Tippmann Pneumatics Inc. Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

a5 co2

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
karp View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote karp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: a5 co2
    Posted: 12 June 2007 at 10:03pm
last weekend when i went paintballing i noticed a few things with my a5 that caught my attention. one was i was having to change the 20oz co2 tank every 750 balls or so (have cyclone feeder and rt) is that normal? i would run low in games and the cyclone feeder would stop feeding so i would have to push the thing on the side of the gun that would manually turn the cyclone feeder and then the gun would shoot two balls and i would have to repeat this. the co2 tank never started chugging showing that they were empty. the gun seemed to be shooting fine distance wise but didnt have the co2 to turn the cyclone i guess. switched the co2 tank and everything was fine. was just wondering if this was normal for some things to stop working under lack of co2 but not others. thanks.
jjclown23 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
No idea what’s inappropriate

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jjclown23 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 June 2007 at 10:21pm
From experience, the R/T will stop working a short time before the tank dies itself.  A-5's also have the reputation of being a gas hog because of such accessories as the cyclone and R/T. 

However, I typically get around 800-900 shots out of my 20oz's before it runs out, so im going to say that your gun is fine.

As for your cyclone, have you tried recocking it?  This past weekend I was having the same problems and after recocking twice (it uncocked itself on two occasions), the gun opperated properly again.

Also, can I please have the specs of your gun?

Thanks
A-5
Response Trigger
DOP Blade Trigger
Polished Internals
X-Chamber
Custom Paint
14" J&J
karp View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote karp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 June 2007 at 10:29pm
its just the normal stock gun with rt. nothing special yet.
klover View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote klover Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 June 2007 at 4:22pm

I just bought my first paintball gun a couple of days ago. I bought the Tippmann A5 R/T. The only upgrade I bought was a 14" progressive barrel by Smart Parts - and a 20oz tank.

We were out playing today and after about 2 hrs my cyclone hopper stopped working (basically the same problem Karp mentioned above). I took it back to the shop I bought it at and the cyclone was working but the response trigger wasn't (at least not consistently). The owner took it apart and it worked for a few tries, then the R/T stopped again. He kept it and said he'd work on it to see if he could figure it out -- any ideas from you pros?

I'm new to paintball but thought I'd spend the extra $$ and buy a good gun - then this happened

I was hoping I could just exchange the gun for a new one, but he didn't have anymore in and said he wouldn't do that anyway - he'd either fix it or send it back to Tippmann - but that could take a month or so --  ---no thanks!

Please help if you have any suggestions. Thanks!

Edited by klover - 16 June 2007 at 4:26pm
ollieb View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ollieb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 June 2007 at 10:00am
That is a problem when you buy a marker.  Most places won't swap them out.  I also purchased one that didn't work the first time I took it out and was told the same thing.  Luckily I paid with a credit card and told the shop that I would inform the CC company that I bought a defective marker and request they not pay.  Walked out with a new marker that was test fired in the store.  Granted I am probably not welcome in that pro shop anymore but I was not going to keep a defective product I paid over $650.00 for and never fired a single paintball through.
klover View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote klover Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 June 2007 at 10:07pm

Well, I talked to the owner of the shop today - he said he spent a day working on it and it's still not working. I told him I either wanted to exchange it or wanted my money back as I only used it for less than 2 hours. He was quite rude and said if I continued to make demands he wouldn't even talk to me. He told me he'd "do what he could" to fix it or else it will have to go back to Tippmann. I'm upset to say the least. Hopefully they'll get it figured out.

I talked to another owner of a local paintball shop - he was very nice and said if I would have bought it there and the same thing would have happened, he would have exchanged it for me - he even offered to take a look at it if the other guys can't fix it - I wish I would have bought from them, but they didn't have any Tippmann's in stock last week.

Any other ideas of what could be causing the r/t to not be working?

GBLoon View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GBLoon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 June 2007 at 3:40pm
The only problem I've had with my response trigger in five years is the small o-ring at the top of the piston assembly in the pistol grip.  If it has the smallest flaw the response will stop working properly.  Replace it and use white lithium grease on it and it should be fine.  Go through the test in the instructions, ie. if you turn the adjuster all the way in the trigger should be hard if not impossible to pull.  Then you adjust it out until you have the rate of fire you want.  If it doesn't get difficult to pull you have a leak somewhere, usually the above mentioned o-ring.
seanw1010 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote seanw1010 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 June 2007 at 10:13pm

Originally posted by GBLoon GBLoon wrote:

The only problem I've had with my response trigger in five years is the small o-ring at the top of the piston assembly in the pistol grip.  If it has the smallest flaw the response will stop working properly.  Replace it and use white lithium grease on it and it should be fine.  Go through the test in the instructions, ie. if you turn the adjuster all the way in the trigger should be hard if not impossible to pull.  Then you adjust it out until you have the rate of fire you want.  If it doesn't get difficult to pull you have a leak somewhere, usually the above mentioned o-ring.

got my rt today, and its malfunctioning. i saw a small groove in the oring you mentioned. please, WHERE DID YOU GET A REPLACEMENT ORING FOR THIS POSITION? thanks!

PEARL JAM!
GBLoon View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GBLoon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 July 2007 at 11:15pm
Originally posted by seanw1010 seanw1010 wrote:

Originally posted by GBLoon GBLoon wrote:

got my rt today, and its malfunctioning. i saw a small groove in the oring you mentioned. please, WHERE DID YOU GET A REPLACEMENT ORING FOR THIS POSITION? thanks!

I got my first replacements at an ACE Hardware.  I also bought a O-ring assortment from Harbor Freight that had about 20 of the right size in the kit.  Also if you are desparate, the A-5 O-ring kit has one the the right size.

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic