FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Racism

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 7>
Author
Lightningbolt View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
PHAT and PLAT

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lightningbolt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 June 2007 at 2:19pm

I'm not racist but dislike anyone that's an idiot with equality. 

The small community I live in is overall racist.  It's a small, affluent city with a whopping 2 stop lights.  I hate to say this but if you're a colored teenager driving thru town you WILL get yanked. 

Sent from a phone booth
GI JOES SON View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Got me flowers for my birthday

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GI JOES SON Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 June 2007 at 2:28pm
i live in holbrook ny on long island, its not really racist, but if you go over a few towns into farmingville its bad...they have illegal immigrants left and right...basically if theres more than 3 people in a car that look hispanic your gonna get pulled over, esp if its in a minivan or a car thats known to be able to seat a lot of people
karll View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Extra "L" for sale. PM with offer.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote karll Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 June 2007 at 2:50pm
Originally posted by Lightningbolt Lightningbolt wrote:

The small community I live in is overall racist.  It's a small, affluent city with a whopping 2 stop lights.  I hate to say this but if you're a colored teenager driving through town you WILL get yanked.

Same here. Profiling is quite common in my town.

Originally posted by reclusivetorrid reclusivetorrid wrote:

But this isn't a debate about religion (don't get me started). And this
is not a debate about gays or women. Please don't start that mess.
We pretty much know that you'll never get everyone to accept
homosexual behavior. That's just a fact that you uber libs are gonna
have to deal with. I personally don't have a problem with
homosexual people as long as they aren't tryin' to do the "mexican
hat dance" in front of me. I don't really wanna see that.

And (big surprise) women are different from men, not that they can't
do what men do, and not that they are in any way inferior, but they
are different. If you don't believe that then your just stupid.

Please don't try to suck my into a "gay" or religious debate.

I'd like to aviod those subjects

Later

You brought up the fact that you didn't want to debate twice. However, you also provided your stance on homosexuality with phrases like "uber libs." Sounds like fighting words to me.

Originally posted by Hades Hades wrote:

I think a good deal of people are guilty of falling into relying on overgeneralized stereotypes more than they are guilty of having true racist beliefs.

Very well put.
PlentifulBalls "It's cool, I'll be dead before I'm not pretty."
Gatyr "Stupid things exist."

Hysteria View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Strike 2 - Language, 9/25

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hysteria Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 June 2007 at 2:53pm
Originally posted by .Ryan .Ryan wrote:

Yes, if you're associating his being black with his being a gangster lowlife....His race isn't the issue there, it's his demeanor and style, and the fact that he looks like a criminal...

I feel the need to point out the fact that your statement plays into stereotypes and is borderline racist.  You are saying that since he wears urban wear, talks loudly and has his hands in his pockets, he looks like a criminal.
DBibeau855 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
IIIIIMMMMM BAAACCCKKK

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DBibeau855 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 June 2007 at 2:55pm
Isreal uses racial profiling in their national security programs. And it works.
DeTrevni View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
b-YOU-ick. Was that so hard?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DeTrevni Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 June 2007 at 3:00pm
Originally posted by DBibeau855 DBibeau855 wrote:

As does Deutschland.
Evil Elvis: "Detrevni is definally like a hillbilly hippy from hell"

Dune View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
<placeholder>

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dune Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 June 2007 at 3:56pm

Originally posted by DeTrevni DeTrevni wrote:

Originally posted by DBibeau855 DBibeau855 wrote:

As does Deutschland.

That's quite impossible to infer that it would work in America. Population numbers, border problems, and culture diversity all play different roles than it does in Israel or in other countries. The whole idea that racial profiling works is when somone looks at the people that have been caught, which usually coincides with large numbers of people being pulled over and let go simpling because of the policy. But that part never gets the attention.

.Ryan View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Neither cool nor annoying

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote .Ryan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 June 2007 at 5:17pm
Originally posted by Hysteria Hysteria wrote:

Yes, if you're associating his being black with his being a gangster lowlife....His race isn't the issue there, it's his demeanor and style, and the fact that he looks like a criminal...

I feel the need to point out the fact that your statement plays into stereotypes and is borderline racist.  You are saying that since he wears urban wear, talks loudly and has his hands in his pockets, he looks like a criminal.

That is the basic look of a gangster criminal, am I wrong? Also, "criminal" is not a race...

Evil Elvis View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Crusher of Dreams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Evil Elvis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 June 2007 at 6:01pm

<span style="font-weight: bold;">Yes, if you're associating his being black with his being a gangster lowlife....His race isn't the issue there, it's his demeanor and style, and the fact that he looks like a criminal...</span><span style="font-weight: bold;"></span>
That is the basic look of a gangster criminal, am I wrong? Also, "criminal" is not a race...

That's just common sence. Specially since most Rap Lyrics Glorify and Praise Illegal Activities. After all besides Gangster rappers who else could offord to put 20 inch chrome rims in Govertment Subsidided Housing.

Where my Sister used to live are some pretty slummy projects and I kid you not you can find parked there in front of a drab Duplex Complex a Jaguar S Type. Even if the owner isnt guilty of Narco Trafficing he sure is guilty of Fraud.

Not saying that your views are wrong. I am just saying my views that I gained growing up arround people who would teach Beating the System like it was a Trade or Skill. I know people that can calculate how much Social Security Disbility you can get for a number of Ailments that Medical Science cant prove. Or the ones such as 'alcoholism'.

These are the people who have turned Racism into a Crutch and shield to hide behind. Not that is the Majoroty of Minoroties but they are sure as hell the first one to blame all their problems on the Goverment or Racism.
karll View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Extra "L" for sale. PM with offer.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote karll Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 June 2007 at 7:01pm
Originally posted by Evil Elvis Evil Elvis wrote:

Where my Sister used to live are some pretty slummy projects and I kid you not you can find parked there in front of a drab Duplex Complex a Jaguar S Type. Even if the owner isnt guilty of Narco Trafficing he sure is guilty of Fraud.

You see the same kind of stuff all of the time in grocery stores. I used to  sack groceries and people would come in and buy tons of milk, eggs, cereal, cheese, etc. and pay with food stamps, wic, what have you.  Then they'd pull out a hefty wad of cash and pay for their liquor and cigarettes. I am not saying less fortunate people shouldn't be able to buy alcohol or smokes. And granted, it could have been all ones in the roll of cash, but something tells me otherwise.
PlentifulBalls "It's cool, I'll be dead before I'm not pretty."
Gatyr "Stupid things exist."

MT. Vigilante View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
Captain America

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MT. Vigilante Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 June 2007 at 7:30pm

Originally posted by MT. Vigilante MT. Vigilante wrote:

Originally posted by Clark Kent Clark Kent wrote:

Was Jesus a racist?

Yes, until the civil rights movement. Then He saw the light and became anti-racist.

Sorry for the double post.It was people, before the civil rights movement, that made Jesus look like a racist, but they were dead wrong. If you read the new testement, I beleive it was in 2 corinthians, the Bible states that in Gods eyes, there is no difference between the races. Infact since Abraham, in God's eyes there has really only been two races anyway, Jews and Gentiles, and now with the new covenant there is no longer any difference between jews and gentiles, so no God is not racist and never was.

If there was no difference between races in the eyes of God, then there would be no need for "him" to illustrate that there were 2 different races. He would view everyone only as people.

Also Jesus tell his followers in Matthew 7:6 "Do not give what is holy to dogs, and do not throw your pearls before swine, or they will trample them under their feet, and turn and tear you to pieces." Did Jesus think his gospel and teachings were above the heathens grasp?

Also at the time of Jesus' visit to earth, The Pharisaic rabbis viewed people of other races as dogs. In Mark 7:27 a foreign woman in the neighboring country of Tyre and Sidon asks Jesus to heal her demon possessed daughter, he said, "It is not fair to take the children's food and throw it to the dogs" Was he contrasting the Jewish children of God and the foreign dogs of Phoenicia?

Yes he was, you see he was not preaching the gospel to the gentiles when he caim to earth. He left that to his disciples after he left. The reason for this is because the Jews were and still are his chosen people, and he said that the gospel had to be preached to them first, but since they rejected it then the gospel was then given to the gentiles and we were as Paul states "grafted onto the tree." So now God sees no distinction between Jews or Gentiles.
Join the XP Re-Revolution!
.Ryan View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Neither cool nor annoying

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote .Ryan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 June 2007 at 8:28pm
Originally posted by Evil Elvis Evil Elvis wrote:

<span style="font-weight: bold;">Yes, if you're associating his being black with his being a gangster lowlife....His race isn't the issue there, it's his demeanor and style, and the fact that he looks like a criminal...</span><span style="font-weight: bold;"></span>

That's just common sence. Specially since most Rap Lyrics Glorify and Praise Illegal Activities. After all besides Gangster rappers who else could offord to put 20 inch chrome rims in Govertment Subsidided Housing.

Not saying that your views are wrong. I am just saying my views that I gained growing up arround people who would teach Beating the System like it was a Trade or Skill. I know people that can calculate how much Social Security Disbility you can get for a number of Ailments that Medical Science cant prove. Or the ones such as 'alcoholism'.

These are the people who have turned Racism into a Crutch and shield to hide behind. Not that is the Majoroty of Minoroties but they are sure as hell the first one to blame all their problems on the Goverment or Racism.

I personally know a lot of white people who are seasoned "system beaters"....that's not a race issue, that's a morality issue...

reclusivetorrid View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
Look at me, I came out of my hole!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reclusivetorrid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 June 2007 at 8:36am
Sorry about that, I can get a little carried away.

I'm, a Christian it's typical for us to get carried away into the
hypocitical lifstyle of a religeous fanatic. (Something I struggle with,
and I don't mind dmitting it) I really don't want to disscuss those
issues. However, my little two cent phraze did come off sounding a
bit opposite didn't it? Again I am sorry.

Later

stratoaxe View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
And my axe...

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stratoaxe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 June 2007 at 11:19am

Was Jesus a racist?

Yes, until the civil rights movement. Then He saw the light and became anti-racist.

Sorry for the double post.It was people, before the civil rights movement, that made Jesus look like a racist, but they were dead wrong. If you read the new testement, I beleive it was in 2 corinthians, the Bible states that in Gods eyes, there is no difference between the races. Infact since Abraham, in God's eyes there has really only been two races anyway, Jews and Gentiles, and now with the new covenant there is no longer any difference between jews and gentiles, so no God is not racist and never was.

If there was no difference between races in the eyes of God, then there would be no need for "him" to illustrate that there were 2 different races. He would view everyone only as people.

Also Jesus tell his followers in Matthew 7:6 "Do not give what is holy to dogs, and do not throw your pearls before swine, or they will trample them under their feet, and turn and tear you to pieces." Did Jesus think his gospel and teachings were above the heathens grasp?

I've never interpreted that Scripture to refer to dogs as gentiles. Why else would Christ later have told his disciples to go into all the earth preaching the Gospel?  While yes, the term was used, I'm not completely sure that it entirels applies to this verse. 

Also at the time of Jesus' visit to earth, The Pharisaic rabbis viewed people of other races as dogs. In Mark 7:27 a foreign woman in the neighboring country of Tyre and Sidon asks Jesus to heal her demon possessed daughter, he said, "It is not fair to take the children's food and throw it to the dogs" Was he contrasting the Jewish children of God and the foreign dogs of Phoenicia?'

That Scripture is completely out of context without the Scriptures that follow-

7:26 The woman was a Greek, a Syrophenician by nation; and she besought him that he would cast forth the devil out of her daughter.

7:27 But Jesus said unto her, Let the children first be filled: for it is not meet to take the children's bread, and to cast [it] unto the dogs.

7:28 And she answered and said unto him, Yes,Lord: yet the dogs under the table eat of the children's crumbs.

7:29 And he said unto her, For this saying go thy way; the devil is gone out of thy daughter.

While yes, the distinction is made, there is clearly a point to what He was saying.

Back to topic, I would say that where I live you have to worry more about rednecks who want to show off their balls than minorities. Me and some friends almost got in a fight at a movie theater this weeked after going to a club. Some goat roper cowboy and his friends walk up and starts making fun of my friends hair and basically calling us "**edited**s" (the redneck's greatest insult apparently). We just walked off, but still, it pisses me off. I hate that attitude around here. Black guys have never bothered me or my friends, not saying it doesn't happen, but I've never encountered in a personal sense. It's all in the mentality of the community I suppose.

MT. Vigilante View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
Captain America

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MT. Vigilante Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 June 2007 at 11:52am
Originally posted by stratoaxe stratoaxe wrote:

Was Jesus a racist?

I've never interpreted that Scripture to refer to dogs as gentiles. Why else would Christ later have told his disciples to go into all the earth preaching the Gospel?  While yes, the term was used, I'm not completely sure that it entirels applies to this verse. 

Also at the time of Jesus' visit to earth, The Pharisaic rabbis viewed people of other races as dogs. In Mark 7:27 a foreign woman in the neighboring country of Tyre and Sidon asks Jesus to heal her demon possessed daughter, he said, "It is not fair to take the children's food and throw it to the dogs" Was he contrasting the Jewish children of God and the foreign dogs of Phoenicia?'

That Scripture is completely out of context without the Scriptures that follow-

7:26 The woman was a Greek, a Syrophenician by nation; and she besought him that he would cast forth the devil out of her daughter.

7:27 But Jesus said unto her, Let the children first be filled: for it is not meet to take the children's bread, and to cast [it] unto the dogs.

7:28 And she answered and said unto him, Yes,Lord: yet the dogs under the table eat of the children's crumbs.

7:29 And he said unto her, For this saying go thy way; the devil is gone out of thy daughter.

While yes, the distinction is made, there is clearly a point to what He was saying.

Thanks, you clarified that better than I did. 
Join the XP Re-Revolution!
mod98commando View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mod98commando Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 June 2007 at 4:54pm
**For those who would rather not read my novel below, just skip to the quote at the end**

I think racism is a bad thing but it's not really a tremendous issue like it was back when there was segregation or slavery. There will always be people that are intolerant of differences in others but as long as they keep it to themselves it's no big deal. At this point, I think society is beyond the point of, say, denying minorities a job because of their ethnicity but there are definitely people out there who think less of others because of race. Personally, I don't hate people because of their race but I do hate the way that people of some races tend to act. Stereotypes are not true for all people but from personal experience I've come to believe that many stereotypes exist because there is a trend in the behavior of certain people. Italians in the NJ/NY area, for example, tend to all spike their hair, wear a ton of jewelry, etc. It's a stereotype but from what I've seen, it's true. However, not all Italians do that, myself included.

With every ethnicity/race comes a certain set of behaviors and tendencies that are common amongst them. It's not racist to acknowledge this, it's just being observant. While I don't like what certain people tend to do, I don't let it affect how I treat them. I'm friends with all different types of people and I judge them only on what kind of person they are. Hell, I hate the stereotypical Italian types but I have a few friends that are just like that. Why? Because they're good friends. There's nothing wrong with forming opinions based on observed behavior trends. It's only a problem when you start to mistreat people just because they're a different color or their eyes are shaped differently. Today's society is generally way too sensitive to the issue and I think that's mostly because their motivated by money. People know that if they play the race card they can probably get some money or special treatment out of it so they do it. Not everybody, but a whole lot of people do.

Not to shift off topic or anything but I also think affirmative action is a load of crap at this point in time. By now, everybody has the same opportunity and helping people out just because of their ethnicity is wrong. I think that, in itself, is racist because that sends the message that these people are incapable of doing it on their own when they're no less capable than anybody else. If it applied to me, I'd probably be insulted by it. It's sickening to know that colleges and business are required to balance the race/gender distribution even if that means turning away people that are more qualified. The only consideration there should be merit. You're either qualified or you're not and your race has no importance.

Originally posted by reclusivetorrid reclusivetorrid wrote:

The basic point is that we tell ourselves and each other that we are
different, but the truth is we are different merely because we TELL
ourselves we are.

I thought that was a pretty good quote so I wanted to reiterate it. It basically sums up my stance on the issue in one short sentence.

Edited by mod98commando - 17 June 2007 at 4:57pm
oreomann33: Everybody invades Poland
Rofl_Mao: And everyone eats turkey
Me: But only if they're hungary
Mack: Yeah but hungary people go russian through their food and end up with greece on everyth
e-rok View Drop Down
3 strikes and hes outta here

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote e-rok Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 June 2007 at 5:15pm

edited because i forgot there was too be no religious anything on this post so the tower of babel bit is deleted

Originally posted by karll karll wrote:

So I've been pondering this lately, and since I can't make up my own mind, I figured I would let you all do it for me.

Is it a learned behavior?

(my responce) ya but you should have a good reason

Can you get rid of it?

(my responce)not if i had a talk with you, J/K but if your reasons are legit then you dont just get rid of it unless they fix the problem and some of um cant be fixed

Do you think it's a problem in today's society?

(my responce) no these problems have been around since anyone can remember, and its not a problem they are

Are people from all races guilty of it?

(my responce)ells yeah, for example: wish i could give you one but i dont want ne probs on the forum, PM me but the minorities of America that dont have origins in America blame everything on white Americans that have oringins in America.... go figure

Edited by e-rok - 18 June 2007 at 12:30am
Darur View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Stare directly into my avatar...

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Darur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 June 2007 at 7:15pm
Originally posted by e-rok e-rok wrote:

Jesus deamed at the tower of babble all toungs should be separated, and i dont see any white Americans or Canadians for that matter speaking african gibberish and the non white Americans that speak english learned it from Americans, if you believe in the bible and god you should take that into concideration

So I've been pondering this lately, and since I can't make up my own mind, I figured I would let you all do it for me.

Can you get rid of it?

(my responce)not if i had a talk with you, J/K but if your reasons are legit then you dont just get rid of it unless they fix the problem and some of um cant be fixed

(my responce) no these problems have been around since anyone can remember, and its not a problem they are

(my responce)ells yeah, for example: wish i could give you one but i dont want ne probs on the forum, PM me but the minorities of America that dont have origins in America blame everything on white Americans that have oringins in America.... go figure

There is so much wrong with your post its not even funny . . .

I think the least frightening part was you completely misusing, misquoting, and misspelling the Tower Of Babel reference.

Edited by Darur - 17 June 2007 at 7:16pm
Real Men play Tuba

PH33R TEH 1337 Dwarf!
DONT CLICK ME!!1
Cedric View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Unit

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cedric Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 June 2007 at 7:48pm

Jesus deamed at the tower of babble all toungs should be separated, and i dont see any white Americans or Canadians for that matter speaking african gibberish and the non white Americans that speak english learned it from Americans, if you believe in the bible and god you should take that into concideration

Can you get rid of it?

I bet your father is really proud of you.

BARREL BREAK View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Prettiest Princess in all the lands

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BARREL BREAK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 June 2007 at 8:08pm
Originally posted by Darur Darur wrote:

There is so much wrong with your post its not even funny . . .I think the least frightening part was you completely misusing, misquoting, and misspelling the Tower Of Babel reference.
Nah, it's still pretty funny.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 7>
  Share Topic