FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

You CAN snipe in paintball. Seriously.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
Author
__sneaky__ View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Voted 2010 Most Improved Forumer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote __sneaky__ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 July 2007 at 12:41am
it'd make bunkering a much easier stratagy... they cant shoot back if with just some card thingy
"I AM a crossdresser." -Reb Cpl

Forum Vice President
Styro Folme View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Strike 1 - Rules 1 and 2

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Styro Folme Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 July 2007 at 3:48am
Originally posted by DeTrevni DeTrevni wrote:

I don't know why everyone is freaking out. It's for a major scenario series, the players are told about the positions. They are fully aware of the position and it's capabilities. It's not like it's all encompassing...

i'd still go to a scenario with that rule in it...

but i still won't snipe
X
Ticalxx421 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
guested. Doesn’t learn.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ticalxx421 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 July 2007 at 11:12am
I was playing woodsball in Mine and my friends feild yesterday. It was a nice 8-8 Game and we have some place set up on High Ground on a hill that over looks the main playing feild where everybody goes. Not many people go to the high ground spot because it is a nice little 70 degree climb. When the game started i was put on a team with a bunch of retards and they All Grouped like 3 feet away from eachother and would not move. I got the idea to go up to the high ground. Just as i was getting there i looked down and i seen my group of guys getting circled. Because i had clear veiw of them and the guys surronding them i started to ''SNIPE'' off the team. They had no idea where the shots were coming from. I managed to get 4 kills befor some douche on my team pointed at me and yelled HELP US! Then i just got rushed and lit up. Thats my story
[IMG]http://i14.tinypic.com/73e0l8j.jpg">
     Represent!
DeTrevni View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
b-YOU-ick. Was that so hard?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DeTrevni Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 April 2008 at 7:32pm
Bump for update!

I refereed for the said scenario organizer last weekend (Viper Paintball), and this system works! Each general gets money (not real money) for completed missions. And with this money, he can buy special benefits, like air strikes and snipers. What happens is the general purchases a sniper card, gives the card to the player, and the player can now use it to get a single elimination on any person in his line of sight, confirmed by a referee. Example: I'm just chilling, watching what's going on, and I get called over.

"Hey ref!"
"Yeah?"
"See that guy sticking out over there, behind that bunker?"
"Which one?"
"The one with the Double-Trouble A-5, keeping our lines back [true story]."
"Oh yeah."
*player hands me sniper card*
"He's sniped."
"K."
*I call nearest ref over to A-5 guy, or run over there myself to call player out. A-5 guy is confused, then upset, but resigned to his fate*

It works. I had to do that a lot...
Evil Elvis: "Detrevni is definally like a hillbilly hippy from hell"

ThatGuitarGuy View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
Square Slot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ThatGuitarGuy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 April 2008 at 8:19pm
This takes all of the skill out of sniping though.  Handing a ref a card and pointing to someone doesn't require adjustments for distance, windage, elevation, or any of the stuff that we have to adjust for in real life.  While yes, I can see how it could be useful in big scenario games, it just seems cheap.
Skillet:     I've never been terribly fond of the look of a vagina
DeTrevni View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DeTrevni Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 April 2008 at 8:35pm
And as a military man, I'm sure you can understand how handing a card is about as close as we can get in the game of paintball.

ThatGuitarGuy View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
Square Slot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ThatGuitarGuy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 April 2008 at 8:40pm
Right, but can we make them go through some sort of "Card-sniper" courses first? To teach them some basic sniping tactics, rather than just "Hey, here's this card, all you have to do it show a ref who you want killed, and we'll remove him from the game for you"
Skillet:     I've never been terribly fond of the look of a vagina
DeTrevni View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DeTrevni Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 April 2008 at 8:45pm
I'm sure there's room for the cards to be tweaked. But to be honest, when I reffed the game, people seemed happy with the way things were. While it may take some of the "feel" out of sniping, I say don't fix what ain't broken.

Plus it was fun when both sides met each other in the center speedball field. Sniper cards flying left and right! I've never seen mass sniper war.

ukassassin69 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ukassassin69 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 April 2008 at 8:54pm
I've been hit with a sniper card before.. well not exactly sniper but and RPG card... It was at the Battle of the Bulge at Skirmish, the group I was with just had been reinserted after the 20 minute wait. After we stepped back on the field a Ref came up to all of us and told us a RPG had exploded here and we were all dead. So another 20 minute wait till we could get back into the game good times.
Evil Elvis View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Crusher of Dreams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Evil Elvis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 April 2008 at 10:27pm
This how you reply to "Sniper Cards"
StormyKnight View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote StormyKnight Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 April 2008 at 8:15am

This is quite possibly the silliest thing I've ever heard.  Heck, might as well not even bring a paintball marker into the game, just a deck of cards and your magic pointing finger.

DeTrevni View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DeTrevni Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 April 2008 at 10:28am

I don't know how many times I'm going to have to say this. They cost the general game money, and they ain't cheap. Some people are blowing this entirely out of proportion. It's not like everyone has like 10 cards. When I said "mass sniper warfare," I meant there were like 6 or 7 calls. Out of like 20 on each side (the rest of each team was off in the woods somewhere). Saying people shouldn't even bring their markers is 3x as "silly" as these cards...

Mack View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Has no impulse! control

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 April 2008 at 11:49am
While this may put "snipers" in paintball, it doesn't create "paintball snipers."  After all, paintballs aren't even part of the elimination process.

Maybe the general should be allowed to pay higher prices for more powerful "snipers" as well.

"That shot was made by my 33rd level sniper from his couch at home.  He didn't even have to put down his beer."

ammolord View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ammolord Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 April 2008 at 12:52pm

Originally posted by Mack Mack wrote:

While this may put "snipers" in paintball, it doesn't create "paintball snipers."  After all, paintballs aren't even part of the elimination process.

Maybe the general should be allowed to pay higher prices for more powerful "snipers" as well.

"That shot was made by my 33rd level sniper from his couch at home.  He didn't even have to put down his beer."

i loled

PSN Tag: AmmoLord
XBL: xXAmmoLordXx

~Minister of Tinkering With Things That Go "BOOM!"(AKA Minister of Munitions)~
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote StormyKnight Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 April 2008 at 6:26pm

Originally posted by DeTrevni DeTrevni wrote:

Saying people shouldn't even bring their markers is 3x as "silly" as these cards...

If I could snipe and always get an elimination just by informing a ref, why would I need a marker?  Who would want to go out on the field with a marker only to be eliminated because somebody waved a ref over to give him a card?  "I saw him, here's his card."  We'd be better off playing a game of children's tag.  When you take paintball out of the equation, it isn't paintball anymore.

DeTrevni View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DeTrevni Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 April 2008 at 7:27pm

Once again, you are completely missing what's going on here. It's not like everyone has a sniper card they can use infinitely. Each card is good for 1 elimination, and each card is expensive. You can't just constantly "point and click" and get everyone out. 1 ELIMINATION ONLY.

Your analogy is way too exaggerated.

Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote StormyKnight Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 April 2008 at 1:33am
Sorry, but I just couldn't play a scenario game where you can be eliminated without being actually struck with a paintball.
DeTrevni View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DeTrevni Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 April 2008 at 1:55am

Taking it too seriously?

"Paintball is fun."

Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote StormyKnight Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 April 2008 at 2:08am
Not at all.  Cards are good for playing poker, solitaire and Go Fish.  I would never bring a paintball to a cardgame.
Mack View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Has no impulse! control

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 April 2008 at 10:17am
Originally posted by StormyKnight StormyKnight wrote:

Not at all.  Cards are good for playing poker, solitaire and Go Fish.  I would never bring a paintball to a cardgame.

Player 1:  "My full house beats your 3 of a kind."

Player 2:  "Jerk!"

POP POP POP POP POP

Player 1:  "Ref . . . overshooting!  Ref!"
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
  Share Topic