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 April 2008 at 5:50pm
Originally posted by Reb Cpl Reb Cpl wrote:

Originally posted by strunkie0201 strunkie0201 wrote:

this hole idea is bull "if I have no paint on me I'm no out"   All though the laser idea is   good          &a mp;n bsp;       
I still hate it, because....even if you're a general, what paintball player stays in one place long enough for the 'sniper' to call the referee, who walks over and tags the guy? What's to say that this 'sniper' doesn't cheat and radio the ref and say 'Yeah, uh, I sniped the general, but he moved from where he was before you got there.....I swear I got him though' while in reality, super-camper never saw the general at all. How does the ref know?Its another excuse to pander to the crowd who watched too much tv or plays too many video games.
<just say no to unnecessarily sexualized sigs>
captpainntball7 View Drop Down
strike 1- flaming/crudity 3/30

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote captpainntball7 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 April 2008 at 10:14pm
sooo lame
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
  Share Topic