Tippmann Pneumatics Inc. Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

X7 Flatline Installation issues

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Benlandia View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Benlandia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: X7 Flatline Installation issues
    Posted: 12 June 2007 at 2:57am

Hi i'm rather new to paintball, just purchased a new x7 out of the box with the flatline barrel. I tried installing the flatline but I ran into a few problems on the way...

As the instructions say, I am supposed to remove the barrel AND barrel adapter in one swift movement. This does not seem to want to happen. As I turn to barrel to the right to tighten it, it will get tight to the point of not budging. The instructions say it should push the adapter with it. Now I loosen the three designated pins, push left on the barrel, and what do you know it, the barrel just unscrews, leaving the adapter firmly in place.

I tried to do a search to see if anything of this matter had happened before, but I just get an error message through the browser so I was wondering if anyone could help me out? Thanks.

attakdog View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote attakdog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 June 2007 at 1:59pm
Twist the stock barrel until tight, (it's threaded) then loosen the 3 HEX HEAD BOLTS, not remove the pins. Turn the barrel 1/4 turn counterclockwise and pull it out, it may be tight there is an O-Ring. Once it's out you'll see how it works!
Benlandia View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Benlandia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 June 2007 at 6:38pm
Ok, followed the directions to the letter, but no matter how tight I screw in the barrel, even after loosening the 3 hex head bolts, the barrel adapter will NOT budge. Where i'm presuming the head adapter should turn, it won't, and the barrel simply unscrews.
raliyn View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote raliyn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 June 2007 at 10:08am
Okay -

take the two reciever halves apart (combination of taking all the push pins out, and the allen screws).

Just pull the stock barrel out and replace with the flatline.

It is easier if you take the flatline out of its shroud first, it requires a bit of force to do.

Whack the flatline barrel into the marker (just be sure that the end of the barrel is "higher" than the entry point), close the two marker halves together again, re-do all the allen screws and push pins, and then pop the flatline shroud back on.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic