Tippmann Pneumatics Inc. Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

removing response trigger

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
zak117 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zak117 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: removing response trigger
    Posted: 07 June 2007 at 10:12pm
I already have a tippmann 98 custom but wanted a better gun.
so I purchased an a-5 with response trigger already installed on ebay for a low amount of $, but the field I play at doesn't allow the response trigger so I want to remove it completely and add something else like e-trig <it's allowed but not response trigger<ramping or something like that. . and a tutorial would be nice since im new 
Nagash1959 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nagash1959 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 June 2007 at 12:09am

All you do is take off the trigger frame with the RT and place the trigger frame with the E-grip on. Basically you follow the guide that you'd get with the E-grip about removing the normal trigger, not much different.

98 Custom
Cyclone
Double E-Trigger
Polished Internals
Freak kit
X-chamber
CP Drop w/On/Off
zak117 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zak117 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 June 2007 at 1:01am
Thanks appreciate the help 
QcXf View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote QcXf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 June 2007 at 12:07pm
You also have to remove one of the barbs on the side. The one with the RT adjustment and replace the middle barb with a single barb fitting. Also if you dont have one with your extra parts you will have to call tippmann and get a body screw because that barb for the RT adjustment replaces a body screw.

BTW: I just replaced my RT with an e-grip yesterday.

Edited by QcXf - 08 June 2007 at 12:07pm
Nagash1959 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nagash1959 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 June 2007 at 12:34pm
The good part about that is you can just switch back and forth between grips depending on where your playing.
98 Custom
Cyclone
Double E-Trigger
Polished Internals
Freak kit
X-chamber
CP Drop w/On/Off
QcXf View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote QcXf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 June 2007 at 12:33am
well you have to change the barbs too. you cant just switch out the grips.

Novery View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Novery Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 June 2007 at 1:23am
Why wouldn't they allow R/T triggers? Ramping? Oh, come on. You can adjust the "Rate of Fire." E-Grips are allowed? Hell, you can ramp full auto on those things. It's ridiculous how they don't let markers with mechanical functions to be used on the field where you are.

Good luck with the removal of the R/T though.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic