Tippmann Pneumatics Inc. Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Stump Shenk, win memory!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 7>
Author
Shub View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
I donít have one either. Is that good???

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shub Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 July 2007 at 2:53am
Originally posted by RoboCop RoboCop wrote:

How much power does a flux capacitor need to send a delorean back in time?

1.21 gigawatts.
Jack Carver View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jack Carver Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 July 2007 at 3:05am
I think it was jiga-watts, which is a made up SI prefix right? gigawatts would be pronounced like a gig of ram or whatever.
Shub View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
I donít have one either. Is that good???

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shub Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 July 2007 at 3:14am
I think Christopher Lloyd was simply pronouncing the giga with a hard G sound, sounding like J.
Enos Shenk View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
~-o@

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Enos Shenk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 July 2007 at 6:01am
Originally posted by Mehs Mehs wrote:

Explain the workings of a boiler.

Trying to catch up on some of these here. Stealth's uber-specific question is definately out of range of my personal knowledge, but Im sure I can find out.

Anyway, a boiler. Theres been quite a few different variants, but at its core a boiler needs 2 chambers, one to burn some combustible stuff like coal, and one to hold water to heat to steam.

The most effecient, the type used in steam locomotives at their peak, used a series of pipes running horizontally along the length of the boiler. The hot air and gasses from the firebox would go through these tubes on the way to the smokestack, and the water chamber that the tubes passed through meant the water had tons of surface area contacting the "heat", making for very effecient boiling.
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
~-o@

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Enos Shenk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 July 2007 at 6:12am
Anyway, obscure acronyms dont count. So please define MPFI and BCPL, at least give the words 
The Guy View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Soup Can Guy

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Guy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 July 2007 at 6:35am
What is the Square Root of Awesome?
The Guy View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Soup Can Guy

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Guy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 July 2007 at 6:40am
What is the J dimension on a boat?
WGP guy2 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
I play the Bag Pipes

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WGP guy2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 July 2007 at 8:23am
Originally posted by Enos Shenk Enos Shenk wrote:

Originally posted by WGP guy2 WGP guy2 wrote:

What is the primary way to affect the speed of an aircraft?  (as in what mainly controls the speed)

Well, the only things that can affect speed are the propulsion force, the drag, and the force of gravity.

The easiest to alter would be gravity. Drop the angle of attack, and gravity is on your side, increasing the speed. Put it in a dive and go REALLY fast!

Props to you, Mr. Shenk.  I half expected the typical MOAR POWA response.
Skillet42565 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Actuarry itís Skirret

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Skillet42565 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 July 2007 at 8:56am
Isn't Stealth's question more on electricity than mechanics?
sporx View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sporx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 July 2007 at 9:09am
What is it called when there is a bowling pin stuck on top of the rack, the rack is stuck halfway down, and it looks like there is a bowling pin stuck in the gutter?

(these are simple bowling mechanic terms)
travis75 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
Dear Penthouse....

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote travis75 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 July 2007 at 9:17am
Shenk:

What is Net Positive Suction Head?
Hey MPAA, Guess what?

09 f9 11 02 9d 74 e3 5b d8 41 56 c5 63 56 88 c0!
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
~-o@

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Enos Shenk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 July 2007 at 11:00am
Originally posted by travis75 travis75 wrote:

Shenk:

Its a ridiculously complicated measurement for pumping liquids. According to my bible, its basically how much stuff your pump can pump, factoring in damn near everything someone could think of. Atmospheric pressure, specific gravity of the fluid, specs of your pump, and how high you want to pump the stuff.
Dye Playa View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Guested- Reposted Inapropiate Link.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dye Playa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 July 2007 at 11:13am
Originally posted by Dye Playa Dye Playa wrote:

how does an mpfi system work?

mpfi=multi port fuel injection
High Voltage View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Fire in the disco

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote High Voltage Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 July 2007 at 11:30am
What exactly did the little hole under the trigger frame of my spyder do in terms of blowback gas management?
*Stealth* View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Watermarked

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote *Stealth* Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 July 2007 at 12:17pm
Originally posted by Skillet42565 Skillet42565 wrote:

Isn't Stealth's question more on electricity than mechanics?

A mix of both.

Edited by *Stealth* - 14 July 2007 at 12:22pm
WHO says eating pork is safe, but Mexicans have even cut back on their beloved greasy pork tacos. - MSNBC on the Swine Flu
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
~-o@

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Enos Shenk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 July 2007 at 12:21pm
Originally posted by High Voltage High Voltage wrote:

What exactly did the little hole under the trigger frame of my spyder do in terms of blowback gas management?

The hole in the reciever? I asked the same question, mainly when I plugged the thing up and it didnt work.

It lets the air trapped between the hammer and the valve out, otherwise its like an air shock absorber, the hammer wont hit the valve correctly.
travis75 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
Dear Penthouse....

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote travis75 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 July 2007 at 12:46pm
Originally posted by Enos Shenk Enos Shenk wrote:

Originally posted by travis75 travis75 wrote:

Shenk:

Its a ridiculously complicated measurement for pumping liquids. According to my bible, its basically how much stuff your pump can pump, factoring in damn near everything someone could think of. Atmospheric pressure, specific gravity of the fluid, specs of your pump, and how high you want to pump the stuff.

Now I know what i'm up against.
Hey MPAA, Guess what?

travis75 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
Dear Penthouse....

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote travis75 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 July 2007 at 1:02pm
Master Shenk:

1:  Explain the difference between reaction and impulse turbines.

2:  Explain the theory-of-operation of a Stirling-cycle engine.

3:  Explain the ToO of a Tesla Coil (for funzies)

4:  What is a pulsejet and how does it work?

5:  What is a Rhombic drive used for?

Edited by travis75 - 14 July 2007 at 1:04pm
Hey MPAA, Guess what?

travis75 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
Dear Penthouse....

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote travis75 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 July 2007 at 1:19pm
6:  How does VTEC work? (Automotive, not college)

7:  How does an Automatic Transmission's hydraulic control system work?  I'm referring to this number.  I just want you to explain the various valves their input/output.

8:  You might as well explain the operation of the planetary gearset as well.  I won't insult your intelligence by asking you how a torque converter works.
Hey MPAA, Guess what?

SSOK View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
The Savior of Christmas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SSOK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 July 2007 at 1:33pm
What does one need to do to make a lawnmower pop a wheelie?
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 7>
  Share Topic