Tippmann Pneumatics Inc. Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

98C + Nitro + Cyclone

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
+DreX+ View Drop Down

Strike 1-inappropriate image

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote +DreX+ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 98C + Nitro + Cyclone
    Posted: 24 June 2007 at 5:46pm
I have a 98c running a cyclone. I use nitro without a reg or expansion chamber, lately my gun has stopped shooting, forcing me to either cock or load a ball if the bolt is still cocked.
I have taken the gun apart multiple times and gone thru parts list, so I know that I am not leaking air/ missing pieces.
Anyone have any ideas?
I have heard it said that the Nitro is too light a gas to push the cyclone, but i do not think so because I used the tank on a friends 98c with response trigger and it worked fine.
Insert Fail Here
RoboCop View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Aw man, my butt is rusted...

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RoboCop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 June 2007 at 7:52pm
Is your tank a high pressure tank?

SandMan:"oh yeah, sporx is totally hot"
+DreX+ View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote +DreX+ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 June 2007 at 10:06am
yes, it also needs to be hydro'd next april if that helps..
Insert Fail Here
RoboCop View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RoboCop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 June 2007 at 11:52am
Maybe it is about time the reg gets cleaned on your tank. It might be restricting airflow if there somehow got dirt in it from filling and what not.

+DreX+ View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote +DreX+ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 June 2007 at 1:01pm
Originally posted by RoboCop RoboCop wrote:

Maybe it is about time the reg gets cleaned on your tank. It might be restricting airflow if there somehow got dirt in it from filling and what not.

How would I be able to clean that, would it require taking the tank apart?
I am not sure, I use cover the fill nipple with the provided cover, but I'm not sure..
Insert Fail Here
RoboCop View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RoboCop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 June 2007 at 2:32pm
Covering or not, things still can get in the tank. What kind of tank do you have?

+DreX+ View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote +DreX+ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 June 2007 at 7:47pm
worr industries 48/3000- it needs to be hydro'd next april
Insert Fail Here
HGROBERTS View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HGROBERTS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 June 2007 at 9:48pm
Check all of your hoses and fittings, and when you have to take your reg off your tank to get it hyrdo'd send it off to JT and have them clean the reg, or take it to the next big tourney. 
bule angel speed 04
g7 lazer eyes
fly board
a4 soft face
freak
boomstick
ultralight
mt trigger
trigger job by ken
cp drop
cp on/off
crossfire 45/45
empire b
--------------------
I have
RoboCop View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RoboCop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 June 2007 at 11:50pm
After reading your original post again, it seems to me that some of the guns seals need replacing or just oiling. Put a few drops of oil in various places inside the gun and in the ASA. Also oil the cyclone. Check the back bolts o-ring to make sure it is not worn because if it is not a sealed fit with the valve, the bolt will not be pushed back fast enough.

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic