FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

I was going to post about my new car...

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 4567>
Author
636andy636. View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
Guested 10/24/07: Inappropriate Word Use

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 636andy636. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 June 2007 at 7:40pm
Originally posted by Tolgak Tolgak wrote:

Originally posted by 636andy636. 636andy636. wrote:

Sounds like your family has to go out of their way to please your sister so she does not freak out. Get her on some bipolar drugs and the problems with her will go down.

My parents are under so much stress because of her that it's best to let her be pleased (as long as we don't go out of our way to do it). When she starts yelling, my mom starts crying and even my dad gets pretty mellow. As a result, they start taking anger out on me. It's best not to enrage her.

Go to a family counselor.

Pills wont do. She was on depression meds for a while and they didn't do crap. I was too at one point and they don't work. Even if we do manage to get her tested and get her pills, she wont take them. She's too stubborn.

Make a rule, you go on the pills, or you cannot live here anymore

Its her car too right? Well she can let people smoke in it if she wants too.

No, it's exclusively mine. I'm paying for all the insurance, all the gas that both of us used so far, and will pay my dad back for it once I get a solid job. We tried to make her understand that she shouldn't be driving the car, but then she blew her top.

I can't keep the keys away from her, because she'll tear my room apart (when I'm in the shower or something) to find them. She's done it before for lesser things.

Keep your keys on you at all times. Invest in a safe

I can't lock the door to my room. She keeps multiple screwdrivers hidden so that she can open any locked door in the house when she so desires. I've had a few too, in case some doors accidentally got locked. She looks for any that I have and takes them from me if she ever finds out I have one. I've tried keeping one with my wallet for a while but she ended up nabbing that one too. She has it to the point that it's effortless to get what she wants from anywhere in the house. If she needs to find something that's hidden, she pretty much destroys rooms (especially mine) to find it.

Invest in a safe

As for letting people smoke pot. If something belongs to two people, it should be understood that the needs of both owners must be fulfilled within reason. If I say no smoking in the car, she would have to respect that. If she said I had to take off my boots after paintball to avoid getting the car dirty, I would have to respect that. The rules of joint ownership don't depend on who's in the car at the time.

Again, it's my car. So she needs to learn that me letting her use it is a favor, not a right.

Sounds like your family is your sisters <poopy>.

Edited by Rambino - 09 June 2007 at 10:53pm
brihard View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Strike 1 - Making stuff up

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote brihard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 June 2007 at 7:44pm
Actually the safe is not a bad idea at all. You could easily get one that'll hold a laptop, keys, cellphone, wallet, valuable personal essentials, etc.
"Abortion is not "choice" in America. It is forced and the democrats are behind it, with the goal of eugenics at its foundation."

-FreeEnterprise, 21 April 2011.

Yup, he actually said that.
rednekk98 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Dead man...

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rednekk98 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 June 2007 at 7:47pm
seriously, invest in a good lock for your door. You seem pretty sharp, you should be able to figure out a way to keep her out, and if not, make it suck very much for her to get in. Again, mace isn't a bad idea. I'd have kicked her to the curb as soon as she graduated if i were your parents. If they havent been able to straighten her out by now, they wont be able to.
Tolgak View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Master of MSPaint and bri's Daddy

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tolgak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 June 2007 at 7:47pm

Done it. It didn't work.

My parents will never do that. As much as I'm pretty sure they dispise her, the commitment to being a family is too strong. Remember, Turkish culture emphasizes dependence on and loyalty to family, not independence like it is here. Unlike most of my American friends, I'm expected to shape my life as my parents tell me to, not to choose my own path. I still do my best not to let them get in the way of my decisions. This is just to show how family relationships work with Turkish people.

Good idea, others have told me that too.

Sounds like your family is your sisters beehotch.

We're just trying to hold out until she gets a reality check and finds out what fairness really means in this world.

Edited by Tolgak - 09 June 2007 at 7:51pm
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 636andy636. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 June 2007 at 7:51pm

Done it. It didn't work.

Did not go for long enough/not much effort into it.

My parents will never do that.

Your parents need to man up then.

Good idea, others have told me that too.

Sounds like your family is your sisters beehotch.

We're just trying to hold out until she gets a reality check and finds out what fairness really means in this world.

I have a step sister that is like your sister. A reality check wont work, she will always be causing problems in your family.

Your parents need to give her the boot. Best thing to do is when shes gone for a weekend. Move all her stuff into an apartment that has 2 months rent paid for already.

Small roomsafes on the internet are 100-150 dollars. Get one with out a key, and bolt it to your floor with a torq-set head or a tamper resistant bolt, like the ones found on playgrounds at schools and stuff

Edited by 636andy636. - 09 June 2007 at 7:54pm
Tolgak View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tolgak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 June 2007 at 7:56pm
Read the edit to see why my parents will never kick her out.

We did extensive counseling over many years with her. I can't name all the pills she's been on or the psycologists/psychiatrists she's been taken to.

At one point my parents had to ask absurd questions and do odd things to figure out the source of her madness. They tried taking away cocoa based candy at one point after noticing a correlation between antisocial behavior and eating chocolate. We had a series of appointments with PHDs to figure it out. We got nothing.
rednekk98 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Dead man...

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rednekk98 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 June 2007 at 8:38pm

Read the edit to see why my parents will never kick her out.

We did extensive counseling over many years with her. I can't name all the pills she's been on or the psycologists/psychiatrists she's been taken to.

At one point my parents had to ask absurd questions and do odd things to figure out the source of her madness. They tried taking away cocoa based candy at one point after noticing a correlation between antisocial behavior and eating chocolate. We had a series of appointments with PHDs to figure it out. We got nothing.
  It sounds like you've given it a good enough shot, I'm just going to say that if none of that has been able to come up with a diagnosis or treatment, then she is just a crappy person. Your parents should give her the boot, i'd think that turkish culture might also have something about respecting your parents. if she doesnt want to play by those rules, time to try western values if that's what she wants. Otherwise, minimize the amount of damage she can do to your belongings and family. If she hates enyone and doesnt want anybody going to her graduation, screw her. Once she's out of the house, cut off as much contact as possible, and I'd suggest not letting her back. Get by as best you can until you get yourself a used car that you enjoy, let her trash the 3. It probably wont take her long, and dont get her another one. Horror stories like this are one reason im not thrilled about the idea of ever having kids.

I'm going to second that your sis is probably a tiger in the sack, a friend of mine has a knack for finding girls just like that, they like someone dumber than they are who will put up with their crap. there's a reason he does. Try to set her up with someone who truly deserves her, at least it will be one more way to split the amount of crap she gives people.

Tae Kwon Do View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Best Forumer of the Year 2006

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tae Kwon Do Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 June 2007 at 8:40pm
Originally posted by Tae Kwon Do Tae Kwon Do wrote:

What would George Washington do? 

DBibeau855 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
IIIIIMMMMM BAAACCCKKK

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DBibeau855 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 June 2007 at 8:44pm
Looks like its time to just take her out back and beat her with a hose.
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 636andy636. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 June 2007 at 8:49pm
Originally posted by DBibeau855 DBibeau855 wrote:

Looks like its time to just take her out back and beat her with a hose.

Did that to my step sister, she ended up trying to suck it off... she makes paris hilton look kosher
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
IIIIIMMMMM BAAACCCKKK

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DBibeau855 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 June 2007 at 9:10pm
Sir, i would like to meet your step sister.
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 636andy636. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 June 2007 at 9:13pm

Trust me, you don't. Unless you like your women like you like your whiskey. 32 years old with a little coke and a side of chlamydia.
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
IIIIIMMMMM BAAACCCKKK

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DBibeau855 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 June 2007 at 9:17pm
Ah.. ew..

*edit* Speaking of sisters and coke. My girlfriends sister recently moved away from where i am now. She came to live with us because she was having drug problems, mainly extacy and cocain. We tried and tried and tried. She hasnt even graduated from highschool, but she fell into the same type of friends here, started using again. When she got here, she was skin and bones, she wasnt using anymore, she got a cute butt and a nice chest on her, then she moved out and started using again, the change was dramatic, she looked like a train wreck.

Edited by DBibeau855 - 09 June 2007 at 9:23pm
pb125 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
1 language strike, 10/15

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pb125 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 June 2007 at 9:23pm

Trust me, you don't. Unless you like your women like you like your whiskey. 32 years old with a little coke and a side of chlamydia.

Yes please.
Cedric View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Unit

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cedric Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 June 2007 at 9:55pm
Wait why the hell did he have actual pot leaves? No one uses leaves **edited** .

WGP guy2 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
I play the Bag Pipes

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WGP guy2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 June 2007 at 10:03pm
Originally posted by Cedric Cedric wrote:

Wait why the hell did he have actual pot leaves? No one uses leaves **edited** .

Go back a few pages and you'll find out...
Tolgak View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tolgak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 June 2007 at 10:04pm
Originally posted by Cedric Cedric wrote:

I just called them leaves. It was the same crap I've seen in dimebags before. I didn't know that they were actually the buds.
Snipa69 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Soulectomy complete in 3...2...1...

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Snipa69 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 June 2007 at 11:32pm
This is when I'd recommend that your family force her to join a branch of the armed services. That always seems to straiten people out...
brihard View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Strike 1 - Making stuff up

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote brihard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 June 2007 at 12:09am
Originally posted by Snipa69 Snipa69 wrote:

This is when I'd recommend that your family force her to join a branch of the armed services. That always seems to straiten people out...

That's not why the military exists. We've no interest in people sending us their basket cases. If I had a kid like this as a recruit, I'd probably break them, make them cry, and make them quit- and I'm a very easygoing and personable guy, even to the recruits. I cannot abide useless people.
"Abortion is not "choice" in America. It is forced and the democrats are behind it, with the goal of eugenics at its foundation."

-FreeEnterprise, 21 April 2011.

Yup, he actually said that.
Da Hui View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Guested, 9/13 Inappropiate post content

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Da Hui Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 June 2007 at 12:17am
Jacksonville isnt that bad. Go on down to St. Augustine and Crecent beach. Thats always fun.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 4567>
  Share Topic