FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Very brief Apex test

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Lightningbolt View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
PHAT and PLAT

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lightningbolt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Very brief Apex test
    Posted: 12 June 2007 at 5:07pm

This Apex is mounted on a 12" JJ Edge kit.  I shot about 150 balls thru the Apex today.

If the paint isn't perfect forget it.  Inaccuracies that occur with a normal barrel are multiplied alot.

If the paint is in excellent condition it is nothing short of amazing.  I couldn't believe how far the good paint went.  It was very easy to tell the good paint from the bad.  Some of the balls actually just kind of went out of site and flew very straight.

Not ground-breaking news but good paint is crutial or you should just turn the ramp off.  I think the Apex is a keeper.

I can't wait to try some starch shell balls.  It should work like a dream.

Edited by Lightningbolt - 12 June 2007 at 5:10pm
Sent from a phone booth
Bruce A. Frank View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
KRL Reincarnated?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bruce A. Frank Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 June 2007 at 7:09pm
I have always said that the Apex wasn't finicky about brand or size of paint. But, out of round or paintballs with pronounced seams shoot as badly as they do out of any gun. I will add a note to that: The pronounced backspin imparted by the barrel will make the bad ball do some absolutely spectacular things...like fly a corkscrew path the length of the field, or change directions two or three times during flight. Some are so fascinating that you stop concentrating to watch the wacko flight path...and consequently get taken out.
Nycore View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nycore Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 June 2007 at 7:26pm
I disagree with you guys. Sorry. The last game I played I did something like 3000 rounds of the crappiest paint Ive used yet. The A5 barrel I had at the time was massive compared to the paint. Balls would drop through the barrel without touching any of the sides when I checked the size of the balls.

I put the APEX on its highest setting of spin and I had dead on straight balls even after some barrel breaks (cheap paint with splits at the seams).

I dont know if my Howizter bolt had anything to do with it but I doubt it. When I had the APEX on other settings the balls were practically turning around and coming back at me.
Tippmann A5, Egrip WAS, Vortex Mod, Lightning Rod, VM68 QEV, Howitzer Bolt, Collapsible Stock, Remote Line, low profile hopper, APEX Barrel
Lightningbolt View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
PHAT and PLAT

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lightningbolt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 June 2007 at 7:58pm
When I say bad paint I don't mean cheap paint.  Some of the paint I used is 3 years old with big dimples in them.  I've used cheap paint from Dunhams that shot excellent.  Not mutch you can do about dimples reguardless of which barrel you use.
Sent from a phone booth
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic