FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

This is why Creationists bother me.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 7>
Author
travis75 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
Dear Penthouse....

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote travis75 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: This is why Creationists bother me.
    Posted: 14 July 2007 at 2:01pm
GIGO = Garbage In, Garbage Out
Originally posted by A Creationist trying to disprove the big bang theory A Creationist trying to disprove the big bang theory wrote:

Ok I want to get in on the cake. Bigbang correct if wrong was a explosion right? Well let's say you take ton of tnt and blow up a building does a human or animal come out from the dust and rubble? No. That is were they fail in the bigbang. When in war when we dropped the bomb on japan did a ton more people spawn out of nowhere? No. Also let's do a little test take everthing out of you room or any other place. Now make sure to get everything we don't want any matriels in there. Ok now wait 10 years and see if you get a new computer. Now if that doesn't work wait another 200 years. Wait until you feel enough is enough. Maybe 20,000 years? Hmmm? Still nothing. Well that's why you faile din the bigbang.

Often they talk about things they don't care to understand.  They operate on false or outdated information; whatever will satisfy their "God of the Gaps"

I haven't read about 95%  of the Bible.  Therefore, I don't try and argue with someone about it.  I wish this guy would have read up on what he was attacking before he made a fool of himself.

EDIT-  I'm not wanting to start a debate, I just wanted to show you guys and sporx this wonderful tidbit of logic I found on the 'nets.

Edited by travis75 - 14 July 2007 at 2:04pm
Hey MPAA, Guess what?

09 f9 11 02 9d 74 e3 5b d8 41 56 c5 63 56 88 c0!
MT. Vigilante View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
Captain America

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MT. Vigilante Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 July 2007 at 2:03pm
I do not believe the "Big Bang" is immplausible, and I am a christian. I fail to see how it goes against anything in the Bible since the Bible starts out with the creation of earth, and not the creation of the Universe.
Join the XP Re-Revolution!
DBibeau855 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
IIIIIMMMMM BAAACCCKKK

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DBibeau855 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 July 2007 at 2:16pm
It says god created the heavens and the earth. Its up to him how he wants to do that. If god wanted to us a big explosion of cosmic size to create and spread around the materials used to create the stars and heavens, well its up to him.
Benjichang View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
I pwned Leroy Jenkins!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Benjichang Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 July 2007 at 2:51pm
People are retarded.
BARREL BREAK View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Prettiest Princess in all the lands

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BARREL BREAK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 July 2007 at 3:03pm
Originally posted by Benjichang Benjichang wrote:

People are retarded.
__sneaky__ View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Voted 2010 Most Improved Forumer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote __sneaky__ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 July 2007 at 3:10pm
I've read the bible... trust me. Even that guys TNT building idea, however deluded it was... makes WAAAAAAAAAAY more sense than what that book teaches.
"I AM a crossdresser." -Reb Cpl

Forum Vice President
Jack Carver View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jack Carver Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 July 2007 at 3:14pm
Originally posted by BARREL BREAK BARREL BREAK wrote:

Originally posted by Benjichang Benjichang wrote:

People are retarded.
rednekk98 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Dead man...

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rednekk98 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 July 2007 at 3:22pm
After seeing that I have to wonder how often posts from this place get brought up in other forums as examples of stupidity.
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote __sneaky__ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 July 2007 at 3:23pm

Originally posted by rednekk98 rednekk98 wrote:

After seeing that I have to wonder how often posts from this place get brought up in other forums as examples of stupidity.
with some of our members...(me included)

probly pretty often.

Forum Vice President
Da Hui View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Guested, 9/13 Inappropiate post content

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Da Hui Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 July 2007 at 3:27pm
Is it true that mortals lived to be 500+ years of age, or so says the bible?
choopie911 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Commie Canuck

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote choopie911 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 July 2007 at 3:32pm
Originally posted by A Creationist trying to disprove the big bang theory A Creationist trying to disprove the big bang theory wrote:

Also
let's do a little test take everthing out of you room or any other
place. Now make sure to get everything we don't want any matriels in
there. Ok now wait 10 years and see if you get a new computer. Now if
that doesn't work wait another 200 years. Wait until you feel enough is
enough. Maybe 20,000 years? Hmmm? Still nothing.

So...doesn't that cover creationism?

Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote __sneaky__ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 July 2007 at 3:34pm

Originally posted by Da Hui Da Hui wrote:

the oldest one was over 900...

if you had long hair, it was a discrace to god.

if you had you male-organs injured permanently, you where not allowed to go to church.

if you had a dissobediant child, you where to stone them to death.

if a girl was raped in the city and no one heard her scream, she was to be stoned.

if you where born a gentile (not a jew) you couldnt be saved, you where born into salvation...

and thats just a few things from the old testament... it gets way worse.

Forum Vice President
Da Hui View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Guested, 9/13 Inappropiate post content

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Da Hui Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 July 2007 at 3:37pm
Originally posted by __sneaky__ __sneaky__ wrote:

if you had you male-organs injured permanently, you where not allowed to go to church.

if a girl was raped in the city and no one heard her scream, she was to be stoned.

if you where born a gentile (not a jew) you couldnt be saved, you where born into salvation...

Any chance you know exactly where it says some of that in the bible.I'm in the midst of a religious debate. Me Vs. Pretty much my entire family
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote __sneaky__ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 July 2007 at 3:45pm

Any chance you know exactly where it says some of that in the bible.I'm in the midst of a religious debate. Me Vs. Pretty much my entire family
heh, I just had the exact same debate last night...

and to that long hair being a discrace to god, sorry... that was for men only, even tho sampson was forced to have long hair, and jesus had long hair, and moses had long hair, etc...

I'll see if I can find the exact referances for ya.

Forum Vice President
travis75 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
Dear Penthouse....

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote travis75 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 July 2007 at 3:52pm

Like 950 or something, or at least that Noah guy.

But anyway, the same guy tried to say that the 7 days it took God to make everything were figurative and it really took millions of years.   Then someone called him out as to how Mr. 900 years old was really trillions of years old.
Hey MPAA, Guess what?

travis75 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
Dear Penthouse....

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote travis75 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 July 2007 at 3:53pm
Originally posted by rednekk98 rednekk98 wrote:

The thread (and poster) behind my sig is a prime example.

Originally posted by RevoXT RevoXT wrote:

Xbox 360 is a Tri-Dual.. which means it has 3 dual cores = 6 cpus... 

Edited by travis75 - 14 July 2007 at 3:55pm
Hey MPAA, Guess what?

Shub View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
I donít have one either. Is that good???

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shub Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 July 2007 at 5:48pm
Methuselah lived to be 969 years old, according to the Bible.
Ghost-Rider View Drop Down
Strike 2, Filter Dodge 8/12

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ghost-Rider Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 July 2007 at 5:51pm
The sun will die.....we will die.
blackdog144 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote blackdog144 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 July 2007 at 7:27pm
i am a Christian and the idea of two atoms colliding in the vastnass of the universe is impossible. How can that creat a bang capable of creating life?

MT. Vigilante View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
Captain America

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MT. Vigilante Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 July 2007 at 7:47pm

Where in the world are you getting these things!? I have read the Bible through and through many a time, and I have no clue where any of these things are.

This one is actually almost true. Yes only jews could be saved under levitical law, but Gentiles could convert to Judiaism and they whould be saved, but converting to Judiaism makes you a Jew in Levitical law, so still, technicaly only jews could be saved. Also, jews could infact lose thier salvation by sinning and refusing to repent, just like nowadays under Christian doctrine.

But you also have to remember that you cannot judge what christians believe based on many of the things in the old testement since Levitical law was made null and void by Christ's death and resurection. Paul even compared the Law of the Prophets to slavery in Galatians.

Join the XP Re-Revolution!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 7>
  Share Topic