FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

You havent lived until

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
evillepaintball View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Not sexy - only dangerous to self

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote evillepaintball Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: You havent lived until
    Posted: 04 July 2007 at 1:54pm
I was riding my bike down the highway yesterday, cruisin along at about 65mph.  I come up to an intersection where i have a red light.  "ok" i say to myself "ill just apply the brakes and stop."  Wrong.  as soon as a hit the rear brake, the petal jerked violently, and went limp.  now, i am screwed.  my rear brake is completely out, theres cars stopped in front of me, and even worse, cars going through the intersection perpindicular to me.  so i do what any reasonable person would in this situation: cut accross two lanes of traffic, cut off a student driver in the turn lane, run the light and turn off the highway.  Good times.
FROG MAN View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Strike 1- Language, 11/29/09

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FROG MAN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 July 2007 at 1:59pm
gear down?
<1 meg sig = bad>
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote evillepaintball Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 July 2007 at 2:03pm
i did, but i didnt have enough room for that to help too much

Hairball!!! View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

traded 2yo strike for crappy title

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hairball!!! Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 July 2007 at 2:14pm
Press your foot against the tread of the tire. But the pressure application has to be moderated closely, or you'll just wedge it and lock it up.
FROG MAN View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Strike 1- Language, 11/29/09

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FROG MAN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 July 2007 at 2:17pm

Originally posted by Hairball!!! Hairball!!! wrote:

Press your foot against the tread of the tire. But the pressure application has to be moderated closely, or you'll just wedge it and lock it up.

turning 65 mph of kinetic engery into heat through your foot probably isnt a good plan.

<1 meg sig = bad>
Hitman View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Why yes, I am JUST THAT cool, thx...

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hitman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 July 2007 at 2:39pm
I'd jump off on the move Tommy Vercetti style.
[IMG]http://img527.imageshack.us/img527/4874/stellatn8.jpg">

Glassjaw View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Took down Mike Tyson

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Glassjaw Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 July 2007 at 2:43pm
Front brake much?
The desire for polyester is just to powerful.
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote evillepaintball Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 July 2007 at 2:57pm
Originally posted by Glassjaw Glassjaw wrote:

Front brake much?

yeah, but it wasnt enough.  locking the front brake is no fun, and that alone wasnt enough to stop me.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic