Tippmann Pneumatics Inc. Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

bipods for 98 customs

Post Reply Post Reply
Poll Question: Should there be bipods for 98 customs?
Poll Choice Votes Poll Statistics
6 [28.57%]
15 [71.43%]
You can not vote in this poll

Author
waga118 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote waga118 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: bipods for 98 customs
    Posted: 28 June 2007 at 1:09am
I think there should be bipods that latch on to most barrels or that fit into the left hand handle thingy( if u use ellen key the bottom will come off).It would make you be able to lean your gun on something if you are sniping and wouldnt have to put your barrel against something.

I have black Custom- all standard except for 14 inch barrel.
South Park is awsome.
waga118 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote waga118 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 June 2007 at 1:13am
plz vote and show your opinion

I have black Custom- all standard except for 14 inch barrel.
South Park is awsome.
Hella Cool View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
Screw you guys, I’m going home

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hella Cool Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 June 2007 at 1:36am
There are bipods that attach to most barrels, however bipods are not a good upgrade at all and will hinder your game. I bought one years ago and regretted it.

P.S. There are no snipers in paintball.
Styro Folme View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Strike 1 - Rules 1 and 2

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Styro Folme Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 June 2007 at 3:13am
Originally posted by Hella Cool Hella Cool wrote:

There are bipods that attach to most barrels, however bipods are not a good upgrade at all and will hinder your game. I bought one years ago and regretted it.

X
ownagewith98 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ownagewith98 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 June 2007 at 9:22am
bi pods are a waste unless your scenario and gaurding your base
barn_user View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
Strike 1 - Filterdodge, 3/20

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote barn_user Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 June 2007 at 9:56am
Bi pods are only useful in real gun situations. As to steady your gun and being able to rest it on something when shooting. It's pointless in paintball.
Ticalxx421 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
guested. Doesn’t learn.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ticalxx421 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 June 2007 at 12:20pm

i think the word sniper should be treated like all the cuss words here. bring on the strikes

[IMG]http://i14.tinypic.com/73e0l8j.jpg">
     Represent!
jordanpischke View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jordanpischke Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 June 2007 at 12:59pm

IMO bipods are useless. You can just hold your gun up it doesn't weigh that much.

mod98commando View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mod98commando Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 July 2007 at 4:09am
Bipods don't really have much practicality in paintball but they're good to complete a milsim look. I got one for my 98 just because I had the money and liked how it looked. I guess I could use it in some situations if I wanted to but I'm usually too distracted to think of using it. As for the poll, it's pointless because there are already bipods available that you can mount onto the 98. In fact, most just mount onto the barrel directly  rather than a shroud so they're actually universal.
oreomann33: Everybody invades Poland
Rofl_Mao: And everyone eats turkey
Me: But only if they're hungary
Mack: Yeah but hungary people go russian through their food and end up with greece on everyth
Mack View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Has no impulse! control

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 July 2007 at 1:11pm
Originally posted by Styro Folme Styro Folme wrote:

Originally posted by Hella Cool Hella Cool wrote:

ravenhawknfa View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ravenhawknfa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 July 2007 at 8:03pm

i am totally pro bipod for 98s. My reason is:

i just go an X7 witha response trigger, and realized how fun it is to unload on cover. So in backyard paintball, you can make a base, get a 98 with response trigger, cyclone feed, a bipod, and a 20 oz tanks. then in big games, you can fall back to your base and use the big setup machine gun, like in WWII. bipods would suck for the 'paintball marksmen' but for the 'paintball havey machinegunner' it would be a godsend.

Custom Pro. All Stock.
X7
Respons Trigger (X7)
Coming Soon:
XP5 Foregrip
Commando Air-Thru Stock
M-16 Carrier
m-16 short cartridge.

Looking to open a field.
SSOK View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
The Savior of Christmas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SSOK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 July 2007 at 9:59pm
Originally posted by ravenhawknfa ravenhawknfa wrote:

i just go an X7 witha response trigger, and realized how fun it is to unload on cover. So in backyard paintball, you can make a base, get a 98 with response trigger, cyclone feed, a bipod, and a 20 oz tanks. then in big games, you can fall back to your base and use the big setup machine gun, like in WWII. bipods would suck for the 'paintball marksmen' but for the 'paintball havey machinegunner' it would be a godsend.

Im not going to argue with you, but yes, having a full auto marker with a bi-pod mounted on a bunker and mowing down waves of people is fun, its not practical. Using a bi-pod is inpractical, as you could just hang out of the side of the bunker and fire, resulting in a smaller profile. Watch band of brothers, the only time bi/tri pods are used, is when someone is using a Browning .30 cal, or an MG42 from a high position. MG's and Brownings are very heavy, powerful, large caliber machine guns that aren't as manueverable as a small Tippmann 98.

Sgt_Hoot View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sgt_Hoot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 July 2007 at 9:17am
Originally posted by SSOK SSOK wrote:

Im not going to argue with you, but yes, having a full auto marker with a bi-pod mounted on a bunker and mowing down waves of people is fun, its not practical. Using a bi-pod is inpractical, as you could just hang out of the side of the bunker and fire, resulting in a smaller profile. Watch band of brothers, the only time bi/tri pods are used, is when someone is using a Browning .30 cal, or an MG42 from a high position. MG's and Brownings are very heavy, powerful, large caliber machine guns that aren't as manueverable as a small Tippmann 98.

agreed i borrowed friends bipod and tried it i used it some in the woods but not much and when speedball time came I had a useless hunk of metal on my gun.
A-5 Response
20 oz tank
Flatline barrel
4x100 round pods
Assault vest
Kingtiger View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
Now with 100% more Fail

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kingtiger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 July 2007 at 6:18am
useless and its spelled allen wrench
Steam: Kingtiger125
ravenhawknfa View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ravenhawknfa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 July 2007 at 7:19pm
Originally posted by Sgt_Hoot Sgt_Hoot wrote:

Originally posted by SSOK SSOK wrote:

agreed i borrowed friends bipod and tried it i used it some in the woods but not much and when speedball time came I had a useless hunk of metal on my gun.

i know, but this gun woiuld be STUCK to sandbags, you dont move it, its like a fall back position. I got a spare gun and spare cash. Mass producing BiPods is definatly a waste of moneyy definatly. I still think it would be a little fun. Keeping in mind have never used a bipod

Custom Pro. All Stock.
X7
Respons Trigger (X7)
Coming Soon:
XP5 Foregrip
Commando Air-Thru Stock
M-16 Carrier
m-16 short cartridge.

Looking to open a field.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic