Tippmann Pneumatics Inc. Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

HELP ME BUILD MY PISTOL!

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
RavenGuard View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RavenGuard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: HELP ME BUILD MY PISTOL!
    Posted: 12 June 2007 at 2:04pm
I desperately need the help of someone who knows about pneumatic valves and rams and the like.

I'm planning a home project to build myself a paintball pistol that hopefully will not have the problems I see with all the pistols on the market.

So far, my best idea is to use an electronic valve that I would simply be able to wire to an a-5 or 98 e-grip (or spyder for that matter).  This valve with be 3 way (one input and 2 outputs) and it would be hooked up like so:

airsource -> input 1
output 1 -> guns breach
output 2 -> time-delayed pneumatic ram

The time delayed pneumatic ram would be set in a closed position with no pressure, and pull the breach open when it recieves pressure.  Basically, the gun fires, launches the ball, an then the breach will open to allow the next ball to feed, close, and be ready for the next shot, though I do see problems with this.

My first question would be: Using one 3-way valve would it be possible to time delay the output to the breach but allow the ram to receive power first? (i.e. the breach is always open, and closes just before firing like in a tippmann marker)

Other than that, please leave me comments on what you think of the idea, what could make it better, and even if it's even remotely possible.  Thanks!
Tippmann A-5
Polished Internals
E-Grip
Ape Board
JCS Blade Trigger
QEV
8" Bigshot + Apex
Ricochet R-5 / Tac Cap
Palmers Stabilizer
68/4500 Crossfire
e-rok View Drop Down
3 strikes and hes outta here

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote e-rok Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 June 2007 at 2:29pm
im no expert but i took some electrical classes for auto but still in all. id say its possible, but im not positive so dont let me make your decition for you. but i do know even though it sounds like a bad ass idea... and if you end up with a full auto pistol it will be one bad piece, but will it be worth your very important time. how accurate will a full auto pistol be and in no more than a second your out of balls. the project could end up being more expencive than its worth. im intrested in youur idea so ima do some investigating and reaserch, get my nerd on then get back to you so good luck with your pistol and ill hit you back up pretty soon with my latest
RavenGuard View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RavenGuard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 June 2007 at 3:14pm
Thank.  If I get this thing working, I'd be happy to give the plans to those who helped so we can all get in on the fun.

Tippmann A-5
Polished Internals
E-Grip
Ape Board
JCS Blade Trigger
QEV
8" Bigshot + Apex
Ricochet R-5 / Tac Cap
Palmers Stabilizer
68/4500 Crossfire
Monk View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Monk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 June 2007 at 1:54am
You wont get enough flow from a small 3-way to get a ball out the barrel. My suggestion would be to take a spyder or something and Timmy it, then mod of a VA with 12 gram changer and a 10 round feed tube. Or just buy a pistol. lol.

Or if you dont want something as tall as a spyder. Take an Ion and mod the hell out of that.

Edited by Monk - 13 June 2007 at 1:55am
/\ /\ \/ \/ < > < > B A START
Nagash1959 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nagash1959 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 June 2007 at 1:12pm

Question. What problems exactly are you refering to? The most common one that I hear about reading from pbreview is leaks. I got my Ariakon ACP a few days ago and so far I have no problem with it leaking. I'm realling looking foward to getting to use it in the field.

Don't some stock guns have a little chamber that you can twist in the 12grams with a quick motion, instead of the big cap at the front of the gun I see on most pistols? That is the only other thing I can think of improving on.

98 Custom
Cyclone
Double E-Trigger
Polished Internals
Freak kit
X-chamber
CP Drop w/On/Off
netramakin View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote netramakin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 June 2007 at 11:24pm
Originally posted by Nagash1959 Nagash1959 wrote:

Question. What problems exactly are you refering to?

"I'm a riddle so strong, you can't break me."
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic