FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

<---Newb

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Ticalxx421 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
guested. Doesnít learn.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ticalxx421 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: <---Newb
    Posted: 14 June 2007 at 8:13pm
Hey Whats up? My friends Just got me in to paintballing mainly WoodsBall. So i Went out and picked my self up a Tippmann Custom Pro a.t.c. What would be sum good upgrades to throw on that. All i have so far is a 14'' barrel
[IMG]http://i14.tinypic.com/73e0l8j.jpg">
     Represent!
Clark Kent View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Clark Kent Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 June 2007 at 8:28pm

Welcome to paintball and the forum.

My suggestions for immediate upgrades would be ... none.

Kinda boring, I know, but you will be better served playing a while with the gun you've got before figuring out what you want or need extra.

Gold Member
Gold Member
guested. Doesnít learn.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ticalxx421 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 June 2007 at 8:31pm
allright cool man thanks itll be less strain on the wallet
     Represent!
daniero View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote daniero Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 June 2007 at 8:33pm
Learn about the game, learn how to use / maintain / fix your marker.

First couple of things that come to my mind.

A barrel is the best upgrade you could've gotten up to now, don't hurry into buying more stuff, first learn more about the game.
Silver Invert Mini
Yellow 'Cocker
jordanpischke View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jordanpischke Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 June 2007 at 10:16pm
Yup what they said. Your at the same stage I am right now. I have a 98 Custom ACT with a 14" smart parts linear barrel.
jjclown23 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
No idea whatís inappropriate

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jjclown23 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 June 2007 at 11:12pm
Go play a game, then come back here and tell us why the other players beat you.

For instance, when you tell us that your ball are not flying straight, I would assume it was the inconsistancy of your Co2 being let into your marker, thus telling you to purchase yourself an expansion chamber (preferably X-Core 8 stage).

Trust me, its all uphill from here.

Edited by jjclown23 - 14 June 2007 at 11:12pm
A-5
Response Trigger
DOP Blade Trigger
Polished Internals
X-Chamber
Custom Paint
14" J&J
Evil Elvis View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Crusher of Dreams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Evil Elvis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 June 2007 at 11:17pm
Originally posted by Clark Kent Clark Kent wrote:

Welcome to paintball and the forum.

My suggestions for immediate upgrades would be ... none.

Kinda boring, I know, but you will be better served playing a while with the gun you've got before figuring out what you want or need extra.

best advise you can ever get. Get as much time on the field as you can. Then from there look to see what kind of player you are and what will help your game.
e-rok View Drop Down
3 strikes and hes outta here

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote e-rok Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 June 2007 at 11:37pm
you got yourself a custom pro act which means alot of the upgrades you would get right off the bat came with your gun bud... the double trig, drop forward, anti chop, bigger barrel which you got an even nicer barrel already. so eventualy a drop forward like jj said and maybe n2 down the road, an electric hopper even. one of the greatest things about paintball in my eyes is all the possibilities, what you can do as far as upgrades and gear, shoot youll run outa money way before you get through half of what you wanna do with your junk. but stick with it youll love paintball just like the rest of us that live on these forums. and good luck, post again to tell us whats up and how your doing
Styro Folme View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Strike 1 - Rules 1 and 2

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Styro Folme Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 June 2007 at 2:51am
take clark's advice.

also, if you must upgrade something, the best "off the bat" upgrades would be a cheap-electric hopper (look into a Viewloader reVLution) and a nice, cheap compressed air tank.  Also, goggles are more important than your actual marker, so i'd recommend a nice pair of those.
X
Gold Member
Gold Member
guested. Doesnít learn.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ticalxx421 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 June 2007 at 9:31pm

Whats up guys?
Thank You all for the advice on upgrades, I appreciate it.
I just got finished playing my first ever game wich was WoodsBall.
needless to say i got my A** handed to me on a silver plater, but i managed to do some nice damage to some of my friends aswell.

Now i noticed my shots are a little off. Could just be because im a newb. I also took a nice ball in the side of the neck. Is there a peice of epuipment they sell that will protect my neck?

Last but not least is it safe to put on your Co2 tank wen ur hopper is on and there are balls in it?

Represent!
Gold Member
Gold Member
guested. Doesnít learn.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ticalxx421 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 June 2007 at 9:37pm
Oh and im more of a stay back and let em all come to me type. unless i get flanked then im running
     Represent!
Shub View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
I donít have one either. Is that good???

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shub Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 June 2007 at 9:54pm
There are several things that could affect your accuracy...first, as you mentioned, you are pretty new and too excited to calm down and get a good aim. Second, it could be the barrel...the factory barrel is not fantastic, (but I still wouldn't take the time and money to upgrade JUST yet). Lastly, it very well could be the paint...figuring out what paint shoots well in your gun will come as you play more...cheap or old paint won't shoot well in anyone's gun, but even expensive paint won't do well for you if it is too big or small to fit properly in your gun's barrel...(even though paintballs are all .68 inches in diameter, different brands can vary bigger or smaller about .05").

I have seen players wear shirts with high collars, like buttondown flannels, to protect that neck area...learning to effectively use the cover around you will make you less vulnerable to taking shots...I find usually my gun gets hit, as I don't present much more of a target.

Yep, you can screw your CO2 tank into the gun with the hopper on loaded, as long as everyone has their goggles on. When you apply the air, sometimes the rush of air entering the gun can cycle the valve a few times until the sear catches the hammer...so it COULD potentially fire off a few shots. Cocking your gun before you gas up will prevent this issue, but remember safety first.

Lastly, the only other advice I can recommend off the top of my head is to keep your eyes and ears open. Watch what your teammates are doing, and watch what your opponents are doing. You can read as much as you want on this forum, and the advice may be good, but nothing teaches you how to play paintball better than playing, and watching others play.
Anarc View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Anarc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 June 2007 at 1:11pm
They do sell neoprene neck armor you can pick up for pretty cheap. I have some but I don't use it. It just kinda deadens the shot. And I know how you feel bout the neck shot. I took one in the neck at my last game. I honestly don't think the armor will really help any though. You'll just have to suck it up and deal.
"But we in it shall be remember'd; We few, we happy few, we band of brothers; For he to-day that sheds his blood with me Shall be my brother."
-William Shakespeare "King Henry V"
matt18192532 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote matt18192532 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 June 2007 at 6:09pm
i agree with everyone else... play with it for a while and then see wich upgrades you need
pblover View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pblover Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 June 2007 at 7:05pm
well i've never played b4 and i'm waiting for the rest of my gear to show up but ur aim problem could be cuz ur new or idk if the pro has a ajustible sight cuz the 98c(that's what i have)has an ajustible sight at the back and i know that if u find the right spot for that ur aim might be better, but that's if u use ur sight
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic