Tippmann Pneumatics Inc. Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

xt or ext

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
metalhead0791 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote metalhead0791 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: xt or ext
    Posted: 07 July 2007 at 1:31am
I can not decide if I should get the triumph ext or xt, I know electronic triggers are nice, but I don't have the cash to get the electronic hopper and xt is cheaper, but which should I go with(I promise this is my last thread about triumph)
jordanpischke View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jordanpischke Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 July 2007 at 1:36am

I personally dont know. Not many people have a triumph so its hard to get help. You could just save up enough money until you can afford a electric hopper or buy a used electric hopper.

Edited by jordanpischke - 07 July 2007 at 1:38am

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote metalhead0791 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 July 2007 at 1:49am
My problem was, I found an xt for 50 dollars at walmart, and for about the same price as an xt powerpack, I can get the xt, a 20 oz co2 tank and mask, but if the electronic trigger is all it is cracked up to be I might think about it, but i will only be paint balling as recreation so I think the xt would be fine im just clueless about good markers.
RoboCop View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Aw man, my butt is rusted...

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RoboCop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 July 2007 at 1:50am

Or just save your money for a better paintball gun. I can see why, you are getting it. It costs less than $100. If you really are considering playing paintball as a hobby, and you can't afford a gun that is over $100, you need to find something else to do. Paintball is an expensive sport and on a one day outing, you could be spending almost $100. It all depends on the field and pricing.

The triumph series isn't even under the Tippmann category at some online stores. Kinda shows how dissapointed Tippmann is in their product.

Edited by RoboCop - 07 July 2007 at 1:51am

SandMan:"oh yeah, sporx is totally hot"

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote metalhead0791 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 July 2007 at 1:59am
I have heard it has tippman 98 custom internals so it can not be that bad, plus I do not care about how much it costs to play, I just do not need a top of the line gun for rec play, and just because a company makes an off brand does not mean the company is disappointed in their product. i.e. fender guitars made squire guitars, squire does not suck, so why does triumph suck?
RoboCop View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RoboCop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 July 2007 at 2:19am
I don't say they suck. They look terrible but looks aren't everything. Yes it is the same internals but it's harder to do anything with it if something goes wrong inside and you have barely any room to customize. You could drop less than $100 on a used Custom Pro E than a new Triumph. Seriously you should consider doing that. You will be much happier with your decision. I am sure there are a lot of people on pbnation wanting to get rid of their pro E for really cheap and have a lot of good feedback.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote metalhead0791 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 July 2007 at 2:28am
It is not that I have a problem with 98 customs, but I just want a marker ready to use out of the box with the upgrades I would want, and preferably would like to go mechanical, because im only 15 and in high school, I don't have a huge budget and even things like batterys for an electronic marker are just an extra thing I dont wanna spend money on., so I need to keep to minimals, and I won't have to worry about field costs because I have woods behind my house where me and some friends could paintball quite nicely. 

Edited by metalhead0791 - 07 July 2007 at 2:30am
RoboCop View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RoboCop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 July 2007 at 2:42am

Then get a used regular Custom Pro. It's going to look good right out of the box especially because the paint is extremely hard to mess up. It will stand up to the woods better because it has a metal body. It is way more customizeable than a Triumph so if there is something small that is bothering you, it will be easy to make it better or fix it.

I'm not entirely bashing the Triumph line. I am just trying to help you make a better choice. Sure the Triumph might be a cool tinker toy, but not something to use often.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote metalhead0791 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 July 2007 at 2:54am
thanks so much, ill look into the 98 custom pro!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic